FA Signing: DeSean: Staying or Going

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Nope but the 9ers would have been nice. I could live with the Pats as well. His contract is to big so he'll stay in Philly.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Nope but the 9ers would have been nice. I could live with the Pats as well. His contract is to big so he'll stay in Philly.
I disagree, I think there is too much smoke and it suddenly makes sense why they moved quickly to tie up Cooper and Maclin(and wanted Maclin to sign long term). I am thinking DJ may be gone in Philly, maybe a draft day trade. Wr talent in this draft is very deep early. Philly addressed the S issues in FA, so this could happen.

efactor

Coming at you
I disagree, I think there is too much smoke and it suddenly makes sense why they moved quickly to tie up Cooper and Maclin(and wanted Maclin to sign long term). I am thinking DJ may be gone in Philly, maybe a draft day trade. Wr talent in this draft is very deep early. Philly addressed the S issues in FA, so this could happen.

I would love to see him if SF as he would give them the explosive playmaker they need and I don't think he would be a locker room issue as they have some strong personalities to keep him in line. Just too much money for a non elite WR.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Desean Jackson going somewhere?

I think rotoworld summed up my feelings pretty well when they said this..

" Kelly loves playmakers, the Eagles have plenty of cap room and Cooper/Maclin would be a well below average starting duo. We'd be surprised if a trade went down."

Phicinfan

Administrator
I think rotoworld summed up my feelings pretty well when they said this..

" Kelly loves playmakers, the Eagles have plenty of cap room and Cooper/Maclin would be a well below average starting duo. We'd be surprised if a trade went down."
yeah there is that, but Kelly isn't the owner or GM, and by some reports Jackson is beating the drum again for more money. I think he is really stretching his welcome. I hope you are right, as I would love to see him stay.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Me too PhiCin but if they're really looking to deal him they'll likely never have a better season to deal him off from.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
From rotoworld...

"
One person close to DeSean Jackson told the Allentown Morning Call that there's "no way" Jackson will return to the Eagles in 2014.

There have been so many conflicting reports on the Eagles' feelings about D-Jax that it's hard to know what to believe. "There is no way he's an Eagle this year," the person close to Jackson said. "However it leaked out, it leaked out, and now this is what you have." Eagles beat writer Nick Fierro predicts "Jackson is out of here for sure, and long before the NFL draft too." Appearing on Sirius XM Radio Thursday morning, ESPN's Sal Paolantonio told host Ross Tucker that "DeSean Jackson's act is wearing thin with Chip Kelly."

Phicinfan

Administrator
Yeah, they had a follow up at ESPN, where they refute the roto report that says Kelly told him he was safe. By report of TWO local reporters, Kelly has not spoken to Jackson and has told him he is too busy in FA talks and planning for the draft to talk to him.

I hate to say it, but I think he is gone, Kelly by all reports is a task master and won't take crap if he doesn't have to.

My question is, do they try to trade up, and snag one of the top Wrs in this draft, suing Jackson or whatever picks they get for Jackson?

Also, this is a two fold thing, ONE they are tired of his excessive whining about money, two they want more cap space to extend some players like Foles next year.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Lord...please let him go to a team with a good qb..
Rumor mill has San Fran and N.E. talking to the Eagles. I would love to see a deal with the Raiders to get a top pick, but even Oakland isn't that stupid.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Oh no, this news is almost as scary as the Raiders...

"NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reports the Jets have "inquired" on DeSean Jackson."

I think I may be sick now. :(

Phicinfan

Administrator
Actually, with Morningweg there as OC, and potentially Vick being there as well, not sure D.J. isn't a bad idea, he and Decker could be a great combo in that offense.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Maybe y'all are right. Let them get off to a hot start together and then trade Jackson by week three before Vick gets injured.

Phicinfan

Administrator
finally hearing some teams that make sense, Carolina is now supposedly showing interest as well. THAT would be a great fit.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Well, Jets have signed Vick, released Sanchez, have Morningweg as OC, deal for DeSean next???