Camp injury notes

A

Axe Elf

Andre Brown breaks his leg--a heckuva lucky break for all owners of scrub Wilson.

A

Axe Elf

It doesn't really matter to ME, since I've avoided both of them in my 60 leagues this year--but it is a heck of a boon to the David Wilson owners who would otherwise have found themselves owning the Giants' RB2 by about Week 3 if not for Brown getting hurt. It's not like Wilson will lose his starting job to Da'Rel Scott or Ryan Torain--but he would have lost it to Andre Brown.

ExperiencedRookie

Well, if that's the case, he still shouldn't be anything special for fantasy purposes. You make it sound like he's just like Jackie Battle taking the full load after Jamaal Charles' injury in 2011 or Rashad Jennings getting the full load with MJD sidelined in 2012.

A

Axe Elf

More like Rocky Bleier taking the full load if Franco Harris had been hurt in 1976. He just went from being half a RB to a full RB.

cctekguy

Staff member
...and Elf could still turn out to be Axactly correct.

Wilson could break his leg in week 1 and make EVERYBODY look stupid.

ExperiencedRookie

You saying it can't/won't happen?
No, of course not.

If someone says Charles is the #1 fantasy RB and Charles gets hurt, that person isn't necessarily wrong, because we weren't able to see the players season play out.

Same goes for avoiding a player because you don't like their talent. If that player gets hurt, that doesn't mean that you were correct in your assessment.

Now, if you stay away from a guy because of his injury history (McFadden, Murray etc etc) that's completely different.

cctekguy

Staff member
If someone says Charles is the #1 fantasy RB and Charles gets hurt, that person isn't necessarily wrong, because we weren't able to see the players season play out.

I disagree (respectfully).

If someone says Charles is the #1 RB and he gets hurt, then that person is DEAD wrong. Woulda, coulda, shoulda.

By your logic, I could claim Rashard Mendenhal the #1 RB but his offensive line suffered injuries so I am still not wrong.

The proof is in the pudding and anyone that claimed that Andre Brown would be better than David Wilson is WRONG (at this point, anyway). If Wilson is lost for the season in game 1 and Brown comes back after 8 weeks then obviously Brown will end up being the better back and the person choosing Brown will be RIGHT.

Sad to say, but fantasy football is predicated by injury. Your well planned draft picks are only as good as their ability to stay on the field. Your ADPs are subjective, at best. Guys like Elf are laughable because no matter how football savvy he is, he can't predict an injury, though the ability to get early information and pounce the waiver wire is paramount so elf will still be axceptional.

Come play-off time we will be starting guys like Ryan Torain and Marcel Reece and all the ADP cow dung will have been flushed down the toilet.

The draft, the rankings, the expert opinions, are all mental masturbation. The guys who watch and listen and feel the pulse of the game are the guys who are gonna win your fantasy league.

I ain't got that much time.

A

Axe Elf

The proof is in the pudding and anyone that claimed that Andre Brown would be better than David Wilson is WRONG (at this point, anyway).

Any claims about the future are neither right nor wrong; they are yet to be determined. I said that Andre Brown IS better than David Wilson, and in the present, based on the data so far (yards, yards per carry, TDs, fumbles--you know, the stuff that fantasy scoring is based on), Andre Brown IS better than David Wilson.