daily leagues on Fan duel

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
So who all plays on Fan duel?

Thought maybe a thread on the weeks action would be fun.

What value do you like this week?

At qb, I am learning towards Palmer, good shot at a 300 yard game at a decent price.

RB, love lacy and in the air on my RB 1. Like Bush and his match up, I just think he will get off to one of those crazy starts to the year.....but still thinking.

Wr, call me crazy, but I don't think anyone in Denver could go off any week.....so with Decker quiet last week, I like the value on Decker in this one. Also like the sleeper value on Andre Roberts and the double up potential with Palmer.to man my to spot, going with Calvin.

Like Cameron again at te.

Pittsburgh's line is a mess and the have no real weapons to scare you, I love Cincinnati for d this week.

Hartley could get nice pts at kicker, had a little extra so went for him.

A

Axe Elf

I thought you were gonna start an Outlaw league on FanDuel?

If so, I'm not tellin' y'all my lineup.

:p

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
ER mentioned it, but I think I'm just going to stick to discussing it........figure we can all take others money

A

Axe Elf

Oh, well in that case, I'm rolling with...

QB: Terrelle Pryor $6,500
RB: Steven Jackson $8,500
RB: DeMarco Murray $7,600
WR: Larry Fitzgerald $8,200
WR: Reggie Wayne $7,000
WR: DeSean Jackson $5,700
TE: Cook/Cameron/Thomas $6,300
K: Randy Bullock $5,100
D: Carolina Panthers $5,100
TOTAL SALARY: $60,000

Terrelle Pryor in the Raiders' home opener should be able to do some damage on the ground--and he's really cheap.

Steven Jackson at home against his old Rams teammates--extra motivation--plus Roddy White is limited, so maybe a few more dumpoff passes.

DeMarco Murray takes up the slack for Romo's bruised ribs and Dez' hurt foot (plus he was the last guy I plugged into the lineup, and the price was right).

Larry Fitzgerald in his home opener against the defense that allowed 140 receiving yards to Jerome Simpson.

Reggie Wayne is Luck's security blanket.

DeSean Jackson is the Eagles' only credible receiving threat in another home opener for this fast-paced offense (also returns kicks).

I haven't quite decided on a TE yet, but Jared Cook, Jordan Cameron and Julius Thomas all have the same salary, so I'm pretty sure I'll be starting someone whose name begins with a "J". If I had to choose right now, it would probly be Jordan Cameron--but then Cook seems like the only option in the Rams' passing game at the moment, too. Thomas is just one of the many in Denver; Cameron and Cook seem more integral to their respective teams' game plans.

It's the home dome opener for the only team that has been in the top 5 in attempted kicker points the last two years running--and that bodes well for Randy Bullock.

The Panthers are on the road--but it's the Bills. They should be able to pressure the rookie QB into mistakes, and hold the score down as well.

ExperiencedRookie

So sorry I didn't get this popping early this week. Things got busy and I just never got around to it. That's my bad.

I think you might have a point there though. Its almost more fun to be able to discuss it here than it would be to bloody each other up in a league.

ExperiencedRookie

Bargain basement/good value players you can find if you want to go REAL cheap on 1 position and see what you can get out of them.

Chad Henne $5000
Eddie Lacy $6900
DeAngelo Williams $6500
Daryl Richardson $6400
Joique Bell $5700
DeSean Jackson $5700
Golden Tate $5100
Kenny Stills $4800
Harry Douglas $4800
Martellus Bennett $5700
Antonio Gates $5400
Brent Celek $4500
Janikowski $5000
Dan Bailey $5000
Alex Henery $5000
Oakland $5200
Carolina $5100
Eagles $5100

ExperiencedRookie

For a Sunday only league I settled on:
Michael Vick
LeSean McCoy
Eddie Lacy
Calvin Johnson
DeSean Jackson
Kenny Stills
Tony Gonzalez
Dan Bailey
Philly D

As you can probably tell, Im all in on Philly this weekend. Every one of the options is undervalued in my opinion

A

Axe Elf

Stacking one team like that kind of lowers the ceiling for your team's scoring, but hey, it's your money (for now).

