Congratulations Broncos

jjtweeks

Great game. The Broncos sure earned that one. Great season regardless of what happens.
Way to play hard Steelers. Could have went either way.

xqj47alpha

Banned
a bigger playoff upset in football doesn't come to mind.
other than Team USA over the Russians at Lake Placid
to find a more surprising upset
you'd have to go back to when David Slayed Goliath.

Remote Controller

a bigger playoff upset in football doesn't come to mind.
other than Team USA over the Russians at Lake Placid
to find a more surprising upset
you'd have to go back to when David Slayed Goliath.
I'd put the Seahawk win last year as a much bigger upset! This was huge though, and the pundits are either still in denile or trying to figure out how to waffle or back track.

xqj47alpha

Banned
I'd put the Seahawk win last year as a much bigger upset! This was huge though, and the pundits are either still in denile or trying to figure out how to waffle or back track.
i don't think a loss in Seattle is ever all that surprising, but maybe that's because I'm from the west coast.

Remote Controller

You are right about how different the seahawks are at home, but they were 7-9 and they beat the Super Bowl Champs. just sayin!

gruntbusters

hehehe...heheheh..hehe...
If I hear that Teblow threw an 80 yard TD pass to win the game one more time I'm going to puke. No, he got lucky and connected on like a 20 yard pass to Thomas who happened to run it all the way for that TD.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Aren't all 80 yard TD passes made in a simular fashion? I never recall seeing a ball travel 80 yards from the line of scrimage and be completed for a score and I'm sure it's never happened before. If ever there's been an 80 yard TD in the history of the NFL then this was also one.:grin:

Last edited by a moderator:

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
What was Tebow's average yards per completion in this game fellas? Wasn't it something like a quarter mile per?

gruntbusters

hehehe...heheheh..hehe...
All 80 yard TD passes are made just that way Grunt. I never recall seeing a ball travel 80 yards from the line of scrimage and be completed for a score and I'm sure it's never happened before. If ever there's been an 80 yard TD in the history of the NFL then this was also one.:grin:

I'm just sick hearing that Tebow won the game...no, no he did not. Okay, so maybe he had a hand in it when he rolls out somewhat looking to throw and oh looky there...a 20 yard gap in coverage for him to run in. 1st down Broncos. *sigh*

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
I feel your pain Grunt, I don't share in it but I feel it non-the-less. I'll be the first to admit that his eye popping yards per completion were a surprise to me. Now as RC would say, I hope he does it again this week. But I will not be betting on it to happen.

Remote Controller

I'm just sick hearing that Tebow won the game...no, no he did not. Okay, so maybe he had a hand in it when he rolls out somewhat looking to throw and oh looky there...a 20 yard gap in coverage for him to run in. 1st down Broncos. *sigh*
That was the perfect plan and Troy bit. Ryan Clark's replacement also over committed to the run, and Tebow beat them. Thomas didn't throw the pass! Many still don't accept Eli's throw in the Superbowll that dude stuck to his helmet. It was one hell of a catch.....best ever....but what Eli did to get it off and to the point where dude could catch it was also a story.

Taylor wasn't the only guy getting beat in this game. Troy was abused by the threat of the run by Tebow.

jjtweeks

Oh yea RC. Wait till Tebow plays a real defense. :wtf: One that isn't ranked #1:yellowlaugh:
The wheels are still on baby, keep riding

Coachnorm

Would have thought the Steelers would have played Defense like the Chiefs did. Covering the Wrs tight and man to man. They went instead with the leave a big hole in the middle of the D, because Tebow can't throw it there. :)