DFS Talk - Week 4 (Draft Kings, Fan Duel and any others)

ExperiencedRookie

I'm with ya Bodey, Gordon is my pick. Going back to the well with him again this week. He killed me last week, but got to have short memories in this game.
I keep letting little pieces of info scare me off of the guys who I love.

Gordon is one of those. I look at the matchup on paper, and it looks super juicy. Cleveland has been pretty terrible against the run, but SD has an entirely new left side of their offensive line this weekend.

You're totally right about having a short memory. This game is dominated by a bias of the most recent events. People chase points and then completely avoid guys who haven't done much yet.

ExperiencedRookie

Good stats....got me digging. If the raw numbers look as good as above....yet they rank so low in FPPG....what gives? I found it, they are giving up an avg of 9 rec and 86 yds through the air to RB's this year! That is crazy. Karlos is not known for receiving, but with McCoy is out, he'll likely be a little more involved in the passing game. His value could hinge on if he picks up a few receptions....they are sitting there for someone to pick up.
There's where those points are coming from! NYG linebackers must have some trouble picking up RBs in the passing game.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
There's where those points are coming from! NYG linebackers must have some trouble picking up RBs in the passing game.
This is something is stash away in the meory bank for a later date as well. If they face a very good receiving back, they could be a very good play if this trend continues.

maverick824

Rollling this cash gamer, will highlight some tourney plays shortly!

Rodgers
L. Murray
F. Gore
R. Cobb
A. Cooper
P. Harvin
G. Olsen
M. Jones
Carolina

I think the Rodgers-Cobb stack is as high a floor you can grab this week, especially with SF. Murray will shred again this week, as will most of Oakland, and I think Gore could be a nice play with Luck out, Indy will be looking to protect Hasselbeck some. Cooper and Harvin will both be seeing quite a bit of volume in their passing games today.

freyguy

Pick to Click
It can't be just me. But does anyone else play their really good lineup in a 50 50 game and their crap lineup in a cash game??

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Big time. In the large fields I entered that started on Thursday, Karlos had a 30% ownership rate. Do with it what you will with that info.

I have him in a lot of lineups, mostly cause you just don't get 3 down RBs playing at home for that price.

That being said, now that I've seen the ownership rate, I won't put him in anymore lineups. You also have to keep in mind that the NYG actually have the #1 ranked rushing defense in the league at the moment.
Fade looks to be the right call on this one... At around 50% owned you have a nice start if you didn't play him. Still can have a nice week with him due to price, but he definitely didn't take advantage today.

I took him out of Just a couple in favor of Rawls on DK.... But not near enough, lol.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Fade looks to be the right call on this one... At around 50% owned you have a nice start if you didn't play him. Still can have a nice week with him due to price, but he definitely didn't take advantage today.

I took him out of Just a couple in favor of Rawls on DK.... But not near enough, lol.
Sweet! I jinxed myself right into a Taylor to Karlos TD rec.... Notice how the pts were scored... Through the Air....i am going to be sure to keep receiving RB's against the giants in mind moving forward.

freyguy

Pick to Click
"$1.5M Play Action" is the non 50 50 where my bad line up is. $3 buy in.

I'm in top 20 in both my 50 50 lineups out of 84,000 entries. $5 buy in on both.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
"$1.5M Play Action" is the non 50 50 where my bad line up is. $3 buy in.

I'm in top 20 in both my 50 50 lineups out of 84,000 entries. $5 buy in on both.
Yeah, been there...can do a couple things to protect yourself from that sinking feeling... Toss your cash lineups in a GPP as well. Other option is do what is did... Stop playing cash and Just play a bunch of tment lineups.

bodey24

Staff member
So much for short memory... I think Gordon is dead to me. ..
I agree. I'm starting to think he's just not that good. He's had a couple of good matchup and hasn't taken advantage of them. Woodhead is the only rb i'm taking from SD unless Gordon's price drops.

hikeNbike

Just cashed out of nowhere in a 50 50 league thanks to starting Spiller at my flex. Jumped 25 spots on one td. I think I was the only one out of 57 participants stupid enough to start him. Lol[emoji1]

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

hikeNbike

I agree. I'm starting to think he's just not that good. He's had a couple of good matchup and hasn't taken advantage of them. Woodhead is the only rb i'm taking from SD unless Gordon's price drops.
I'm not taking him in daily anymore he is burning me right and left. Also not starting him in my one league that I have him.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk