Adrian Peterson
Jamaal Charles
Reggie Wayne
DeSean Jackson
Harry Douglas
Jordan Cameron
Randy Bullock
Carolina Panthers

The only thing that nags at me a little is that if I'm betting against Fitz being a factor, then I dunno if I should bank on Palmer, especially with Housler on the injury report as well--but he does have two other good weapons in Floyd and Roberts.

I could swap Palmer out for Pryor for $400 less, and if I do that, I can "upgrade" the defense to Houston hosting Tennessee ($0 left over) or the Chiefs hosting Dallas ($100 to spare)--if either one of those are even an upgrade over Carolina--although the Panthers are on the road against the Bills.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
i love your backs in that line up. Douglas seems like a boom or bust pick to me. No doubt White will play imo, just a matter of how effective. i could see Douglas putting up 20 as easily as i could see him scoring 4.

Fitz does not scare me much, hell be in there is my guess and he will do well Palmer should be fine.

not sure KC is an upgrade at all over Car. Houston would be. What about Cincy? Pitt is pretty gutted on offense and without their center, not sure they have anyone to stop big Geno up the middle.

As far as Wayne, just not aa excited about him as you. Not that i think he is a bad play, but just dont see a huge game. he is a safe pick, but still like Calcin and decker over wayne and an upgrade.

Escrow

I am guessing draft street is the same thing...weekly league

This is my team for Salary Cap, 100K

QB
Vick
Henne
RB
Forte
Sproles
WR
Julio Jones
Dez Bryant
TE
Greg Olsen
Flex
James Jones
Cecil Shorts
Redskins D

5 Team Snake Draft, PPR, 2 Reserve Spots...I had first Pick

QB
Ryan, RGIII

RB
AP, Forte

WR
Megatron, Brandon Marshall

TE
Witten

Flex
Dez, Sproles

D
Bears

Reserve
Fitz, Austin

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
OK, I pulled Palmer with Fitz being so in the air. Just not worth the risk.....so, I went to Pryor which freed up some $$ and led to some other changes:

Pryor (-$400 from Palmer)
Jackson
Murray (+$700 from Lacy)
C Johnson
Decker
D Jackson
Cameron
Bullock (-$400 from Hartley)
Bears D (+$100 from Bengals)

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
All right, so I played with the Harry Douglas idea and tooled it out to this:

Carson Palmer
Adrian Peterson
Jamaal Charles
Reggie Wayne
DeSean Jackson
Harry Douglas
Jordan Cameron
Randy Bullock
Carolina Panthers

The only thing that nags at me a little is that if I'm betting against Fitz being a factor, then I dunno if I should bank on Palmer, especially with Housler on the injury report as well--but he does have two other good weapons in Floyd and Roberts.

I could swap Palmer out for Pryor for $400 less, and if I do that, I can "upgrade" the defense to Houston hosting Tennessee ($0 left over) or the Chiefs hosting Dallas ($100 to spare)--if either one of those are even an upgrade over Carolina--although the Panthers are on the road against the Bills.
With the updates out of Arizona, I don't think it's worth the risk on Fitz or Palmer. Both WR's are playing in Atlanta as well, so Douglas is a big risk, but high ceiling guy.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Yeah, not feeling Stills.....you may be right, but banking on one 60 yd bomb seems like more of a risk than I am willing to take in this type of set up. Roberts could be a great play if Fitz is used in a decoy type roll. I agree, I would go with him over Douglas.

A

Axe Elf

Final Answer:

Terrelle Pryor
Adrian Peterson
Jamaal Charles
Reggie Wayne
DeSean Jackson
Harry Douglas
Jordan Cameron
Randy Bullock
Houston Texans

Ten 10-man $5 leagues and one 5-man $5 league (wasn't sure another 10-man league would fill).

A

Axe Elf

Oh yeah, I also entered one of their $2000 freerolls...
  • NFL Fumble #1 - Free entry, $2,000 in prizes - Join Here
  • NFL Fumble #2 - Free entry, $2,000 in prizes - Join Here
  • NFL Fumble #3 - Free entry, $2,000 in prizes - Join Here
  • NFL Fumble #4 - Free entry, $2,000 in prizes - Join Here
  • NFL Fumble #5 - Free entry, $2,000 in prizes - Join Here
You can only join one.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
How many places do the 10 man leagues pay Axe? Is it winner take all? The 5 man, same thing?

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
I am in a $5 50/50 that started Thurs....doubt I do a Thursday start again.

Today's:
$5 Triple Up - 201 entries, top 60 triple money
$5 heads Up
$2 T'ment - 1,116 entries, top 120 money
Fumble Freeroll #4
Weekly Deposit Freeroll

A

Axe Elf

5 man leagues are winner take all: $22.50 to the winner. You have a 20% chance of making money.
10 man leagues pay the top 3: $22.50, $13.00, $9.00. You have a 30% chance of making money--but you might not make as much.

I'm in #3 in the freerolls.

Thursday games can be good, in that a lot of players will stack up on guys in Thursday games just to give themselves something to root for--but then unless they have a game like the Broncos did in Week 1, they have to sit and watch helplessly as your weekend players overtake them.

I avoided Thursday games this week just because Julian Edelman was such a wild card--he could have had three catches for 50 yards or 12 catches for 180 yards and 3 TDs. You couldn't afford to start him, but you couldn't afford not to start him, so I just avoided the whole situation.

By the way, I just saw that there are storms forecast for the Chicago game, so I swapped out the Houston D with the Chicago D in all my leagues--same price, hopefully more turnovers.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Well sjax gets me a td, then leaves the game....ouch.

At least I dodged the lacy concussion.....

Last edited: