1st 2010 NFL Mock Discussion Thread

MNJHNSN

I went with JONES as he was the best DT left on the board. The need for a solid DT in Oakland is so great that it necessitated the pick here. I could also have went OL but with the depth that remains, Ill wait till rd 3.

mills

Went with Charles Brown here. Seattle needs a top flight tackle to protect our two newest investments in Bradford and Spiller. Brown was with Carroll for his tenure at USC so he will be comfortable working in his system, will acclimate quickly and should start right away.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Solid Choice.

I went with Lamarr Houston for Buffalo. Solid 3 down DT for the Bills, and good vs the run, which is what they need if they want to compete against the power games of the Jets and Miami.

I didnt see enough value in what was left on the board at QB to pull the trigger there.

WesDawg

'Burghapologist
Was praying for Brown to fall to me so I can start replacing the swinging gates known as the 2009 Pittsburgh Steelers offensive linemen. Good choice.
Initially I thought Mike Iupati was a bit too high at #18 but after his stellar Senior Bowl week, I'll be looking at him there when/if we do our 2nd member's mock and get another safety I really like with my 2nd rounder.

Runnik's Hambones

The Bucs are looking for weapons on offense for Josh Freeman and though I was a little torn with this pick, I love Dexter McCluster. I've been talking him up all year and now he's starting to get noticed a bit more with his incredible Senior Bowl practices.

I told virtually all of my friends, back before the middle of the season, that Dexter McCluster is better than Percy Harvin was a senior at FL. I still hold true to that statement. Even though he's a small guy he's very tough and has amazing hands. The Bucs would be able to use him as a receiver, RB, return man, you name it, McCluster can do it. Figured he'd be a nice addition to start building this team with Caddy, Freeman, Winslow and Stroughter.

storminn0rm

Brewmaster
The Bucs are looking for weapons on offense for Josh Freeman and though I was a little torn with this pick, I love Dexter McCluster. I've been talking him up all year and now he's starting to get noticed a bit more with his incredible Senior Bowl practices.

I told virtually all of my friends, back before the middle of the season, that Dexter McCluster is better than Percy Harvin was a senior at FL. I still hold true to that statement. Even though he's a small guy he's very tough and has amazing hands. The Bucs would be able to use him as a receiver, RB, return man, you name it, McCluster can do it. Figured he'd be a nice addition to start building this team with Caddy, Freeman, Winslow and Stroughter.

I love McCluster! Was really hoping he would fall. Nice addition to the TB roster!

MNJHNSN

Dexter McCluster is also from around this area. He went to Largo High School. I actually played against him 3 times in the span of 2 years.

I respect and support the take local ideology, but there are just too many other options at WR to take MCCLUSTER this early. TB needs a stud WR because Stroughter is not a stud, he will contribute but they need a big, tough playmaking WR. I love him too but in my opinion, there is no way he is a second rounder.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
I disagree, just because McCluster can do SO much for that team. It was like drafting a PR, KR, WR, and 2nd/3rd down back all in one.

mills

There have been plenty of WR studs past the first round, a couple that come to mind...

Greg Jennings.... 2nd Round...
Vincent Jackson... 2nd Round...
Brandon Marshall... 4th Round...
Marques Colston... 7th Round...
Miles Austin... Undrafted FA...
Wes Welker... Undrafted FA...

MNJHNSN

There have been plenty of WR studs past the first round, a couple that come to mind...

Greg Jennings.... 2nd Round...
Vincent Jackson... 2nd Round...
Brandon Marshall... 4th Round...
Marques Colston... 7th Round...
Miles Austin... Undrafted FA...
Wes Welker... Undrafted FA...

I think Roddy White was a 4th rounder. I am not saying that there are no stud wideouts taken in rd 2. I am saying that MCLUSKER is not a Rd two WR.

mills

I think Roddy White was a 4th rounder. I am not saying that there are no stud wideouts taken in rd 2. I am saying that MCLUSKER is not a Rd two WR.

And what I'm saying is... teams thought Brandon Marshall wasn't a 2nd round WR and now they will pay first round for him.

mills

I'm not saying that at all, I'm saying you don't know what you're getting sometimes. I bet you didn't think Brandon Marshall would be the next Terrell Owens either. (This isn't a fact but I have seen on multiple occasions, Marshall being compared to Owens)