ExperiencedRookie

Stacking one team like that kind of lowers the ceiling for your team's scoring, but hey, it's your money (for now).

Yeah, you're right. That's a pretty good point. It probably only works in cases where that offense goes off, cause Fan Duel is very much a "how high is the ceiling?" game.

I think it would have served pretty well in week 1 for anyone going:
Peyton, DeMaryius, Juius Thomas..or Vick, LeSean, DeSean or Kaepernick, Boldin, Vernon or Eli, Cruz, Myers, and then maybe to a lesser extent Romo, Witten, DeMarco

It's probably a safer proposition that if you're going to pair players up, only pair QBs with TEs or WRs, and keep that max to 2 players.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
i missed djax being so cheap......great catch.

in the air on bush and sjax....sell me axe

do you like Pryor over Palmer

QB's in general, do u prefer to stay cheap?

ExperiencedRookie

I think Pryor is definitely a clear better value, and has the capacity and matchup to score on par with Palmer. That being said, his floor is much lower in my opinion too.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
you think the $400 difference makes that much of a difference for the increased risk?

A

Axe Elf

in the air on bush and sjax....sell me axe

Bush is kinda dinged up--his injury report changed from "groin/finger" to "groin/knee" so now that's three issues in one week for an already injury-prone back. With Joique Bell performing so well, they don't really have any reason to push Bush; he could be spelled a lot and might even miss the second half if Detroit has a lead. Bush is on the road and Jackson is at home against his old team, and Roddy White is limited, so Jackson could see more dumpoff action.

do you like Pryor over Palmer

Pryor could be one of the higher-scoring QBs this week if he can just run for 70 yards and a score in his home opener against Jacksonville. With his usual 200/1 passing, that's 25 points. Palmer has a nice matchup for his home opener too, and I could see him posting 300/3, which is more like 30 points, but if he fumbles or INTs due to pressure from the Lions' D-line, then he comes back to Pryor a little. I like Pryor for the price, but like the Rook said, if you can build a team you like with Palmer, he's not a bad choice either.

QB's in general, do u prefer to stay cheap?

At every position, you try to find the best intersection between decreasing price and increasing production. You typically have to find one or two real value plays each week--so far, DeSean Jackson has been one of those guys, and Pryor and Palmer are a couple at QB this week. Of course there's never any real reason to go more than $100-$200 over base salary on Ks or Ds, since they are so interchangeable. Just try to get a kicker at home in good weather or a dome--and if the Vegas line has a high O/U, that's usually a good sign for Ks too (it means they should have lots of opportunities to score). Get a D with a good secondary, preferably one facing a struggling QB, and you increase your chances for a pick-6, like the Chiefs last week against Jacksonville. TE is another position you can usually save a little money and not lose much production--$1500 drop this week from Jimmy Graham to Cook/Cameron/Thomas.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
good discussion, thanks for sharing what works.

right now i am at:
Palmer
S Jackson
Lacy
C Johnson
Decker - any thoughts on his value at 6k?
D Jackson
Cameron - may go cook, but leaning this way
Hartley
Bengals
May look if i can cut back on k and d what i can upgrade to....

ExperiencedRookie

I like that team! I'm not nuts about Decker. As easy as I can see him picking it up this week, I could also envision another game where he gets left out in the cold. Low floor player

A

Axe Elf

It's not bad, but with Vick on IR and Bradshaw not really ready yet, I think you gotta have Reggie Wayne in a PPR lineup. Get Calvin outta there, Reggie in, and see how much you can upgrade Decker with the money you save.

A

Axe Elf

Coach Arians and Fitz and general observers all believe Fitz will play, but a hammy is a tricky thing. He might be limited, or he might tweak it in the second series and sit out the rest of the game.

I'm about to come off of Fitz and thinking of putting in Harry Douglas--with both Roddy and Julio listed as Questionable on the Falcons' injury report. That would give me a boatload of cash to spend too--maybe even upgrade DeMarco Murray to Adrian Peterson.