Wildcard Weekend Predictions!

German CTL

Circle City Outlaw
Great weekend of football coming up!!!

Cincy @ Houston - I'm leaning towards the Bengals in this one but its gonna be close. When the Texans lost Schaub they lost any hope of going deep into these playoffs IMO. This one goes down to the wire and Cincy pulls off the minor upset 20-17.

Detroit @ New Orleans - I grew fond of the Lions this year after watching Stafford and Calvin lead me to the promised land in my local money league and I'll definitely be rooting for them. But I just think that the Saints will be too much for them in the SuperDome. Saints move on, 38-27.

Atlanta @ NYG - Two evenly matched teams here IMO. The Giants are slight favorites at home and I think they'll pull it off. Eli, Nicks and Cruz should have good games and I like the Giants get it done, 27-24.

Pittsburgh @ Denver - I see this game going one of two ways : Its either gonna be a real snoozer and the Steelers win a tight, low scoring game... Like 13-7. Or the Steelers show up and blow the Broncos and their lame-duck QB outta the water, something to the tune of 35-10. Either way I'd be shocked to see the Broncos score enough points to win.

So the divisional matches would be as follows :

Steelers @ Pats, Bengals @ Ravens, Giants @ Packers and Saints @ 49ers... Goodtimes!

What say you Outlaws?

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
So the divisional matches would be as follows :

Steelers @ Pats, Bengals @ Ravens, Giants @ Packers and Saints @ 49ers... Goodtimes!

What say you Outlaws?
In your scenario, the actual match-ups in the AFC would be Bengals @ Pats and Steelers @ Ravens. Cincy is the 6th seed and if they win, automatically go to NE no matter what else happens.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Cincinnati @ Houston - Call me a homer, but I like the Bengals in this spot. Houston edged them out a couple weeks ago in a game that Cincy controlled. This is Houston's first playoff game in franchise history and first in a long time for the city. I think the event will be a little too big for them and Cincy pulls off the upset and moves on. Cincy 23; Houston 17

Detroit @ New Orleans - Should be plenty of fireworks in this one, but the Saits at home are just too good for the upstart Lions. New Orleans moves on. New Orleans 45, Detroit 27

Atlanta @ New York - Which Giants team will you get? Your guess is as good as mine. Atlanta and Ryan seem to be peaking at the right time, I will go with them to get a tough road win. Atlanta 27; New York 24

Pittsburgh @ Denver - Watch out Tebow.....yes, that was the kitchen sink Dick Lebeau just tossed at you. This one will be UGLY! Steelers destroy them. Pitt 24, Denver 3

Would set up:
Cincinnati @ New England
Pittsburgh @ Baltimore

Atlanta @ Green Bay
New Orleans @ San Francisco

German CTL

Circle City Outlaw
In your scenario, the actual match-ups in the AFC would be Bengals @ Pats and Steelers @ Ravens. Cincy is the 6th seed and if they win, automatically go to NE no matter what else happens.

Oops, the bracket I was looking at got me all backwards... Thanks for clearing that up.

TexanGrrl

Wonder Woman
I think a lot of folks will underestimate Houston. Defense wins championships, fella's. Now it's time for Wade Phillips to really mess with y'all. :)

xqj47alpha

Banned
Bengals at Houston is the only rematch from the regular season, something of a rarity imho (Texans won by one at Cincy).
Yates threw for 300 yards and the game wining td pass with 6 seconds remaining in his second game under center.

so...donkey throws dart at the spinning wheel...Houston!

Steelers at Broncos - everything says Pittsburgh, but who really deserves this one?
Tebow!

Falcons at Giants - Atl pick NY clean.

Lions at Saints - The Niners are already soaking down the Stick for the Saints.

Cerberus

In Dog We Trust
Cincinnati @ Houston - This is a tough matchup that should lead to a good game. Even tho Cincy travels, Houston has some serious QB issues. Houston will have to score a defensive TD here i think to be able to win this one. Didn't Cincy have a top 3 defense for most of the year? Cincy played good against the Ravens D and houston is no Baltimore, YET. Thinking Cincy by 7.

Detroit @ New Orleans - NO has peaked at the right time and they are at home. They are my favorite to win it all and i will continue to ride the NO bandwagon til they prove me wrong. This game will be close for the 1st half but NO takes over and by the mid way point in the 4th its over. NO by double digits, lets say 14.

Atlanta @ New York - The best thing about this game is the winner will lose the following week. Not a NY fan, just dont like Eli for some reason. Atlanta can only win at home in the playoffs and this is a road game in the cold outside. And thi is not the same team that beat GB at GB in the playoffs years back. If it was they would have had a better record this season. This comes down to NY defense and Atlanta offense. TOs will be the difference i am thinking and NY, only since they are at home , wins this by 4.

Pittsburgh @ Denver - Tebow-maina is over til next season. And lets see what he does after teams have had the time and film to stop him. Denver doesn't have the offense to play Steeler ball this weekend. Pit has been up and down on offense all season. They either score alot or barely get into double digits to win it. Either way defense has been their savior so far this season. If Troy and Ben are healthy then this might end up being a blowout. If not just a closer game but still the same outcome. Pittsburgh by 10.

Coachnorm

For 91 years we have had only two QBs throw for 5,000 yards. This year we have two 5,000 yard QBs playing in the same Playoff game.

Cerberus

In Dog We Trust
Well didn't see that coming. Yes Pit was banged up but so is everybody else by this time of the year and thats no excuse to lose a game. Denver outplayed them all day. And Tebow showed some serious signs of being a QB in this league by having his best game against the #1 pass defense in the league. It would have been a shame if Pit would have won by the way they played.