UPDATE: Khris and Ryan's Fantasy Football Podcast

Runnik's Hambones

Hello everyone! I want to start off by saying thank you for listening last season, and thank you for being as interested as you are in listening still. I've received quite a few emails from people asking when we were going to start recording again.

Over the last few weeks I have been in contact with WBUL 1620 (USF's radio station). After nagging a bit and admittedly being quite obnoxious, I got the producers there to listen to our podcast a bit and they have decided that they would like for us to move our show to the radio station! Now, this is huge for us, and we cannot express how excited we are. The last conversation we had about it was with the producer and he said it will likely take us about 2-3 weeks to learn how to use all of the equipment and then, once that's complete, we can start our show, live, on the air, in a real freaking studio!!!!

There's more: In our training we will learn how to produce shows, feed switches and we will work on doing play-by-play so that we can help out with all USF sports, and broadcast during games, in addition to our fantasy football show. This will get us prepared also for the fall, so that we can call the USF football team's games.

Ryan and I can't express how excited we are about this. After doing a season of the podcast and seeing how much we enjoyed it, and feeling as if we're "moving up" from my room with my iMac, to a full fledged, brand new radio studio. I cannot even express how appreciative we are to Sports Outlaw.

Mike, thanks for giving us the time of day and encouragement to get our names and our work out there. You really believed in our show and I can't tell you how much that means.

Same to you, Miller, Sgt, MJ, and Coachnorm. You guys have been the front runners of our listeners and support. Thank you.

Sports Outlaw rules. Because of that I'm still going to talk you guys up.

After hanging out in the studio and working on things there, I found out that on the website they podcast every show, and Khris and Ryan's Fantasy Football will forever be Sports Outlaw's Official Fantasy Football Podcast. So, we will still be here for all of you to listen to, and we're still going to be SO's first and only fantasy football podcast.

Mike, I'm going to talk with the IT guys and see if they can give me the RSS Feed URL for the new podcasts from the show. If that happens perhaps we can figure this damn thing out and get our show on the website that way.

This thread is to update you all on the status of the show. So, a quick recap: Khris and Ryan's Fantasy Football Podcast will now be on the radio! They will still podcast our radio shows, so they will still be Sports Outlaw's Official Fantasy Football Podcast. Thank you all for your support.

WesDawg

'Burghapologist
This is fantastic news for you guys! As a rabid fan of talk/sports talk radio, I will be anxious to see how this pans out. You already have a leg up as far as content goes, being able to pull from the thoughts and opinions of hundreds of "amateur wannabe's" like myself. LOL!

Any chance they'll give you access to on-air interviews with some of the pro prospects from USF such as Selvie and Grothe?

Congrats bro, this has to be exciting for you guys.

Runnik's Hambones

When we briefly discussed next season's football there was talk of on-field interviews and in studio interviews as well. I'm assuming we will be able to talk with coach Leavitt, Grothe, Selvie and whomever we can get in touch with.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
:cheers: This is freaking outstanding Kris and Ryan!! I am extremely excited for you and this is a tremendous opportunity. Can't wait to hear this get going on the radio and see your career's in the industry sky rocket!

I'm still in for a guest spot on the Draft show if your still interested, with the radio set up, should be able to take it as a call in....just let me know.

Once again, congrats, this is very exciting news!

Mike

Administrator
Sounds great! Yet another person achieves something nice from the work they do here, always great to see it happen.

Looks like we may be getting a strong USF following here at S/O pretty soon :)

Runnik's Hambones

Yet another update! Ryan and I left WBUL today after scheduling with the producer times in which to come in and train with the equipment. During our interview and scheduling, the producer told us that during the summer, WBUL is going to HD FM radio. No longer will they simply be a campus wide broadcast. They will now be broadcasted over the entire Tampa Bay area, far enough for all 4 USF campuses to hear.

Sports Outlaw's Official Fantasy Football Podcast with Khris and Ryan will be broadcasted, live, every week, for the 3 million people living in the Tampa Bay area!!!!!

SO may get more than just USF students, Mike ;)

Coachnorm

Wow, That ends up being a lot of coverage. Maybe I should run an antenna wire up to the top of my palm tree and see if I can pick it up.

Runnik's Hambones

LOL, maybe! I know that we will be broadcasted as far south as at least Sarasota, but Naples is the tip of 75 so, try it out!

Oh and Miller, they do call ins. I asked the producer today about that, so when I get more information after my first session of training (Monday), I'll let you know.

Open invite to all SO members as well for call ins.

Bayton

Yea, The upgrade to HD FM was news to us both and probably the best news that could have happened. As far as I know, right now and in the future any and all shows can be streamed live over the website, as well as archived podcasts of past shows. So, even if you aren't in the tampa area you can listen live and have an opportunity to participate.

As always, the support we've received from the SO community is much appreciated. With some luck, as we go toward the summer then fall, we can air during a good time slot. We hope we can get through the training and on air test quickly and be up and running in 2 weeks. Just IN TIME FOR THE DRAFT!!

Runnik's Hambones

Good point Bayton. Currently on WBUL's website you can listen to the live shows.

Seriously, he's not kidding, when Robbie told us that the show would be HD FM and would broadcast all over Tampa Bay, our jaws hit the floor.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
that is SWEET news!

Just let me know what I need to ro Kris and Ryan, I'm good to go for your draft show.

Runnik's Hambones

Another update: Ryan went in last Friday for an individual run down of all the in-studio equipment. On Sunday I helped the sports team set up all of the equipment at the baseball game, then they showed me the equipment in-studio. I stuck around with the producer and half way through the game he told me to take over. So I got to produce half of USF's baseball game yesterday. Today I went in for my individual training but most of it I knew because of the producing yesterday.

I set up a day and time (Tuesday, April 14, 2009, 4-5pm) for Ryan and I to go in together and do our first training session together. We'll have an hour to work on things together and do a sound check and mock show.

Tomorrow we're meeting up after classes to discuss the show and do some research/preparations for the draft special.

The way it's looking, we should be on the air with our first show the week of April 20th (Draft week). Our first on air show will likely be Khris and Ryan's Fantasy Football NFL Draft Special.

Miller I will continue to keep you posted on when we'll be on air and all the info you'll need.

Thanks.

Runnik's Hambones

It's Official! After tonight, Ryan and I are now members of WBUL!

Our show: Fantasy Football Outlaws, will be live, on air every Tuesday from 4-5 pm, starting next week.

It will be a draft special so we'll have to squeeze it all in as best we can (32 teams in 60 minutes, and an introduction!). Hopefully we can get Miller to call in as well.

If you'd like to listen to us live, we'll be on at that time and you can stream it at
WBUL 1620am | The University of South Florida's student radio station | Tampa's college station

They also podcast the shows so if you miss it but would like to listen later you can always do that as well.

Ryan and I are extremely excited, this is a very big deal for us and we'd like to thank you all for your continued support and listening to us rant about football.