Montana or Marino, who'd you want on your fantasty team

Which great QB would you want leading your team?

• Montana

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Marino

Votes: 15 71.4%

• Total voters

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Let's assume they are each in their prime playing for the teams that made them stars. Which QB would you want leading your fantasy team and would you take either one of them in the first round?

derringer007

"Its An Outrage"
I picked Marino.

Marino's career stats are by far better than Montana's which IMO makes him the better fantasy QB.

No doubt Marino ended up with better totals but Montana was the better QB on the better team. Because SF had a much more balanced offense Joe did not accumulate the stats Dan did.

I would take Montana because it would be a question of quality over quantity but I would doubt it would be in the 1st round - maybe wait until someone took Dan and then pull the trigger.

Mike

Administrator
forgot about the round part. I wouldn't take either QB in the first round.

NO doubt it has to be Marino though. It's fantasy and you want the guy that gives you the most points.

bodey24

Staff member
I didn't realize it was for fantasy. For fantasy I would go with Marino, but for my nfl team I would go Montana

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
For fantasy there is no question, it's Marino. But Montanta was the winner and if I was starting a NFL team Montana would be the pick. I want to win games, not accumulate stats in real life.

For fantasy there is no question, it's Marino. But Montanta was the winner and if I was starting a NFL team Montana would be the pick. I want to win games, not accumulate stats in real life.

I would take another player and wait to let someone else take Marino. Montana would then be the man in a heartbeat.

DearbornDolfan

You realize Shula is the winningest coach of all time? You realize he accomplished that by having Marino carry him there? You realize that the ONLY reason Marino never won a ring is because he never had a back worth a damn. Well, that, and ****ing Jimmy Johnson passed up on Randy Moss.

If we're doing an all-time draft where every player is in their prime, I'm taking Marino first and then taking any one of a number of incredible running backs, then drafting the hogs necessary to make sure my team stacks up yards by the bunches.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
do you realize you are a homer and extremely biased....lol

You can have Marino, I'll take Montana. Fact is Dan doesn't have a ring, and Montanta has multiple rings......I like my QB's with Rings.....

derringer007

"Its An Outrage"
Marino broke & set most if not all QB stats records with mediocre teams at best, IMO i dont think Montana would have done near as well as he did if not for Bill Walsh's genius like offensive system.

If the tables were turned, Marino would have the SB wins and not Montana.

Real or fantasy, Marino was the better of the two. as Montana cashed in on the system.