CJ Spiller

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Number's looked good, but it was a mixed bag. He had some very bad runs and some electric plays as well. Bengals defensive starters played for the most part on both his scores so you have to give him some props. Started off very slow though. But 2 scores and 85 yds, nice start for him.

Kid is a play maker, if the Bills line doesn't get him killed he could be special.

Runnik's Hambones

I think that's CJ's MO. He's a big play maker. That doesn't mean he's a steady gainer every down. A lot like Barry Sanders (Not comparing the 2 players, just how they beat you) in that he would average 2 yards a carry until he busted a 30-40-50-80-90 yarder. That's how CJ scores, always on big plays.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
The speculation that I've read is that assuming he stays healthy he'll be the number 1 back by mid-season. I think that he's well on his way. The injuries gave him the perfect avenue to the top and he's taking full advantage of it.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Well due to injuries, he's the #1 and will likely stay that way for week 1. He will be given his shot, if he doesn't give them a reason to go back to Jackson and Lynch, I don't think they will. But not sure it will be that easy for him. i see a RBBC in Buffalo.

The speculation that I've read is that assuming he stays healthy he'll be the number 1 back by mid-season. I think that he's well on his way. The injuries gave him the perfect avenue to the top and he's taking full advantage of it.

GlennsPatriots

Meatwhistle
Fred Jackson was never a #1 RB and was just keeping the seat warm for one.
Spiller will out-perform Mathews.

You heard it hear first.

Coachnorm

Jackson has shed the cast on his broken hand, according to the Bills' official Twitter page. Analysis: Jackson's status for Week 1 has yet to be determined, but C.J. Spiller has really stepped up in his absence and will be a factor in Week 1 regardless of whether Jackson plays or not.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Fred Jackson was never a #1 RB and was just keeping the seat warm for one.
Spiller will out-perform Mathews.

You heard it hear first.
Baloney.

Jackson WAS going to be the starter, the plan for Spiller all along was as a change of pace, slot receiver type back.

Last report I saw in Buffalo now has Lynch as lead back for main runs, and Spiller in role as I stated. If jackson is healthy, he will take that role.

RLLD

CJ is a big play guy.....not an every down performer.....

I watched him in college and his numbers were inflated, except for one or two games, by big plays. Aside from those big plays he is fun to watch, but something of a pedestrian RB.

The thing is, in leagues where you get bonus points for big plays, he could earn his keep easily....

Remote Controller

Bills | Fred Jackson should play Week 1 Wed Sep 8, 02:31 PM
Buffalo Bills head coach Chan Gailey said RB Fred Jackson (hand) should be able to play in Week 1 even though his hand is still injured, reports Mark Gaughan, of The Buffalo News. 'I think Fred Jackson will be fine for the game. He'll still be hampered a little bit with that hand. But I think they've worked it out and they should be able to pad it well enough that it should not be an issue,' Gailey said.
Our view: Jackson will be playing a complementary role behind rookie (and Bills starter) C.J. Spiller. We'll see how he looks in his first game action since injuring his hand last month.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Jackson is a blue collar warrior and won't need much of a crack in the door to bust on thru, and regain his carries. I still predict Spiller compliments him by week 4.