BCS Bowl Games are taking shape

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Going into the last 3 games to decide the teams who will be in the games look to be taking shape with just a couple questions.

Here are my thoughts:
BCS Title Game: Oregon vs Auburn
No shock here, the top 2 teams the last month or so will square off for the title. Should be a high scoring and very entertaining game! The blur will face it's toughest test yet.

Rose Bowl: Wisconsin vs TCU
Again, no shock. With the Rose losing Oregon, they are locked into taking the non-AQ team which is TCU. This is a battle of two tough as nails D's and should be a great game. The Badgers can run on anyone it seems and will put that to the test against the hornfrogs.

Sugar Bowl: Arkansas vs Ohio State
Sugar Bowl will get first pick of the teams not locked into a Bowl to replace Auburn. They also get the next selection as well. So their choices will be the big east champ, Stanford, or the 2 more at large teams which is all but guaranteed to be 2nd teams from the SEC and the Big 10. The Sugar with their SEC tie-in will no doubt look to the SEC team and take what looks to be Arkansas. For the 2nd team, it's all about money and OSU brings it. The Buckeyes will get another shot at an SEC team.

Orange Bowl: Va Tech vs Stanford
Orange gets the ACC champ and now gets to pick from Stanford or UConn. Neither are great draws but one would think the Orange would take the high profile QB and a top 4 BCS team over a 4 loss team where woman's basketball is a better draw than football. Looks like Stanford is heading to Florida to take on a hit Va Tech team....but has anyone forgot the James Madison meltdown?

Fiesta Bowl: Oklahoma vs UConn
Would much rather see Stanford in this one vs the Big 12 champ, but UConn looks to be the one heading west. Sorry, not much interest in this one at all. Can TCU just join the Big East now??

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
I really don't see any surprises tomorrow.....however, does anyone know if the 2nd SEC team has to be Arkansas?? I don't recall anything that would make that the case making it the choice of the Sugar.....if that is the case, any shot they choose the home state LSU Tiger who also only have 2 losses????

GoToLeep

Fantasy Football Champ!!
According to what I have read, the Sugar bowl will get the first pick to replace Auburn from all automatic and at-large qualifiers except the ACC, Big Ten, Big 12, and Pac 10 champions. They don't have to even pick an SEC team. So, they could take either Ark or LSU or any other Auto/At-large team.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
I really don't see any surprises tomorrow.....however, does anyone know if the 2nd SEC team has to be Arkansas?? I don't recall anything that would make that the case making it the choice of the Sugar.....if that is the case, any shot they choose the home state LSU Tiger who also only have 2 losses????

Nothing in the rules that says they can not pick LSU but they won't Miller. Arkansas travels well and will actually be better for the New Orleans economy than the Tigers playing there. Most Tiger fans would not need a motel for the game if they so chose to go on the cheap.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
You are right....BUT they WILL take an SEC team, just a matter of which one but it looks like it will be Ark. That is one curve ball that would not completely shock me though.

Updating some things above.....looks like the Orange gets to pick before the Fiesta.....meaning they can select either Stanford or UConn....neither is going to travel extremely well, and Stanford all the way to Florida could be a brutal following.....BUT, looks like most feel Stanford will get the nod over UConn....making a Va Tech/Stanford showdown and UConn goes out west to take on Oklahoma.

Got to say, that scenario kinda sucks. Would rather see OU and Stanford play....and Va Tech is on a roll.....but I can't get James Madison out of my mind, so them against Stanford doesn't do much for me. OU/UConn is not a good match-up.

So from 4 great and 1 Dud to 3 Great, 1 so-so and 1 Dud IMO.

According to what I have read, the Sugar bowl will get the first pick to replace Auburn from all automatic and at-large qualifiers except the ACC, Big Ten, Big 12, and Pac 10 champions. They don't have to even pick an SEC team. So, they could take either Ark or LSU or any other Auto/At-large team.