UPDATE: Khris and Ryan's Fantasy Football Podcast

Coachnorm

We would love more time on air, we greatly enjoy doing the show and interactions with anyone that participates. As far as getting a second hour on WBUL, according to policy or tradition, there might be an issue. However, comments from our wonderful listeners on the wbul page asking for more air time or emails to the station manager could never hurt.

Also, just curious. We'll have a decision to make when the fall comes around about show times. Would people prefer a later time slot into the evening? or a mid afternoon time slot similar to the current air time?

Interesting you should ask this. Miller sounds like he would prefer a little later. A bit of a problem for some outlaws would probably be that they are in later timezones so the show is actually earlier for them, at least live.

How about some questions about what you to look forward to time slot wise. Would you perfer two hour shows? or Two one hour shows? During the actual season two shows may be great. A tuesday show with what happened over the weekend. Callers bitching how Turner the Burner tourched them. A friday show more picks for the week and injury updates? Sounds like two two hour shows maybe pushing the station policy envelope?

I will work up some website comments and emails to the station manager with out overwheling him.

I would hope other Outlaws would themselves.

Last edited by a moderator:

ExperiencedRookie

How about some questions about what you to look forward to time slot wise. Would you perfer two hour shows? or Two one hour shows? During the actual season two shows may be great. A tuesday show with what happened over the weekend. Callers bitching how Turner the Burner tourched them. A friday show more picks for the week and injury updates? Sounds like two two hour shows maybe pushing the station policy envelope?

That's a good thought Coach. 2 shows would work well also.

Tuesday's hour could be the past weekend's activities, and a Thursday show could be looking forward to the following weekend with waiver advise, sit em and start em stuff, ect ect.

Good luck to you guys going forward. I enjoyed what little I've heard of the show so far, and will be a future listener.

Bayton

Getting an additional hour depends upon accrued air time. i.e. how many semesters the show has been on the air. We need 1 semester accrued in order to get a second hour. As I recall, the summer semester does not count. These were the answers we received before we ever did our first show when we inquired about having a 2nd hour. This is still early as we haven't talked to him about it since and there is plenty of time for things to happen.

As far as a setup, an idealistic setup would be two 1 hour shows would probably be best as far as segmenting the content from the previous week into the first hour. Then, in the 2nd show at a later time in the week, do the second hour with the focus on the coming games when injuries and more info becomes resolved.

However, there are some other things to consider. When USF football plays a game the normal shows get bumped to a different frequency. With 2 thursday night games and 1 friday night game, this is also something to be considered. Also the NFL network thursday night games need to be taken into account.

But, it's still really early and Khris and I haven't discussed much at all about the fall semester and as people know, life can change in an instant. So, these questions are more just feelers trying to see what other people think and when would be an ideal time to allow people to participate if they choose too.

Oh, its the program manager, not the station manager. :)

Runnik's Hambones

As Ryan said, our ideal situation would be (obviously considering the station's rules) two one hour shows a week. As also stated perhaps a Tuesday/Thursday or Tuesday/Friday show. With that said, I'm actually doing play-by-play this fall for USF Football (woot!!!), so Thursday night and Friday night games, I'll be there (Possibly even the away games!!! You heard me, away games!!! We may be traveling with the team!!).

We have no idea how the fall with shape out, or if they'll even give us a second hour. Again, requests for more air time doesn't hurt and it's nice to see people would like to listen to us more. It appears later shows would benefit our audience the most so we'll keep that discussion open with you guys.

WesDawg

'Burghapologist
I'm moving to Little Rock next month. Little Rock is 2 hours from memphis.

Can we say "In-studio guest"? LOL

All of this is nice and all, but I'm talking to Rachelle on Tuesday, so who freakin' cares?!?!

The Ram

Half Man, Half Amazing
If you can try to get the evening commute timeslot (4pm - 6pm). I'd love to call sometime.

Coachnorm

Traveling with the team that would be an adventure!!

Calling the Bulls games is a great job. more air time exposure.

Possibly a seperate show on USF sports every week also. This would get you more air time and bigger campus reps at the same time.

Runnik's Hambones

I'm moving to Little Rock next month. Little Rock is 2 hours from memphis.

Can we say "In-studio guest"? LOL

All of this is nice and all, but I'm talking to Rachelle on Tuesday, so who freakin' cares?!?!

That would be sweet, if we were in Memphis. I'm from Memphis but we're in Tampa. What that does mean is freaking great BBQ for you!

RZR

Sun-kissed & restless
Wes, you posed a great question last week when you called in about an expansion team forming for LA. As the story continues to unfold, it seems the local discussion is only focused on bringing a team here from another Market. Interestingly, although not surprising in the least, this notion seems to be digging up emotions on both sides of the coin. Some local fans are still scarred from watching their Rams or Raiders pack up and move to greener pastures. Theory is... LA's too well known as a vacation spot and not a place you'd really like to live in - especially for east coast teams like Jacksonville. My guess is that the Chargers are the most likely candidate for the job and option fans on both sides might agree on. Stay tuned... I'll be calling in with updates as they unfold.

If I'm keeping score right (guys correct me if I'm wrong)... you're in the lead for the most show call-ins.

ER... you gotta get on the board.