FA Signing: DeSean: Staying or Going

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
if he wants 9-10 million for salary this year(as reported he wants....), he won't be signed by Washington. They are majorly cap strapped.

MongerKhan

TXL: Pimp Hand Strong
Staff member
Redskins and DeSean Jackson still haven’t discussed contract. Team to watch: SF. 49ers have "real but guarded” interest in DJax, per source-Schefty

Phicinfan

Administrator
Redskins and DeSean Jackson still haven’t discussed contract. Team to watch: SF. 49ers have "real but guarded” interest in DJax, per source-Schefty
Yah rumor now is the two "unknown" teams are San Fran and Cleveland. Actually Cleveland is somewhat interesting.

MongerKhan

TXL: Pimp Hand Strong
Staff member
Agent Joel Segal and members of the #Redskins brass are sitting down now to begin negotiations over DeSean Jackson.

20 mins ago via twitter

efactor

Coming at you
He would be a perfect fit, but since they aren't a pass happy team and have Crabtree, Boldin and Davis, Jackson wouldn't put up the big numbers he would other places, so I don't think he will roll with that. He want's the spotlight for future contracts. Can't really blame him I guess.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Okay so how does this work out for fantasy owners of Jackson?
Well, when you look at the whole picture:
Rb - A.Morris - solid
Wr - P.Garcon, D.Jackson and now A.Roberts as well - this is really a pretty solid group if Garcon can stay healthy
Qb - RGIII = see Garcon

New HC - Gruden - who is a solid OC mind who loves to throw.

I would say things look very good for D.J. He is far and away the game breaker they needed, and I think he helps Garcon tremendously

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Great move for the skins and DJax gets to go against the Iggles twice. I don't think he quite gets to his last yr numbers, but if everyone stays healthy he could get close.

That is the kicker to me....Can RGIII, Garcon, DJax and Reed all stay healthy and on the field for us to really see this machine run?

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Yeah I think Jackson's numbers drop a bit from last year and Garcon's even more so. Reed is the hands down big winner with RGIII not far behind. Reed is going to have a field day with lots of room in the middle to operate. Two WR's and either or both of them able to take the top slam off of a defense. This should be fun to watch.