2021 News/Rumors NFL Free Agency

efactor

Coming at you
NFL tv deal announced. Biggest deal i see is MNF will now be able to flex games in and out starting in week 12. That is HUGE imo.

Amazon has all Thursday night games.

3 MNF double headers.

Worth 110 BILLION over the next ten years.

Salary cap is gonna EXPLODE next year
I like the MNF double headers for the west coast time slots. Hope they start them at 3:00 pm on the west coast

MongerKhan

TXL: Pimp Hand Strong
Staff member
Corey Davis, Mims, Crowder and Cole?

Hard to believe they are giving Cole 5.5 to be the 4th receiver, so is Crowder gone?
Mims did next to nothing this year didnt he?

Edit: 23 catches 35 yards no Tds

efactor

Coming at you
Mims did next to nothing this year didnt he?

Edit: 23 catches 35 yards no Tds
He missed the first half of the season and team was a total train wreck offensively. He flashed a couple games.

Big part of their plans this year, from what I see anyway. Took him in round 2 last year.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
He was better than Foles or Dalton. Not sure why the Bears moved on if the solution was Andy friggin Dalton.

Change for the sake of change isn't a great idea. Pace and Nagy are a train wreck
Okay....lets take a look at this, and do it with a look at reality shall we?

Mitchell Trubisky last year - 67% completion rate, 2055 yards passing, 16 Tds, 8 INTS, QBR 93.5 - benched mid-season by Nick Foles
Nick Foles last year - 64.7% completion rate, 1852 yards passing, 10 Tds, 8 INTS, QBR 80.8 - benched end of season by Trubisky(injury issues there)
Andy Dalton last year - 64.9% completion rate, 2169 passing yards, 14 Tds, 8 INTs, QBR 87.3 - came in after game 3 or 4 due to injury to Dak.

Know what I see....no real difference. But..... is that true?
Last year was Trubisky's 4th year on that team, 2nd year in that offense. He knew the Wrs and Rbs and the offense.
Last year was Foles' and Daltons 1st year in that offense, with NO experience with the offense or Wr's due to Covid. None. I will add Foles at least got to compete for the starting job, while Dalton go almost no work since he WAS the set back up to Dak.

so lets look at career stats...
Trubisky - 64% completion rate, 10609 passing yards, 64 TDs, 37 INTs, sacked 111 times, 18 fumbles, QBR 87.2 - 4 years - mostly as starter - rd 1 draft pick
Foles - 62.3% completion rate, 13,753 passing yards, 81 TDs, 43 INTs, sacked 115 times, 21 fumbles, QBR 87.1 - 9 years - mostly as back up- 1 superbowl win!!! Go Eagles!!! - 3rd round draft pick
Dalton - 62.2% completion rate, 33,763 passing yards, 218 TDs, 126 INTs, sacked 302 times, 27 fumbles, QBR 87.5 - 10 years - 9 with Bengals - 5 consecutive years to playoffs early in career - WITH THE BENGALS! - 2nd rd draft pick

Guess what, Trubisky isn't better. He had better defenses to work with. I will add though, while statistically they are basically the same, Foles is the only one to win a superbowl. Dalton got his team to the playoffs multiple times.

The difference is Dalton is more steady. He won't make the HUGE mistake. Will he win the Bears the superbowl, absolutely not. No way.

None of these would though. I do think they can potentially make the playoffs with Dalton...and had no real hope with Trubisky.

I also for the record don't think the Bears are done. IF Mac Jones or one of the first round Qbs fall, I can see them making a move to get him.

Phicinfan

Administrator
What are they doing? Signing a bunch of below average players. Total tank job?
They have no cap space, they can't go and get the Big targets. Not until they finally pull the trigger and deal Watson, even then the dead money limits them. Best hope is to get young Qb in trade and use the picks to get WR and RB help. Speaking of which, they redid the deal for Johnson and signed Mark Ingram so should have a decent running game this year.

Phicinfan

Administrator
TEN - have re-signed OT Ty Sambrailo
WFT - have Lb David Mayo(formerly giants)
CHI - have released Cb Kyle Fuller for cap space help
DEN - have jumped to try and sign Fuller
JAC - Cam Robinson OT signed his FT tender
NE - have re-signed C David Andrews
NYJ - signing DB Lamarcus Joyner(formerly Raider)
NYG - have signed Lb Reggie Ragland(formerly Lions)
CHI - Allen Robinson has signed his FT tender - this is huge, as they can no include him in a trade if they want...
CHI - have given permission to DL Akiem Hicks to seek a trade
LVR - has re-signed Rb Theo Riddick to a one year deal
LVR - has signed C Nick Martin(formerly Texan)
DET - signing K Randy Bullock(formerly Bengals)
HOU - supposedly 9 cases coming against Watson - if you believe the lawyer
HOU - has signed Cb Desmond King 1 year $3.5 million (formerly chargers/Titans)
TEN - Titans has signed Cb Kevin Johnson(formerly Brown)
NFL - 17 game regular season for 2021 is done deal
BUF - plan to start talks on extension for Josh Allen post this years draft
DET - signed Wr Breshad Perriman(formerly Jet)
WFT - has re-signed Qb Kyle Allen
TB - has re-signed DT Rakeem Nunez-Roches
KC - has re-signed OT Mike Remmers - wow kept ONE OL - hope you can run Patrick
NYJ - have signed OL Dan Feeney(formerly Charger)
CLE - has signed Cb Troy Hill(formerly Ram)
NE - has re-signed K Nick Folk
BUF - has re-signed Rb Taiwan Jones
Wr Kenny Golladay - has offer from Bengals, spent Wednesday night with Bears(which supposedly forced Robinson to sign tender so it could not be taken away if they sign a Wr) and is now still visiting with the Giants
SF - has Qb Joe Flacco(formerly Jet) in for a visit - Mullens and Bearthard are FAs
NO - has re-signed CB P.J. Williams

