Fishing In The QB Pond

bodey24

Staff member
I really like Tannehill this year. He quietly finished 6th in scoring among qbs last year and added Stills, Cameron, and Parker this offseason. I was able to draft him in the 10th round this year in one of my dynasty startup leagues. I think he is a steal this year.

German CTL

Circle City Outlaw
Peyton is being undervalued right now IMO. I'd be taking him as the 3rd QB off the board. He balled before his quad injury last year, he'll be just fine this year... I think.

Two guys I'm targeting later on - Eli and Stafford. Both in their second years with new coordinators, they should produce. Eli threw 30 tds under McAdoo last year... I think he could go for 35ish this year now that he's more comfortable and he'll have Odell along with Cruz, randle and vereen to throw to.

German CTL

Circle City Outlaw
Carson Palmer could put up good #'s too! A lot of promising later round QBs it would seem... Winston throwing to Evans, vjax and ASJ, could be more than serviceable!

ExperiencedRookie

Carson Palmer could put up good #'s too! A lot of promising later round QBs it would seem... Winston throwing to Evans, vjax and ASJ, could be more than serviceable!
Shhhhhhhh :cool:

I think Winston has top 10 potential. His weapons are as good as anyone in the league. All of his WRs are absolute giants.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
If Bradford is healthy you have one of the top 5, you heard it here first. Kelly can work miracles with crap.

German CTL

Circle City Outlaw
I've always been fond of grabbing two QBs back to backish later on. This year I'd like to roll out Eli and Stafford/Palmer/Bradford/Winston while hoarding skill players early. Maybe even grab Gronk hopefully in the second and let everyone else take Ryan/Brees/Ben early. I would consider grabbing Peyton semi early if he falls though.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Yup, grab a Romo or Ryan or Eli later, and get all the Wrs and Rbs, I like that. Heck even Dalton can score you well in reg. season games. HE just sucks in Playoffs.

cctekguy

Staff member
Still haven't touched on Carr, Bortles, Mariota, Geno, E.J. or Mallet. :)

Where is Cutler and Bridgewater?

German CTL

Circle City Outlaw

Didn't carr throw for 21 tds last year? Should only improve.. I don't know about relying on him this year but in the near future? Probably!

ExperiencedRookie

Carr : Still a ways off
Bortles : Even further off with worse weapons
Mariota : Shouldn't even be drafted
Geno : See Mariota
EJ: Is he still playing QB?
Mallet: You're joking, right?

Bridgewater : One of the best QBR over the 2nd half of the season. Add Mike Wallace, a healthy Rudolph, and that AP guy and this looks kinda tasty.
Cutler : Better than all those guys in the upper list, but no top 5 potential at all.

cctekguy

Staff member
I'll probably skip QB until I have 3 WR, TE, and 11 or 12 RB.

...then start looking for Palmer, Bradford, Winston etc.

What about Foles? Quick. Bailey and Tavon aren't a terrible set of WRs .

RG III still not mentioned either and he has terrific outside guys and a decent O-line.

Last edited:

Walter34

I think Wilson is #3 by years end but would not draft him before the 5th round. Manning, Brees, Ryan, romo are all interchangeable with 4000 yds and 30 td seasons

The ones that have the best upside are Wilson, Newton, big ben and manning. I would have these 4 ranked after the top 2.