Chris Johnson and The Titans to meet face to face

Coachnorm

The Tennessee Titans and Running Back Chris Johnson will meet on Wednesday to discuss Johnson's current contract situation.

**** Insert two or three paragraphs of totally meaningless speculation here.****

Bull

Great news for CJ owners! This deal is going to get done soon IMO.

You really think so?
After the Fitz deal, won't CJ want that money?
Is Tennesse really going to give him Fitz money?
I guess I'm less optomistic just because of the high priced Fitz deal.

Cerberus

In Dog We Trust
About time they are meeting with their best offensive player since he's been there. Now just keep it under wraps til a deal is done.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Bull raises an interesting point here. I'm taking the wait and see approach and half way expecting an injury if they get him his much deserved raise.

Cerberus

In Dog We Trust
Fitz got an insane amount of money tho. Does TN even have that kind of money laying around to give him?

Bull

Fitz got an insane amount of money tho. Does TN even have that kind of money laying around to give him?

That's my point. I don't know if TN is willing or capable of giving up that kind of money and just because TN doesn't have that kind of money doesn't mean CJ won't demand it. I just think it might get ugly for TN now. They certainly didn't plan on or budget to give CJ the money Fitz got.

Cerberus

In Dog We Trust
CJ is worth alot more than he is making, and that we all agree on. But how much is too much and what would be the right amount /deal to keep this from happening again with him, w/o breaking your franchise over one player.

Bull

Good news for Titans fans as CJ will now be with the Titans through 2016. $30 mil guaranteed and a contract worth $53 mil over 4 years. I'm impressed that CJ settled for significantly less than Fitz. The Titans get him cheaper than he could've demanded and he gets good insurance against injury vs. the $800K he was scheduled to make. CJ owners in the fantasy world may now sleep a little easier.