FA Signings

Orgazmo

IT'S GARBAGE DAY
Broncos DL Kenny Peterson, who re-signed with the team Wednesday, was a high school teammate of coach Josh McDaniels.

Gee thanks, Doogie. The Lombardi is practically in our pocket. :rolleyes:

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Profootballtalk.com is reporting that Tra Thomas OT has signed with Jacksonville.

Coachnorm

After pursuing him for the first two weeks of free agency, the St. Louis Rams have reached a four-year agreement with strong safety James Butler, who playran.ed the first four seasons of his career with the New York Giants before becoming an unrestricted veteran

bobbeaux

March 20, 2009, 15:25
Eagles :: RB

FB Weaver Signs One-Year Deal With Eagles

John Clayton, ESPN.com - [Full Article]

Fullback Leonard Weaver has accepted a one-year deal with the Philadelphia Eagles. The contract is a one-year deal that will pay him $1.75 million, but also has incentives that could take the deal to $2.5 million. Weaver had been talking to the Vikings, Buccaneers, Seahawks and other teams, but he was hoping for the right deal from the Eagles.

this changes things a bit . . . the eagles don't necessarily need to spend a 1st rnd pic on a rb . . . weaver is a great fb with great hands . . . he's gettin up there, but he's good for this year for sure . . . ;)

Arctic Dawgs

March 20, 2009, 15:25
Eagles :: RB

FB Weaver Signs One-Year Deal With Eagles

John Clayton, ESPN.com - [Full Article]

Fullback Leonard Weaver has accepted a one-year deal with the Philadelphia Eagles. The contract is a one-year deal that will pay him $1.75 million, but also has incentives that could take the deal to $2.5 million. Weaver had been talking to the Vikings, Buccaneers, Seahawks and other teams, but he was hoping for the right deal from the Eagles.

this changes things a bit . . . the eagles don't necessarily need to spend a 1st rnd pic on a rb . . . weaver is a great fb with great hands . . . he's gettin up there, but he's good for this year for sure . . . ;)

getting up there ?? He has only been 4 years in the NFL. The feeling in the Seattle area is that he is an adequate blocker/runner with pretty good/great recieving skills that was misused by the Seahawks. Most of us
Seahawk fans were hoping that he would have resigned with Seattle to be used in short yardage as the ball carrier with Schmitt blocking for him on the 3rd and shorts which would have meant no spot for Duckett. On 1st and secound downs he looks like a natural H-Back type (sort of a combo Fullback/TE). If Philly is planning on using him as a traditional Mack Strong/J.L.Williams type fullback I think he will be a disappointment. A creative coordinator should be able to have a lot of fun with him on the field though. How do you think the are planning on using him ??

bobbeaux

getting up there ?? He has only been 4 years in the NFL. The feeling in the Seattle area is that he is an adequate blocker/runner with pretty good/great recieving skills that was misused by the Seahawks. Most of us
Seahawk fans were hoping that he would have resigned with Seattle to be used in short yardage as the ball carrier with Schmitt blocking for him on the 3rd and shorts which would have meant no spot for Duckett. On 1st and secound downs he looks like a natural H-Back type (sort of a combo Fullback/TE). If Philly is planning on using him as a traditional Mack Strong/J.L.Williams type fullback I think he will be a disappointment. A creative coordinator should be able to have a lot of fun with him on the field though. How do you think the are planning on using him ??

my bad, i thought he was older . . . lol . . . but i would think they would use him in short yardage and on the field at the same time as westbrook as another pass catcher on screens and dump offs . . . ;)

Coachnorm

my bad, i thought he was older . . . lol . . . but i would think they would use him in short yardage and on the field at the same time as westbrook as another pass catcher on screens and dump offs . . . ;)

Interesting, The thought of McNabb with RB dump off options in two different sides of the field at the same time is well, scary. :)

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Weaver is the receiving FB this offense has missed for years. He is a good blocker that also will help Westbrook. I love this pick up for the Eagles.

Look for more dump passes to the FB, to open the offense up more...and take some load off of Westbrook.

Arctic Dawgs

Weaver is the receiving FB this offense has missed for years. He is a good blocker that also will help Westbrook. I love this pick up for the Eagles.

Look for more dump passes to the FB, to open the offense up more...and take some load off of Westbrook.

I don't know if I would go as far as good blocker, descent blocker for sure though. What have you guys got left at TE. Like I said earlier he could be as an H-Back ala Cooley some as well