Phicinfan

Administrator
PHI - more talk of Philly taking a Qb at #6 - GM Roseman says all owner says is strengthen the team.... - I think they are trying to get someone to trade up.
JAC - says they are not looking to trade Minshew as of yet - would be cheap back up for new Qb.

efactor

Coming at you

Mitchell Trubisky last year - 67% completion rate, 2055 yards passing, 16 Tds, 8 INTS, QBR 93.5 - benched mid-season by Nick Foles
Nick Foles last year - 64.7% completion rate, 1852 yards passing, 10 Tds, 8 INTS, QBR 80.8 - benched end of season by Trubisky(injury issues there)
Andy Dalton last year - 64.9% completion rate, 2169 passing yards, 14 Tds, 8 INTs, QBR 87.3 - came in after game 3 or 4 due to injury to Dak.

Last year was Trubisky's 4th year on that team, 2nd year in that offense. He knew the Wrs and Rbs and the offense.
Last year was Foles' and Daltons 1st year in that offense, with NO experience with the offense or Wr's due to Covid. None. I will add Foles at least got to compete for the starting job, while Dalton go almost no work since he WAS the set back up to Dak.

Trubisky - 64% completion rate, 10609 passing yards, 64 TDs, 37 INTs, sacked 111 times, 18 fumbles, QBR 87.2 - 4 years - mostly as starter - rd 1 draft pick
Foles - 62.3% completion rate, 13,753 passing yards, 81 TDs, 43 INTs, sacked 115 times, 21 fumbles, QBR 87.1 - 9 years - mostly as back up- 1 superbowl win!!! Go Eagles!!! - 3rd round draft pick
Dalton - 62.2% completion rate, 33,763 passing yards, 218 TDs, 126 INTs, sacked 302 times, 27 fumbles, QBR 87.5 - 10 years - 9 with Bengals - 5 consecutive years to playoffs early in career - WITH THE BENGALS! - 2nd rd draft pick

Guess what, Trubisky isn't better. He had better defenses to work with. I will add though, while statistically they are basically the same, Foles is the only one to win a superbowl. Dalton got his team to the playoffs multiple times.

The difference is Dalton is more steady. He won't make the HUGE mistake. Will he win the Bears the superbowl, absolutely not. No way.

None of these would though. I do think they can potentially make the playoffs with Dalton...and had no real hope with Trubisky.

I also for the record don't think the Bears are done. IF Mac Jones or one of the first round Qbs fall, I can see them making a move to get him.
They have no cap space, they can't go and get the Big targets. Not until they finally pull the trigger and deal Watson, even then the dead money limits them. Best hope is to get young Qb in trade and use the picks to get WR and RB help. Speaking of which, they redid the deal for Johnson and signed Mark Ingram so should have a decent running game this year.
They are signing bucket players and are going to get killed in 2021 regardless of weather Watson plays or not. These signings make zero sense IMO

Last edited:

efactor

Coming at you

Andy Dalton was ”OK” in his prime but he Isn’t in his prime any longer and has zero upside to be anything more than a slightly below average NFL QB. They would be better off rolling with Trubisky one more year with the hope that it comes together for him in year 5. They can still draft a young QB either way. Dalton is not leading them to the playoffs.

While true “THE BENGALS” made the playoffs 5 straight years with Dalton, it was more the defense that led the way, not average Andy. From 2011 thru 2015, they ranked 9th, 8th, 5th, 12th and 2nd in total defense. They also had a very good o-line with Wentworth, Zietler and Smith. They ran the ball well, played good defense and won some games. Dalton also had one of the premier receivers in football in AJ Green. They also lost every one of their first round playoff games in the period, so Dalton didn’t exactly step up big in those games.

As far as last year, Dalton is an experienced QB and had great weapons. Dallas doesn’t have an overly complicated offense and they have a lot of weapons. Dalton pretty much stunk it up In a good situation.

Zero upside in this move for Chicago.

Phicinfan

Administrator
They are signing bucket players and are going to get killed in 2021 regardless of weather Watson plays or not. These signings make zero sense IMO
They have to field a team. Can't say whelp, oh well