Axe Elf's Sleepers & Stinkers: Week 2

A

Axe Elf

Yeah, the one on Football Guys wasn't me, though--just some admirer pretending to be me by copying and pasting my posts and patching together some regurgitated rhetoric to pass himself off as a poor imitation of me. If you read those Football Guys posts closely, though, it's easy to see that it's NOT me, as I would never say something so redneck as "I don't need no watchdog," or mistake "your" for "you're." I appealed to the site owners and got him banned after throwing around some charges of identity theft and copyright infringement.

Still, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

German CTL

Circle City Outlaw
.5 ppr league.... I'm starting Foster as my RB1, so on top of that would you rather start Ben Tate and lockdown all of the Texans backfield pts against the titans or would you roll with Pierre Thomas against the Bucs?

A

Axe Elf

.5 ppr league.... I'm starting Foster as my RB1, so on top of that would you rather start Ben Tate and lockdown all of the Texans backfield pts against the titans or would you roll with Pierre Thomas against the Bucs?

Well I wouldn't start Thomas.

ExperiencedRookie

Scanned over this list real quick to review the action. QB Sleepers weren't sleepers at all. More like sleeping. All 3 of them were simply awful.

QB Stinkers looked a lot better though, depending on how Kaep does tonight.

Sleeper RBs had one bright spot in there, and that was Derel Scott getting a 30 YD receiving TD. Outside of that there was an 80 yard rusher (DeAngelo), and a pair of 1 point fantasy performances. Not sure how Lacy scores into your winning % though. Id say leaving the game with an injury is more acceptable for "push" status than a guy who was available for every down.

RB Stinkers. Spiller got the yards for a decent day, just couldn't add a score. Daryl Richardson did something similar. No endzone, but a good chunk of yards and receptions. Foster didn't play especially well or get the work load we're used to seeing from him, but he salvaged a very nice fantasy day late in the game. Reggie Bush got limited by injury, but was still able to give a few points. Again, have to figure out how you rule on the injury thing.

WR sleeers. Cecil had a pretty solid game. Marlon Brown and Santana Moss salvaged bad days with TDs late. Everybody else was pretty bad. A few guys with only 1 catch for 20 or less yards. A few more with 2-3 catches and 40 yards.

WR Stinkers. Probably the highlight of this weeks action. Colston, Demaryius, Torrey, and Andre all basically had the same day. 50-80 yards, no TDs for any of them. Awesome work. Youre bound to get burned big at least once when you have a guy like Dez Bryant on the list. If it wasn't him, it could have been any of those other guys. Boldin still waiting to play.

TE sleepers went up and down. Cameron is proving to be one of the best plays in the league. Sleeper status might be going away because this guy is clearly waking up! Garrett Graham was a nice play again thanks to Schaub only throwing TDs to TEs. The rest of this crew was quite bad though. Fred Davis, Pettigrew, and Winslow probably couldn't combine their points and outscore either one of the 2 hits on the list.

TE stinkers are kind of looking like their burning you. Kyle Rudolph, who should be a shoe in for stinker every single week caught himself a TD. So did Finley and Olsen. Gonzo was a great pick though. Nothing to do in the offense today. Vernon still waiting to go.

ExperiencedRookie

Putting the entire San Fran passing offense on the Stinker list was a good play.

Im assuming we'll see a lot of opposing offensive players to Seattle on these lists in the future.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
The deep end was really good RC. I wish it's make a come back or at least a couple of guest appearances at timely moments.

ExperiencedRookie

Ive read almost every post you've made for 2 months now. You know what Ive learned?? Not much.

I found someone who could give me about 50% accuracy on a lineup decision in a real deep spot. Nothing I can't do myself or even let a coin decide for me.

I've also learned that if you dislike a player and drag their name through the mud enough, they'll probably come out of the gate and be the #1 fantasy RB like McCoy and show everyone exactly how great you are