1/18/09 - Baltimore Ravens @ Pittsburgh Steelers

Coachnorm

Baltimore Defense: Suggs A Game Time Decision

Jamison Hensley, of The Baltimore Sun, reports Baltimore Ravens LB Terrell Suggs (shoulder) said he is not sure if he will be able to play in the AFC Championship because an MRI shows a potentially serious shoulder injury which he could injury further if he plays. Another Baltimore paper suggests a three man rotation may replace Suggs if he doesn't go.

Edward Lee, of The Baltimore Sun, reports Baltimore Ravens LB Jameel McClain, LB Edgar Jones and DE Marques Douglas may see extended snaps LB Terrell Suggs (shoulder) is not able to play in the AFC Championship game. The team likely would move to a 4-3 alignment when Douglas was in the game.

Suggs is a Game Time Decision at this point and probably won't see the practice field this week.

Mr. Hack

Local MMA Guru
I've got my bones on Pittsburgh... we saw how they performed with a healthier offense than usual last week. They can handle it, just as they have already this year. Sweep. Very low scoring game. 13-10

discoverecology

Revvin' for Seven!!
I'm taking my shirt off if pittsburgh goes up by three touchdowns in the 10* temperature! My wife says then we will go to the hospital for my pneumonia and miss the Super Bowl game but who cares? It's only money!:fire:

Coachnorm

According to ESPN's John Clayton, the Ravens are legitimately concerned that CB Samari Rolle (groin) will miss Sunday's AFC Championship game. Clayton says that "players seemed to be talking as if (Rolle) would miss the game," and says he also hurt his ankle in Baltimore's Divisional Round win.

Beermutts

Raven Maniac
Black & Gold here

Flacco's a fluke

A Division 2 QB that leads his team to a 11-5 record ( which could of been 14-2) and wins 2 road playoff games without throwing an INT or getting sacked. All this without a #3WR to speak of. Rookie,yes Fluke I don't think so...

Remote Controller

I think this will be an incredible game. Two top bruising defenses, beating the hell out of each other. However, I hope they don't beat each other to the point of losing key people for the superbowl. Lets not make the Eagles title too easy ;)
The Ravens are truly lucky to be here, after the Titans handed them the game last week. The Steelers Def is even better, and I think the Ravens season ends here.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
The Steelers will win this game. They are more talented overall IMO, healthier, and I trust Roeth in a big game more than Flacco. The Racvens are a good team and a NASTy defense! This will be a slug fest, but in the end the Steelers wear them down. Remember, this is a beat up Ravens team that just walked through a war with the Titians last week. This same Ravens team has not had a bye week since week 2! That is a ton of football wiht no rest and with another tough physical team stanading in their way, I think this is the week they break down. Ravens keep it close early, Steelers pull away in the the 2nd half and make a statement with this win.

Ravens 10
Steelers 24

Remote Controller

Not luck RC, its called heart and soul and the Ravens had more of it than the Titans did!
I give you the part that they had the heart, but they were given the game on a platter, and should have lost by double digits. They have suprised me all year thus far, and they might suprise me again. I won't be disappointed if they do, for I have no prefrerence in this one. just a feeling that the Steelers win.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
I have a preference....i hope I'm DEAD wrong and the Rat Birds kick the hell out of them damn steelers......

GlennsPatriots

Meatwhistle
I think, in order for BAL to win...
they'll need to fold Ben Roethlesburger in half, backwards, like they did to Chris Johnson TEN last week.

(That was quite disgusting to watch by the way)

Orgazmo

IT'S GARBAGE DAY
Ravens will need turnovers. Reed hasn't picked off Ben in a long time if ever (can't remember the stat) and Suggs has one arm. Game might be close in the first half but adrenaline only takes you so far. Pitt should widen the gap over the second half.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Turnovers will be key here.

You beat the Steelers, by making Ben pass more than 30 times. If Baltimore can stuff the run(which they can) and make Ben pass, they will force turnovers...and thus win the game.

If Pittsburgh can do what no one else has, and make Flacco throw INTs, they will win.

I know all the hype. I know Pittsburgh has won twice already, but barely. I know Baltimore is running on fumes, as their bye was week 2. I just have a gut feeling. My gut says...they turn Ben into a pretzel, and FWP gets stuffed. In a close game, I take Baltimore.