A question about keeper leagues.

Lanigiro

My league is considering doing a single player keeper starting next year and two questions have come up. We have decided on not allowing 1st/2nd round picks as keepers, and requiring a draft pick 2 slots higher than previous be given up to keep the player (i.e., lose a 13th round pick to keep a 15th round pick).

One person asked if he could drop the player and then flag them as their keeper the next year. To me, this is a no. My guess is he regrets dropping Crabtree instead of sticking him on IR and is hoping to get him next year for a late round pick. So, does your keeper pick have to be on your roster at the end of the season?

The other question is how do we handle keepers from waivers? Can you only flag drafted players as a keeper? Or do you just consider them a late round pick and follow through with it as normal?

ExperiencedRookie

1. if someone drops a player and they're not on the roster at the end of the year, they absolutely cannot keep them.

2. If you pick someone up off of waivers it counts like a 15th round pick. You can certainly choose to have a rule where no waiver players can be kept though

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
No way he can keep someone that's not on his team when the season ends. In our keeper league a player kept that was picked up off of waivers cost you whatever the last round of your draft is. We have 17 players so it cost us a 17th round draft choice. We started out as a one player keeper league and have slowly worked our way up to where now we are keeping seven.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
hell no to keeping a player that is dropped.

As far as waiver keepers, you can do a few things:
1. Count it as a last rd pick
2. Designate a rd that they count as....Say 10th rounder
3. Don't allow it.

Any of them will work, should be decided and communicated very soon though.