2018 NFL Fantasy Lineup Doctor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
I'm hoping that once again our under paid leader here on the forum will take the place of being the Lineup Doctor. When he isn't around (weekends) someone else here will fill in as Nurse Practitioner. Get your start / sit, trade, and other questions ready and let's make the doctor feel right at home here in his own office. Thanks PhiCin!

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Hey Dr. I'm in a keeper league and need to choose 2 keepers out of these 4 guys.

Tom Brady

Marvin Jones

OJ Howard: He looks like a new model of the 6 million dollar man.

Kyle Rudolph: Cousins sure liked throwing to the TE's in DC.

This is a 5 keeper player, ppr, $ league. I'm already keeping DeVantae Adams, Allen Robinson, and Jarvis Landry. We start 1 QB, 2 RB's. 3 WR's, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF/ST, and 1 flex (RB, WR, TE).

Though I'm not a fan of drafting a QB early I'm leaning towards keeping Brady strongly and would like to keep Jones as well. Frankly Doc. Marvin scares the hell out of me and when he's in a game for me I become a chain smoker, a drunk too if booze is available to me at the time he is on the field. Still are either of these 2 TE's worthy of keeping over Jones? Help me out Doctor. Pot still isn't legal here in the Bayou State and I'm a nervous Nelly on this decision. FTR I have picks 3, 6, and 8 in the first round of our draft next week where I will be throwing darts at RB's.

Last edited:

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Oh, one last thing...Should I move this thread to the advise board or leave it here in the higher traffic area?

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Hey Dr. I'm in a keeper league and need to choose 2 keepers out of these 4 guys.

Tom Brady

Marvin Jones

OJ Howard: He looks like a new model of the 6 million dollar man.

Kyle Rudolph: Cousins sure liked throwing to the TE's in DC.

This is a 5 keeper player, ppr, $ league. I'm already keeping DeVantae Adams, Allen Robinson, and Jarvis Landry. We start 1 QB, 2 RB's. 3 WR's, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF/ST, and 1 flex (RB, WR, TE).

Though I'm not a fan of drafting a QB early I'm leaning towards keeping Brady strongly and would like to keep Jones as well. Frankly Doc. Marvin scares the hell out of me and when he's in a game for me I become a chain smoker, a drunk too if booze is available to me at the time he is on the field. Still are either of these 2 TE's worthy of keeping over Jones? Help me out Doctor. Pot still isn't legal here in the Bayou State and I'm a nervous Nelly on this decision. FTR I have picks 3, 6, and 8 in the first round of our draft next week where I will be throwing darts at RB's.
Welcome to the Dr's office!

Okay 5 keepers and you are leaning these three first:
DeVantae Adams(yup!), Allen Robinson(hmmm...) and Jarvis Landry(yup!)

Now you have 2 spaces left. If there is no draft penalty(do you give up picks in round you keep players?) I would say of the 4 left Brady is a must.

The question then becomes Jones, Howard and Rudolph. Not sure where you are drafting, but of those three the hardest to get IMO is Marvin Jones. I know stories are high that Galloday is again flavor of the month in Detroit, but he seems to cut more into Tate than Jones.

I like Rudolph...but lets face facts they have some AWESOME receiving talent there with Diggs and Theilan and will run more with Cook back. Don't see him getting quite as much. I do NOT believe in O.J. Howard ... at all. Not with Brate there and Fitz throwing in first 4 games. Nope you can snag him later in draft IMO.

so I would go : Adams, Robinson, Landry, Jones and Brady. That means you focus early on Rb, and maybe risk a high Te if value is there.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Welcome to the Dr's office!

Okay 5 keepers and you are leaning these three first:
DeVantae Adams(yup!), Allen Robinson(hmmm...) and Jarvis Landry(yup!)

Now you have 2 spaces left. If there is no draft penalty(do you give up picks in round you keep players?) I would say of the 4 left Brady is a must.

The question then becomes Jones, Howard and Rudolph. Not sure where you are drafting, but of those three the hardest to get IMO is Marvin Jones. I know stories are high that Galloday is again flavor of the month in Detroit, but he seems to cut more into Tate than Jones.

