FA Signings

Fire

in the hole
In case anyone cares

The Detroit Lions sign WR Bryant Johnson to a 3-year, $9M deal.

SportingNews.com - ProFootballTalk

In addition to this, Detroit has also signed RB Maurice Morris and CB Eric King.
SportingNews.com - Your expert source for NFL Football stats, scores, standings, blogs and fantasy news from NFL Football columnists

And also signed DT Grady Jackson, pending the passing of his physical.
ProFootballTalk.com - LIONS TO GET GRADY JACKSON

Not easy to get free agents to sign on the dotted line after an 0-16 season, especially without overpaying them. I think the new regime has done a decent job of getting fair talent at a fair price under these conditions so far.:koolaid:

Last edited by a moderator:

Runnik's Hambones

You're right, FM. I would even say that Detroit had one of the best FA periods of all the teams this offseason. Kind of under the radar, but good movement to build upon this team.

With 2 1st rounders this year as well, it will be very interesting to follow their roster into the summer.

Coachnorm

Alex Marvez, of FOXSports.com, reports the Denver Broncos are close to signing unrestricted free-agent QB Chris Simms (Titans), according to a source.

Broncos new starting QB????

Coachnorm

Ryan just texted me: Bucs sign kicker Mike Nuget.

I didn't even know we needed a kicker?

Feely and the Jets have agreed to a one-year contract, the Associated Press reports. Analysis: Feely, who took over for the injured Mike Nugent last season, connected on 24-of-28 attempts last year. He also showed nice range by hitting both his attempts from 50 yards or longer.

Doing the Kicker Shuffle...Doing the Kicker Shuffle!!! :banana:

Coachnorm

Arrington signed a four-year, $10 million contract with the Broncos on Wednesday, the Denver Post reports.

Coachnorm

Brian Allee-Walsh, of the New Orleans Times-Picayune, reports the New Orleans Saints have re-signed unrestricted free-agent WR Devery Henderson to a four-year deal