Arian Foster goes down in first padded practice

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Woohoo....gotta love those that can't stay healthy. I am not a blue fan, so is there any depth in Rb in Houston?

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
2 Houston Papers have him listed now as a candidate for IR/Return, so won't be able to play until after week 8. This is just supposition right now though.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
He came into camp the healthiest he's been in three years. Oh that bites! Alfred Blue, where are you?

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
The other running backs on Houston's roster are Alfred Blue, Jonathan Grimes, seventh-round pick Kenny Hilliard and former Eagle Chris Polk.

bodey24

Staff member
I think Blue bounces back this year. He's worked hard during the offseason and was working out with AP

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
I.R./return dictates that players miss at least the first eight weeks of the season.
Houston has a bye week nine so if placed on the IR/Return list he will not be eligible until week 10. :(

MongerKhan

TXL: Pimp Hand Strong
Staff member
Surgery for Fragile Foster.

Blue is injured as well.

Who calls Sjax first..Dallas or Houston?

MongerKhan

TXL: Pimp Hand Strong
Staff member
Just what I heard on Radio on the way to work. Glad its not an actual injury

catman

Baseball "Expert"
This is precisely why a football team needs several good RBs, even though they might not appreciate sitting on the bench.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
No deal for PT who refused to sign for the league minimum.

The word is that Houston considers themselves to be a bit more "polished" than other clubs in the league and the ownership tries hard in "most" instances not to sign a player with character "issues." Locals do not think that Ray will receive a call. Personally I think they should turn a blind eye and hire the dude. He's served enough time away for his crime IMO.

Birdman

Ready For Some Football
Rice was terrible the last time he took the field. Now he's old and rusty to boot. From a pure football standpoint he's not worth it - not to mention all the baggage that would come with signing him.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Foster's time away has shortened to as little as six weeks which may allow Houston to leave him on active roster since an IR/Return decision is still a month away.

maverick824

IMO, the only way, as an NFL club, you could consider taking what would be a certain PR hit by signing Rice is if you believed he was the guy that helped put your team into a contention discussion. For Houston, he simply doesn't do that. They are the second best team in their division, but the gap from them to Indy is wide, and they aren't exactly trendy picks for WC discussion. Rice wouldn't be a significant enough upgrade over the youth they have on roster to warrant taking the abuse from DV groups campaigning Reliant Stadium all year. I think you ride out Foster's injury, get good reps with your young backs, see if any break out, and reassess when Foster returns around the 2nd half.