Bengals WR TJ Houshmandzdeh Throws Eagles Teaser

Runnik's Hambones

Housh is right that you can at least have an idea as to who is interested in you. Not really too much of a bad thing here. I think he's fine making these comments. The headline leads one to believe it's a bit more serious.

Coachnorm

The Bengals still have a little while left to decide on the tag. Nothing could actually be done until after that deadline. Flirting with other teams in the press at this point is a natural part of the process.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
How long until SS Lewis finally sinks? clearly its taking on water.
Never. He is a favorite of Brown, who doesn't give a damn if they win or not. That is just the way it is.

Now, if folks stop buying tickets.........then things will change.

As for Housh.

I am getting more and more convinced they won't tag him. They are currently working to sign Benson and Andrews and have had little or no contact with Housh. The FT tag will cost too much to keep him, and they drafted three Wrs last year to address this exact issue. I also don't think Ocho is going anywhere anymore either. All the local talk radio is pretty much saying the same things.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
As for Housh.

I am getting more and more convinced they won't tag him. They are currently working to sign Benson and Andrews and have had little or no contact with Housh. The FT tag will cost too much to keep him, and they drafted three Wrs last year to address this exact issue. I also don't think Ocho is going anywhere anymore either. All the local talk radio is pretty much saying the same things.
Starting to think the same way....either it's a FT or they are letting him walk. A long term contract does not seem to be in the works at all.....with Chad walking the company line again for now, they may let him walk and go with COC, Henry and the young kids.

Birdman

Ready For Some Football
If we get TJ Houshmandzadeh in Eagles green I will throw a party. TJ is invited.

Phicinfan

Administrator
If we get TJ Houshmandzadeh in Eagles green I will throw a party. TJ is invited.
This would be a no brainer to me if I were Philly GM.

You have Jackson and Curtis for the outside speed and slot receiver. To get a Housh to man the other side and really take coverage away...would make the team incredibly strong. Honestly, I would much rather see Philly get T.J. in FA than try and trade for Boldin.

The Ram

Half Man, Half Amazing
Holy crap I love the fit. Housh would have enough legit distractions for d-coordinators with Jackson and Curtis to be able to continue his solid production. He'd be a monster in that offense. McNugget would have a career year with a guy like him lining up in green.

Coachnorm

Starting to think the same way....either it's a FT or they are letting him walk. A long term contract does not seem to be in the works at all.....with Chad walking the company line again for now, they may let him walk and go with COC, Henry and the young kids.

It does look like Housh could truely be gone. The Bengals invested their second round pick on WR Jerome Simpson along with their 2nd third round pick in WR Andre Caldwell. So it could very well end up Chad and Chris Hendry and a flock of younsters. What appeared to be drafting maddness last year may have truely been drafting for down the road.

Phicinfan

Administrator
It does look like Housh could truely be gone. The Bengals invested their second round pick on WR Jerome Simpson along with their 2nd third round pick in WR Andre Caldwell. So it could very well end up Chad and Chris Hendry and a flock of younsters. What appeared to be drafting maddness last year may have truely been drafting for down the road.
Not to correct you Norm. But I posted a link a long time ago that had a statement from Marvin saying that is EXACTLY why they took both Wrs. They knew that Housh was close to FA and they were expecting Ocho to sit out. So they knew they had to draft for depth and replacements. It is one reason I have said all along that they won't tag T.J. They fully intended to let him walk and replace him with drafted talent.

Coachnorm

I probably should have said something to the effect that it appeared to be drafting maddness to the casual fan. I liked the picks knowing Housh would go into Free Agency the following year. But a lot of Fantasy/sports sources gave the Bengals a bad drafting grade based on those picks. Those of us at Sports Outlaws have a keener eye towards the the long haul than most so called sports experts do.

Phicinfan

Administrator
I probably should have said something to the effect that it appeared to be drafting maddness to the casual fan. I liked the picks knowing Housh would go into Free Agency the following year. But a lot of Fantasy/sports sources gave the Bengals a bad drafting grade based on those picks. Those of us at Sports Outlaws have a keener eye towards the the long haul than most so called sports experts do.
:nod:

Although, I will say Cincy took a lot of flack over the choice of Simpson, rather than some other Wrs that were available. I also am not so sure Simpson was a good pick. But what I have seen from Caldwell looks very promising.

Coachnorm

If Housh leaves a void in the lineup it will be interesting to see how the WR Corp plays out. Caldwell, Glenn Holt, Simpson could all develop quicky getting more snaps in OTCs and training camp this year. The Bengals will be a interesting offseason watch this year.

eaglechick

I'm back :)
i think pretty much any free agent WR worth anything thinks about coming to philly... as they should

i would be thrilled with either housh or boldin. if we get either--wiener schnitzel and beck's on me, and yes, TJ/Q is also invited :grin:

Mike

Administrator
The only way that Housh talks seriously to Philly is if McNabb is staying. I just don't see that happening given his latest comments and the way former defensive teammates are now firing back.

eaglechick

I'm back :)
The only way that Housh talks seriously to Philly is if McNabb is staying. I just don't see that happening given his latest comments and the way former defensive teammates are now firing back.

last i heard everything was peachy. did i miss something?

Mike

Administrator
Getting ready to head out the door right now, don't have time to dig up the links. Just do a google news search for Donovan McNabb, and look at the news articles from around the beginning of this month. It was where he was talking about the defense not being able to protect the lead he gave the team, then followed by a couple interviews with Hugh Douglas and another former defensive player.

These players are insinuating that McNabb actually doesn't want to be in Philadelphia, and that he needs to go away. Douglas spoke more about the fact that McNabb doesn't seem to get the "team" aspect, basically wanting to point things out to make himself look good and focus on what other players didn't do.

McNabb really didn't say much, and didn't come right out and say it was the defenses fault, but the comments really shouldn't come from a player. You win and lose as a team, and players seem to be taking issue with it now, particularly defensive players.

I just think it is going to start getting worse as the offseason goes. McNabb wants a contract extension, I don't see Philly giving it to him.