Votes: 17 50.0%
  • Maurice Jones-Drew, RB, Jacksonville

Votes: 17 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
nothing has changed there. They never had a qb or receivers and always had the same coach.
Correct, and eventually they will focus on just shutting down MJD, which they did in some games...and his value will drop like a rock.

brtdud7

bumping because i just made a trade in my 1st year keeper and have to choose between ray rice or MJD

who you guys think has better career upside?

MJD gets more work but defenses will focus on him, while rice has a better team so defenses have to account for them but he also will get less work

storminn0rm

Brewmaster
bumping because i just made a trade in my 1st year keeper and have to choose between ray rice or MJD

who you guys think has better career upside?

MJD gets more work but defenses will focus on him, while rice has a better team so defenses have to account for them but he also will get less work

scoring?

Remote Controller

I was forced to chose between Chris Johnson and Rice in a mock from pick #3. AP went first, the MJD. I had to go with rice as Johnson amassed 100 more carries last year, and the titans seems to be a team in flux, while the ravens seem to be heading upwardly offensively.

Deacon

Bacon=greatest of all!
I have to vote MJD also. And I am suprised that no one is bringing up the fact that Rice has a very substantial goal line vulture (Magahee) to contend with. That is the main reason why I would go with MJD.

Rice had 7 rushing TD in '09 and 3 of those came from runs over 20+ yds. (22,33,59) One came from a 13 yd run.
Only 3 of his rush TDs were from acutal goal line carries.

The Ravens had 22 rushing TDs last year and if Rice only scored 3 TDs in goal line situations then I just think you have to rely way too much on the chance of him scoring TDs from long runs.

Sure his TD numbers should go up but if Magahee and McClain are still around then it will just be a reliance on chance if Rice does not get more goal line opportunities.

ExperiencedRookie

Ok, MJD is the choice then. If it was PPR, Rice is better.

PPR doesn't add that much value to RIce over MJD.

Yeah Rice caught the ball a TON last year, but MJD is no slouch out of the backfield either. It's not very likely that Rice will have 25 more rec. than MJD this year, especially with the addition of Boldin and another year under Flacco's belt. I see less check down passing to the RBs going on in Baltimore.

I have to vote MJD also. And I am suprised that no one is bringing up the fact that Rice has a very substantial goal line vulture (Magahee) to contend with. That is the main reason why I would go with MJD.

Ummm I did. Its the very first post in this thread

Your first instinct is usually correct and my first instinct is to take MJD (in this scoring format.) Last year was his first being THE guy in Jax and he had a great year. He's got a lot of miles left in the tank due to the Taylor years so who's to say last year was his ceiling. A good track record of production is very important to me in FF and MJD has just that.

Ray Rice had a great year last year and the Baltimore offense has taken significant steps forward during the offseason. This is the reason that I give MJD the slight edge in this close call. McGahee is still around, McClain is still around Rice will not be able to put together more receiving yards then he did last year. He doesn't look like a good goaline back so he won't crack double digit TD's

Jacksonville did upgrade their dline?

MJD is their only weapon.

I like Rice having opposing D backed up a bit.

MJD should have some monster games running over AFC West, while Rice gets the Browns twice plus the NFC South...........I still have to go Rice.

joefan71

Pitbulls on Crack
I like both of these guys a lot but since I can only pick one I have to go with MJD. My reasoning - schedule and supporting cast. The Jags only face one tough run defense this season - the Cowboys. With the addition of Anquan Boldin and Mason postponing his retirement Rice probably won't have as many receiving touches this season.

C

conan35

I like both of these guys a lot but since I can only pick one I have to go with MJD. My reasoning - schedule and supporting cast. The Jags only face one tough run defense this season - the Cowboys. With the addition of Anquan Boldin and Mason postponing his retirement Rice probably won't have as many receiving touches this season.

Just what I was thinking ...:pickle: