1st 2010 NFL Mock Discussion Thread

Runnik's Hambones

Yeah I know of those rumors, and it makes complete sense. The Jags are getting blacked out for Christ's sake. Tebow is from Jax, and SO many FL students and alum will be at those games cheering Timmy on. The Jags will save the franchise with a Tebow draft (In fact, fire Del Rio and hire Urban Meyer as well, hehe). My point is that I don't know if Tebow is a top 10 pick. I understand that even if he isn't, he's worth the pick if he can save the franchise. Is it possible that someone like Tebow has the potential to drop all the way to the Jags in the 2nd round? Or is he a clear cut 1st round draft pick at QB?

bobbeaux

Yeah I know of those rumors, and it makes complete sense. The Jags are getting blacked out for Christ's sake. Tebow is from Jax, and SO many FL students and alum will be at those games cheering Timmy on. The Jags will save the franchise with a Tebow draft (In fact, fire Del Rio and hire Urban Meyer as well, hehe). My point is that I don't know if Tebow is a top 10 pick. I understand that even if he isn't, he's worth the pick if he can save the franchise. Is it possible that someone like Tebow has the potential to drop all the way to the Jags in the 2nd round? Or is he a clear cut 1st round draft pick at QB?

if the real draft goes much like this one has started off, the rams may be looking for a qb of the future with their next pick . . . ;)

Runnik's Hambones

Wait, are you implying that the Rams would be looking for Tebow as the 2nd round QB? Quite honestly I don't see it... There are options that are going to go before him if he drops to the 2nd round. Hell, Tony Pike will likely still be sitting there.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Nice picks so far by all. I am surprised I am not getting guff for the Bryant pick. Most mock drafts I have seen have White going mid first round. Earliest I have seen is Denver at #10.

I just think Cleveland needs some kind of playmaker at Wr and Wr is NOT deep in this draft.

Last edited by a moderator:

Orgazmo

IT'S GARBAGE DAY
Nice picks so far by all. I am surprised I am not getting guff for the White pick. Most mock drafts I have seen have White going mid first round. Earliest I have seen is Denver at #10.

I just think Cleveland needs some kind of playmaker at Wr and Wr is NOT deep in this draft.

White pick blows, but the Bryant pick is good. Cleveland needs reliable receivers, and he's a great prospect. With all the picks they've accrued I can't imagine too many hating this pick.

bobbeaux

Wait, are you implying that the Rams would be looking for Tebow as the 2nd round QB? Quite honestly I don't see it... There are options that are going to go before him if he drops to the 2nd round. Hell, Tony Pike will likely still be sitting there.

not necessarily, but just stating that they are a team that would/should be looking for a qb, among other positions . . . myself, i think the rams REALLY need to shore up their o-line 1st and foremost . . . yeah, their defense needs help too, but i think their defense is basically going into each game knowing they are going to be on the field for the majority of the day . . . ;)

Phicinfan

Administrator
White pick blows, but the Bryant pick is good. Cleveland needs reliable receivers, and he's a great prospect. With all the picks they've accrued I can't imagine too many hating this pick.

:fixed:

sigh...man I am really starting to lose it.

Runnik's Hambones

Nice picks so far by all. I am surprised I am not getting guff for the Bryant pick. Most mock drafts I have seen have White going mid first round. Earliest I have seen is Denver at #10.

I dunno, I think personally you should have selected LeBron James here.... :p

efactor

Coming at you
Hello Ram................ Perhaps we should put this guy on the Ciron 'Black' list

With Rams great knowledge of football, take some random guy that is graded out in the mid 5th round and plug him in....................:duckhunt:

WesDawg

'Burghapologist
If the Jags are that hellbent on Tebow, they'd have to trade back INTO the early 2nd round to get him if they didn't burn that 1st rounder on him since NE owns their pick. If the Rams, Skins, and Seahawks don't take QB's in the first for some odd reason (not far-fetched), Jax would have no chance at the Savior in the 2nd.
Don't forget Cleveland, Buffalo, and/or Oakland also.

I personally liked the Bryant pick because it makes perfect sense. Although 90% of every early mock I've seen has someone else specifically going there and he hasn't been picked yet here.

DearbornDolfan

You guys have no idea how ecstatic I am Jerry Hughes fell to me. I honestly didn't think it was possible. Hell, I had problems choosing which OLB I wanted, there are so many first rounders this year, but Hughes is the best of the lot.

WesDawg

'Burghapologist
I like Hughes alot, but McLain is one of my favorite players in this entire draft and he made great sense going to Denver.
On a fantastic defense, 'Bama had first round talent at all 3 levels in Cody, McLain, and Arenas. I'll argue that McLain's field coverage made the other 2 guys a little better. He's the biggest reason they hoisted that goofy crystal thingy in my opinion and had a historic season, more so than Mark Ingram. He'll be an impactful LB from week 1 in the Willis/Beason/Ruud mold.

Phicinfan

Administrator
I like Hughes alot, but McLain is one of my favorite players in this entire draft and he made great sense going to Denver.
On a fantastic defense, 'Bama had first round talent at all 3 levels in Cody, McLain, and Arenas. I'll argue that McLain's field coverage made the other 2 guys a little better. He's the biggest reason they hoisted that goofy crystal thingy in my opinion and had a historic season, more so than Mark Ingram. He'll be an impactful LB from week 1 in the Willis/Beason/Ruud mold.
McClain was who I was thinking for Cleveland as well. He is an incredible talent, and will be a tackling machine at ILB for Denver or whoever eventually gets him.

As stated, the main driver of why I went Bryant instead of McClain....is the lack of Depth at Wr, and the dire need for Cleveland after losing all the off. talent last year.