Rogers, Luck \
\
\
\
\
\
V

Now what?

Manning, Brees and Brady all have fallen out of the top tier. If we're talking top 5 QBs at the end of the season, who is gonna be the other three?

Could be one or more of the above 3. Hard to count out Manning and Brees but if we are to believe the rumor that their respective offenses are putting them in wheelchairs then they become pretty common.

I'm seeing Wilson as the first off the board after the top 2 but I'm not buying it. What passing records has HE broken?

Roethlisberger is soon after Wilson with only Manning in between and Brees after. Is THAT tier 2?

All are in run first or balanced offenses (again, rumor so far).

Eli, Cam, Matt Ryan, Tannehill, Rivers, Romo and Brady represent the "I'm not taking a QB early" crowd, being had some 4 rounds later than Wilson. Somehow these guys don't seem much worse than the earlier picks.

That's your starting QBs in a 12 team league. (actually 13 but Brady misses 1/4 of the season)

I'm not impressed. Surely there has to be some cream that will rise to the top out there.

I think most of us will let the other guy spend a 1st rounder on Rogers and Luck and don't think ANY of us will burn a 4th on Wilson or Big Ben.

Where are you drafting a QB.....when....who....and who are taking a flier on late?

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Romo gets no love, and will be back to passing crazy again with change over in running game. Great later round pick up, that is solid. Cam scares me, he keeps putting himself in harms way. Eli is hot and cold, and not sure which season this will be.

I think you can still count on Brees and Peyton to be solid. Not first round QB drafting but 3rd round sure. If you go Qb that early. Brady will depend solely on how long suspension stands for.

ExperiencedRookie

There's a few guys wadding around in the shallow end that are probably worth a look.

Kaepernick is going super cheap and has some of the best available offensive weapons of those low end QBs.

I think Winston could actually have a decent rookie season. Risky, but the pick wont cost you much.

Tannehill and Bridgewater are going low enough to take a shot on them too.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
For Wilson to land in the top 5 at year end he's going to have to duplicate most of what he did with his feet last year. Yeah Graham will help him but the dude won't rush anywhere near what he went for last year.

cctekguy

Staff member
I don't see Brees @ 3rd as any better than Romo, Ryan or Rivers @ 6 or 7when you consider what other talent is available @ 3rd.

I'm really leaning towards a "who's left" approach @ QB.

ExperiencedRookie

For Wilson to land in the top 5 at year end he's going to have to duplicate most of what he did with his feet last year. Yeah Graham will help him but the dude won't rush anywhere near what he went for last year.
I really don't understand why anyone wants to take Russell in the 3rd or 4th round. No more of a sure bet to finish in the top 5 than a whole bunch of guys drafted after him.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
actually, with the bell suspension, Big Ben may be a great late buy

MongerKhan

TXL: Pimp Hand Strong
Staff member
I'd take Brady this year. He's going to come back angry and destroy everything in his path to winning the SB this year just to flip everyone the bird.