I like Rudolph...but lets face facts they have some AWESOME receiving talent there with Diggs and Theilan and will run more with Cook back. Don't see him getting quite as much. I do NOT believe in O.J. Howard ... at all. Not with Brate there and Fitz throwing in first 4 games. Nope you can snag him later in draft IMO.

so I would go : Adams, Robinson, Landry, Jones and Brady. That means you focus early on Rb, and maybe risk a high Te if value is there.

No penalty for the keepers and I pick from the #8 slot. I do have the 3rd, 6th, and 8th pick in the first round to work on RB's. You called it the way I was leaning I just wondered about the value of Rudolph with Cousins on the mound. Thanks Dr. I'll file on my insurance plan soon.

Phicinfan

Administrator
No penalty for the keepers and I pick from the #8 slot. I do have the 3rd, 6th, and 8th pick in the first round to work on RB's. You called it the way I was leaning I just wondered about the value of Rudolph with Cousins on the mound. Thanks Dr. I'll file on my insurance plan soon.
OOOHHHH you got choices. I have to assume someone will be keeping Elliot, Bell, D.J. and Gurley...
So first pick will be Barkley
2nd pick will be.....
3rd pick for you could be Freeman or K. Johnson - nice
6th pick is a toss up...you could snag another young Rb maybe chubb or Penny, or No Wr really you want here as you have depth... Trade down maybe?

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Keepers are not announced until the night before the draft so knowing who will be on the board other than the rookies isn't possible. Looking at league rosters I can see some darn good players are going to be released both R/B's and WR's. I do not expect Barley to fall to #3 but he could.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Another question on another ppr keeper league. This league keeps 8 players so other than the rookies there are very few studs on the board. I have the 2nd and 3rd picks in the first round here. With the 2nd pick in the draft I plan on grabbing the best RB on the board. Barkley won't be there as he'll be drafted #1. This pick was to be Guice. Now I lean towards Royce Freeman. Other possibilities are Lamar Miller, Kerryon Johnson, Chris Carson, Ronald Jones, Hyde, Lewis, Lynch, and Penny. Of these which do you like best? With the 3rd pick in the draft I lean towards Gronk because he was born to be a Hydrocarbon. However I will consider taking another RB when the time comes. This league does penalize for keeper values so I would not be keen on taking two rookies in round 1.

Last edited:

Phicinfan

Administrator
Another question on another ppr keeper league. This league keeps 8 players so other than the rookies there are very few studs on the board. I have the 2nd and 3rd picks in the first round here. With the 2nd pick in the draft I plan on grabbing the best RB on the board. Barkley won't be there as he'll be drafted #1. This pick was to be Guice. Now I lean towards Royce Freeman. Other possibilities are Lamar Miller, Kerryon Johnson, Chris Carson, Ronald Jones, Hyde, Lewis, Lynch, and Penny. Of these which do you like best? With the 3rd pick in the draft I lean towards Gronk because he was born to be a Hydrocarbon. However I will consider taking another RB when the time comes. This league does penalize for keeper values so I would not be keen on taking two rookies in round 1.
Not sure on your roster, how many Rbs are you currently keeping?
As for you first pick (#2) I would say it depends on if you want immediate return or not. "I" would go Freeman, as he will play NOW and play well, but long term, dynasty thinking Penny may be a better option(although he scares me, he has been hurt, he has ballooned up in weight per reports...potential bust?).

so I would lean Freeman.
As for your next pick, I love Gronk but not at that cost, just a thing with me and TE depth this year. Again, it depends on your needs. Miller may be studly this year with De'Onte Foreman not healthy yet. But if you need Te, and have Rb depth, Gronk can be it.

To me - as I love to stock pile Rbs - I would go Freeman and K. Johnson. but I could see you going Gronk instead of Johnson.

Walter34

keeper auction league, PPR with $100 salary cap starting 1 qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF and 1 Flex

I have the following keepers
Wentz - $4
Eli - $5
Kamara - $2
J Howard - $3
T Cohen - $2
A Brown - $23
Watkins - $5
Tate - $8

Total spent = $52 ($48 left)

Above could be the core starters and is pretty good but I have enough money for 1 more stud in auction. I will need to fill in 11 more players for TE, D, PK and more backups either way. So one of the 11 could be a star and the rest will be $1-$5 players. Based on history, here are what some options will go for in auction

Leveon Bell, David Johnson or Zeke - $25
Odell, Julio - $21
Rodgers - $19
Keenan Allen - $17
Gronk, Kelce - $16

Obviously the cheaper the stud, the more $ for other team needs.
- QB is iffy if Wentz doesn't play like an MVP again
- RB is strong but could go for one of the top 5 listed above
- I could sign Keenan at $17 now but then couldn't afford any other studs

Where would you spend the money left is the question?

