FA Rumors

ExperiencedRookie

Some Titans would like to see Tory Holt added to the WR mix in Nashville.

Rumors suggest that The Browns are ready to deal almost anyone. The potential to get a Braylon Edwards has raised Philly antennas.

Why is Cleveland suddenly getting the itch to trade? I understand that Anderson or Quinn should probably be moved, but why try to move other offensive weapons. They're already down a stud TE, and now they want to move Braylon too? Why?

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Why is Cleveland suddenly getting the itch to trade? I understand that Anderson or Quinn should probably be moved, but why try to move other offensive weapons. They're already down a stud TE, and now they want to move Braylon too? Why?
This is just supposition, but from what I have read basically Mangini and the new GM want a whole new culture. So they want to get rid of anyone with a negative attitude or who are player first instead of team first. One reason Winslow was an early target to move on. Most feel that I have read that Rodgers will be gone in some type of draft day trade or before the season starts as well. They acquired Patten as a Wr, but he is no #1...so if they deal Edwards, which I hear more and more...they will probably go Wr early.

Remote Controller

Tuesday Morning One-Liners

Posted by Josh Alper on March 31, 2009, 9:20 a.m.
Said Bills G.M. Russ Brandon, “We didn’t take the next step last year in terms of wins, but we took steps in other areas that will put us [in position] to hopefully take another step in the win column.”
Omar Kelly of the Sun-Sentinel includes WR Ted Ginn and LB Matt Roth on a list of 10 Dolphins to watch in 2009.
Patriots S James Sanders said negotiating a new contract brought him closer to coach Bill Belichick.
Jets coach Rex Ryan will host the Ravens, his former team, in a preseason Monday night game.
Ohio State RB Beanie Wells is scheduled to visit the Ravens on Tuesday.
Said Bengals QB Carson Palmer, “I feel like I’ve got enough experience under my belt to be that guy and we’ve got a great locker room of guys with different types of leaders. I’ll grab the bull by the horns and run with it.”
Will the Browns take a linebacker with the fifth overall pick?
Ron Cook of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette thinks Dan Rooney’s departure from Steelers day-to-day operations hurts the NFL.
Said Texans defensive coordinator Frank Bush of DT Shaun Cody, “Very intelligent kid and gives you a ton of effort, so he gets production through his effort.”
Colts defensive coordinator Larry Coyer isn’t worried about leading a defensive staff that was in place before his arrival.
Cole Pepper of WOKV tries to suss out what the Jaguars are looking to do in the draft.
Pete Prisco of CBSSports.com thinks the Titans’ biggest draft need areas are wide receiver and linebacker.
Former Broncos WR Rod Smith will be inducted into the Colorado Sports Hall of Fame.
Said Chiefs S Jarrad Page of the team’s new look, “I know it’s changed and I’m looking forward to it, but I can’t tell you we needed this, that we couldn’t win the old way. I can just tell you I like the situation the way it is now and we’re going to make it work.”
David White of the San Francisco Chronicle reports that Raiders owner Al Davis is leaning on his scouting department more than in recent years for help preparing for the draft.
Chargers WR Buster Davis hopes he can stay healthy this season.
Cowboys WR Patrick Crayton says that the team has no more excuses and no more scapegoats if they don’t get the job done.
Wallace Matthews of Newsday doesn’t want “celebrity justice” for Giants WR Plaxico Burress .
Said Eagles CB Sheldon Brown of the new anti-lunging at quarterbacks rule, “Nobody is going to take the time to get up off the ground to hit a quarterback. So you’ll have guys make the play, pay the fines, write it off on their taxes and move on. Whoever made that rule is crazy.”
DE Phillip Daniels expects to officially be back with the Redskins in the next day or two.
The Bears will host Rutgers DE Jamaal Westerman on a pre-draft visit Tuesday.
Peter King of SI.com thinks that the Lions will take Baylor T Jason Smith with the first overall pick.
It seems likely that restricted free agent FB John Kuhn will return to the Packers.
Vikings DE Kenechi Udeze will miss the first day of the team’s offseason program because he’s working out at USC while finishing his degree.
Falcons LB Stephen Nicholas proclaims himself ready to compete for a starting job.
Pat Yasinskas of ESPN.com thinks the Panthers’ attempts to extend QB Jake Delhomme’s contract is motivated by both cap relief and a desire for stability.
Said Saints QB Drew Brees of the offseason conditioning program, “It’s also a time for team-building and getting back together with the guys and getting together with some of the new faces that have joined the team since the start of free agency. That’s the chemistry aspect of the program and it’s an important facet of it.”
Said Buccaneers coach Raheem Morris on why there are so many young coaches, “I blame John Madden. He made that video game and screwed up the young generation. They’ve been building franchises, they’ve been setting up plays, creating plays since we were about 12. So it’s all his fault. He ruined the league for older coaches.”
Cardinals WR Steve Breaston says that offseason workouts are a time when a player can gain the trust of his coaches.
Rams coach Steve Spagnuolo will close all but 20 minutes of the upcoming minicamp to reporters.
Said 49ers T Marvel Smith , “To me, it’s a real young team that’s on the verge of taking off and being one of the better teams in the league, and I want to be part of it.”
Eric Williams of the Tacoma News Tribune thinks the Seahawks need an explosive guy to add to the offensive backfield mix.