2013 NFL Week Eight- In or Out & Other Stuff

ExperiencedRookie

Josh Freeman will remain the Vikings' starting quarterback for Week 8. :shakeshead:
No surprise here. They threw him to the wolves after only 4 practices, then gave him a game plan that barely involved AP. If they would go with Cassel after screwing him over in that fashion, it would be a joke.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
AP isn't going to help him throw accurate except maybe and I mean maybe on the dump offs.
Okay, while he has never been "Robin Hood" he also hasn't been that bad. I am not a huge fan, but when given some tools, and time, he has performed in the past. I am wondering if some of the misses was due to not being sure where the Wr was going.

cctekguy

Staff member
And you're expecting him to get better?

Yes, I am.

Getting out from under Schiano's thumb will do him wonders.

Schiano has had Glennon under his wing since high school and there was no stopping him from helping the boy into the pros. Freeman has been dogged ever since Glennon became NFL ready. Give Josh a level playing field and I think you will see a great improvement.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Yea, Brandon Weeden has been benched.

Henne draws the start for the Jags as expected.

Amendola has returned to practice today. Not expected to be a full practice but a great sign after he was knocked cold by the Saints.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Yea, Brandon Weeden has been benched.

Henne draws the start for the Jags as expected.

Amendola has returned to practice today. Not expected to be a full practice but a great sign after he was knocked cold by the Saints.
Is Henne a lock? I just saw a report that Gabbert has been given medical release and is back practicing again

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
According to sources he's going to draw the start. Speculation goes on to say that Gabbert may not get another start barring injury to Henne.

Phicinfan

Administrator
According to sources he's going to draw the start. Speculation goes on to say that Gabbert may not get another start barring injury to Henne.
I wondered about that. Just a heads up as well, rumor is Khan is going for a fire sale, may be looking to deal Blackmon to get more picks for rebuild

ExperiencedRookie

I wondered about that. Just a heads up as well, rumor is Khan is going for a fire sale, may be looking to deal Blackmon to get more picks for rebuild
Wow. BAD idea. Blackmon is super talented.

I don't understand why they cant just start Henne and do the best they can for now. He's not that awful. Ive always felt that hes a better option than Gabbert

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Christian Ponder is now expected to start this week for the Vigings. Josh Freeman has been diagnosed with a concussion.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Starks returned to practice today for Green Bay while J Jones did not.

RB Murray got in a little bit of work today at practice for the CowBoys.