2019 NFL News thread End of Preseason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Cleveland traded a 2020 pick to Tennesee for Taywan Taylor Wr - my guess is its conditional since no one knows for sure which pick

Walter34

wow, what a horrible trade. I haven't followed Tuncil since the draft a couple years back - is he now an all world tackle? To date all I know of him is the iffy decision to smoke a huge bong on youtube the night before the draft :p

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Ben Volin of the Boston Globe suggested N'Keal Harry (ankle, hamstring, toe) could be a candidate for injured reserve.

Last edited by a moderator:

Phicinfan

Administrator
wow, what a horrible trade. I haven't followed Tuncil since the draft a couple years back - is he now an all world tackle? To date all I know of him is the iffy decision to smoke a huge bong on youtube the night before the draft :p
In all honesty, I can't believe they didn't reach out to Washington for Trent Williams, probably would have been half the cost at best

Phicinfan

Administrator

Phicinfan

Administrator
NYG - claim Cody Core Wr formerly of CIN - need help with Tate on suspension for 4 games
DET - signs J. D. McKissic Rb
CLE - claims Lb Malik Jefferson, Ricky Seals-Jones Te
JAC - place Alfred Blue on IR, claimed Rbs Tyler Ervin and Devine Ozigbo off waivers
CAR - has released Wr Torrey Smith
IND - resign Qb Phillip Walker to practice Squad
WAS - claims Wendell Smallwood off waivers from Philly
PHI - sign Kyle Lauletta to practice squad from NYG
OAK - claims Deshone Kizer off of waivers
NYJ - claim off of waivers K/P Kaare Vedvik, Wr Braxton Berrios,
DEN - moving Rb Theo Riddick and TE Jake Butt to IR, claim Qb Brandon Allen from Rams cuts
NO - trade with Miami for Lb Kiko Alonso for back up Lb Vince Biegel
JAC - extends Myles Jack
CHI - extends OG Whitehair
DEN - also placed Drew Lock Qb on IR
CIN - claim Wr Pharoh Cooper and Rb Samije Perine off of waivers
CHI - Pinero won the K job

MongerKhan

TXL: Pimp Hand Strong
Staff member
I'd imagine this is the end for Jake Butt. Dude is a walking injury unfortunately. I was very excited for the prospect of his pro career but he just can't stay healthy

Phicinfan

Administrator
I'd imagine this is the end for Jake Butt. Dude is a walking injury unfortunately. I was very excited for the prospect of his pro career but he just can't stay healthy
I would almost say the same for McKinnon, its the same knee that went bad he just got fixed. Hard to come back from double injury to same knee

MongerKhan

Staff member
In a bit of an interesting piece of news Seattle has one quarterback on the roster right now. They waived both Geno Smith and Paxton Lynch in order to get down to the roster limit

MongerKhan

Staff member
So I may be alone in thinking this but I personally think it's really stupid for Kyler Murray who is now six days out of his NFL debut to be at Oklahoma's game. You think their franchise hopeful quarterback would be more focused on the first game of what he hopes to be a long NFL career

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Maybe not such good news long term as the Texans gave up DB Johnson Bademosi, OT Juile'n Davenport, two first-round picks, and a second-round pick from the Texans in exchange for LT Laremy Tunsil, WR Kenny Stills, and a fourth-round pick.

They really need a GM down there. :(
Seattle Seahawks LB Jadeveon Clowney will receive his $7 million signing bonus from the Houston Texans, while Seattle pays his $8 million salary.

Status
Not open for further replies.