Phicinfan

Administrator
keeper auction league, PPR with $100 salary cap starting 1 qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF and 1 Flex

I have the following keepers
Wentz - $4
Eli - $5
Kamara - $2
J Howard - $3
T Cohen - $2
A Brown - $23
Watkins - $5
Tate - $8

Total spent = $52 ($48 left)

Above could be the core starters and is pretty good but I have enough money for 1 more stud in auction. I will need to fill in 11 more players for TE, D, PK and more backups either way. So one of the 11 could be a star and the rest will be $1-$5 players. Based on history, here are what some options will go for in auction

Leveon Bell, David Johnson or Zeke - $25
Odell, Julio - $21
Rodgers - $19
Keenan Allen - $17
Gronk, Kelce - $16

Obviously the cheaper the stud, the more $ for other team needs.
- QB is iffy if Wentz doesn't play like an MVP again
- RB is strong but could go for one of the top 5 listed above
- I could sign Keenan at $17 now but then couldn't afford any other studs

Where would you spend the money left is the question?
wow, great team Walt!

Honestly you should be fine at Qb, Wentz IMO won't start till week 3 or so, but Eli in his on and off year play should be on, and they seem to have addressed the O-line and have Barkley now to take pressure off. Plus a happy OBJ!
Kamara is a stud especially in ppr, and Howard will get you solid pts too. Cohen could be a wild card, as I have heard he will be the Tyreek Hill of this offense....
Brown and Tate at Wr are really great in PPR. I will say I am NOT a Watkins fan, so if you could lose him, do it and use that money for a stud.

If I was going to spend the bucks, this year may be the year to grab Gronk. N.E. is down to three wrs to start the season until Edelmen gets back from suspension, so you know Brady will go heavy Gronk.

If not, then go heavy for D.J. or Bell, you could afford to sit on Bell if he holds out due to your depth at Rb already.

Walter34

To dump Watkins, I would take a $7 cap hit to get out of his contract so kind of stuck with him. Not bad at $5 but want a better flex option

Gronk - hmmm - tough one. You may be right. debating between him and the stud RB at the higher price point

By the way, this team last year went 12-1. The one loss was on a scoring change that happened 3 days after I thought I won. Lost the SB which resulted in $0 winnings. :mad:

ExperiencedRookie

Set my week 1 dynasty lineup. Pick 2-3 RBs, 3-4 WRs

Kareem Hunt @LAC
Devonta Freeman @Philly
Dion Lewis @MIA
Antonio Brown @CLE
DeAndre Hopkins @NEP
Michael Thomas V TB
Demaryius Thomas V SEA
Keelan Cole @NYG

Phicinfan

Administrator
Set my week 1 dynasty lineup. Pick 2-3 RBs, 3-4 WRs

Kareem Hunt @LAC
Devonta Freeman @Philly
Dion Lewis @MIA
Antonio Brown @CLE
DeAndre Hopkins @NEP
Michael Thomas V TB
Demaryius Thomas V SEA
Keelan Cole @NYG
Sorry been a bit tasked...
I would go Freeman, Hunt, Brown, Hopkins, Thomas and Cole

I am really leery of Lewis til I see what his role will be. I also think DT may lose touches to youngsters and Sanders.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Is this a ppr league? Usually that's a nice thing to know when writing out a prescription but in this case it wouldn't matter one bit to me and my diagnosis.

Leave Lewis on the bench. I'd like to be cute here and go with Cole and he may well be the better play but I prescribe Thomas against a ravaged Hawk defense and suggest we watch the Jaqs target distribution this week. Good luck and be sure to tip the receptionist on your way out. :)

ExperiencedRookie

Is this a ppr league? Usually that's a nice thing to know when writing out a prescription but in this case it wouldn't matter one bit to me and my diagnosis.

Leave Lewis on the bench. I'd like to be cute here and go with Cole and he may well be the better play but I prescribe Thomas against a ravaged Hawk defense and suggest we watch the Jaqs target distribution this week. Good luck and be sure to tip the receptionist on your way out. :)
Sorry. 0.5 PPR.

I was leaning towards DT in the flex, but I'm not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.