End of season moves by NFL teams

Rocket

Rock the Rocket
New GM signed in Green bay - Guntekunst
Bellicheck says he will coach NE next year - big surprise there......
Panthers are now officially up for sale - per Owner being sued and all....

Bengals and Raiders are fighting over Teryl Austin DC of Detroit

Oh and Jay Gruden does not want the team to Tag Cousins again, either sign him long term or go different direction.
Unfortunately Cousins can sign wherever he wants. Redskins mgmt is piece of work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rocket

Rock the Rocket
Sammy Watkins wants to re-sign with the Rams. Rams may think otherwise.

Sammy, you’re 24 years old and came from the Clemson tree. Wake up, my friend. Letting Robert Woods run all over you is not how you gain favors.

efactor

Coming at you
Sammy Watkins wants to re-sign with the Rams. Rams may think otherwise.

Sammy, you’re 24 years old and came from the Clemson tree. Wake up, my friend. Letting Robert Woods run all over you is not how you gain favors.

To be fair, Sammy didn't say he wanted to sign with them, he said he would be "open" to it. It's part of negotiating. If he came out and said he didn't want to be there, it would limit his options.

I just don't see it. He will never be "the man" in that offense regardless of his talent. Kupp is a rookie who Goff has an obvious bond with. Woods is signed for 4 more years and Gurley is a huge part of the passing game.

Would love to see him in SF on a one year prove it contract similar to Jeffrey last year. Watkins, Garcon and Goodwin would be fun to watch.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Chiefs lose another coach - Lost Nagy to Chicago and Brad Childress is retiring as well.

Phicinfan

Administrator
interesting, Panthers fire OC and Qb coach, but extended HC and are putting team up for sale. Busy off season in Carolina.

efactor

Coming at you
Niners hire Ken Norton Jr as ILB coach AND assistant head coach :cool:

Love the hire as the LB coach. He coached linebackers in Seattle for 5 years and has worked with Robert Salah. Should be a positive influence on Fosters development. Rumor is they may be looking at Raquon Smith with the 9th pick as well. With Gurley and Johnson in the division, they need a LB who can cover. Plus, an ex Niner who has a reputation for toughness doesn't hurt.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Seattle found their scapegoat. They have fired OC Darrell Bevell.

Some players have commented that Bevell was not the issue.

Phicinfan

Administrator
L.A. Chargers was able to retain DC Gus Bradley, many reports had other teams trying to get him. Nice keep by Chargers

Phicinfan

Administrator
Packers set to hire Mike Pettine as DC. He was DC for Jets and Bills in the past, and was HC in Cleveland for a very short time.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Greenbay locks Coordinators - as shared before Pettine is DC - Joe Philban is back to be OC

Carolina has signed Norv Turner as OC

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Titans and coach Mike Mularkey "mutually agreed to part ways."

The news comes from ESPN's Field Yates. It is a stunning development considering the Titans reportedly offered Mularkey an extension following their loss to the Patriots over the weekend. It is possible that extension came with caveats Mularkey would not accept, such as firing an offensive staff which underperformed in 2017. It was also an open secret the front office wanted to go in a different direction even as ownership stood behind the coach, so perhaps the front office finally won out. Whatever the reason, a prime job with a young and promising quarterback has suddenly opened, and that could spell trouble for teams still looking for coaches. That is especially true for the Colts, who could watch their No. 1 candidate, Patriots OC Josh McDaniels, end up with a division rival.
Source: Field Yates on Twitter

efactor

Coming at you
Yeah, Mularky sealed his fate by refusing to get rid of Robiskie.

I hope McDaniels takes the job. That offense has a lot of talent and they need to see if Mariota can be a top half QB. Hasn’t shown it so far and a change in offensive philosophy is definitely needed.

Also, the way he handled the situation with Murray was bad. It was pretty easy to see he wasn’t healthy but he kept rolling him out there to the detriment of the offense. Murray is a tough guy who wanted to play but the coach has to make the tough decisions on what is best for the team.

Sucks about Conklin tearing his ACL

Last edited:

Phicinfan

Administrator
If I were McDaniel, Tenn. looks a whole lot more attractive than Indy. All they have is Luck, Tenn. has solid OL, Rb and seemly good young Wrs. Plus a young Qb to groom.