FA has is beginning in the NFL - what is happening and what is rumored

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Okay I give up.
Eagles sign Nick Foles Qb to a 2 year deal. So you draft Wentz and pay him big salary, AND you are over paying Chase Daniels, why the heck are you paying Foles too????????

Phicinfan

Administrator
Okay I give up.
Eagles sign Nick Foles Qb to a 2 year deal. So you draft Wentz and pay him big salary, AND you are over paying Chase Daniels, why the heck are you paying Foles too????????
Per all reports Eagles have tried to trade Daniel, but will probably release him as he has requested.

On another side note, LeVeon Bell had groin surgery, little late if you ask me...
Dont'a Hightower has visit set up for Pittsburgh, who has LB needs since they lost Timmons

Phicinfan

Administrator
Update for what happened on the 13th:

DeMarcus Ware has retired
Browns showing interest in Geno Smith...no I am not kidding
Andre Roberts Wr signs a one year deal with Atlanta
Rams are supposedly signing an offer sheet for a 2 year deal with Bills RFA Center Ryan Groy - Rams still working to fix OL
Rams sign Cb Kayvon Webster from Denver on a two year deal
Jets want to talk to Josh McCown
Raiders sign Cordarrelle Patterson Wr formerly of Min.
Colts sign G/C Brian Schwenke formerly of Tenn.
Seahawks bringing in TE Jared Cook for a visit
DE Margus Hunt formerly of Cinn. signs with Colts on two year deal - Bengals are losing a lot of depth on O-line and D-Line
3 teams are sniffing around about RFA Isaiah Crowell Cle
As expected Chase Daniel is released by Philly after signing Foles as a back up QB
Chiefs sign Bennie Logan DT formerly with Philly
Chargers release OT King Dunlap

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Malcolm Butler is visiting the Saints as they try to work a deal. Hopefully they can work a trade with the Pats for him because New England gets the Saint's #11 if they sign him away from BellyCheck. We need him but not at that cost considering the $$ he is going to want.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Malcolm Butler is visiting the Saints as they try to work a deal. Hopefully they can work a trade with the Pats for him because New England gets the Saint's #11 if they sign him away from BellyCheck. We need him but not at that cost considering the $$ he is going to want.
Can't do trade. For them to trade for Butler, he would have to sign his tender first, locking in his contract.

One option is, since he is an RFA, is to sign him to a big offer sheet(one N.E. won't match) and then N.E. will get 1st round pick next year as compensation. Not sure Saints was to give up their first though.

hikeNbike

I heard Malcolm Butler for a second round pick. That seems like a good deal for the Saints. I certainly wouldn't give up the 11th pick. That's crazy talk. I think Butler is a solid corner but I don't know he is at the very top and the money he wants is a significant cap hit which lessens his value to a second rounder in my book.

yadda yadda tapatalk

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Bills restricted free agent G/C Ryan Groy has officially signed his two-year, $5 million offer sheet with the Rams.
The Bills now have five days to match. If they decline, they will receive no draft pick compensation, as Groy is a former undrafted free agent tendered at the original-round level.

Texans are interested in Patriots restricted free agent Malcolm Butler, and would be willing to trade a second-round pick.

The Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel reports new Seahawks RB Eddie Lacy weighed 267 pounds at one of his three free agent visits.:eek:

JScott

Administrator
Bills restricted free agent G/C Ryan Groy has officially signed his two-year, $5 million offer sheet with the Rams.
The Bills now have five days to match. If they decline, they will receive no draft pick compensation, as Groy is a former undrafted free agent tendered at the original-round level.

Texans are interested in Patriots restricted free agent Malcolm Butler, and would be willing to trade a second-round pick.

The Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel reports new Seahawks RB Eddie Lacy weighed 267 pounds at one of his three free agent visits.:eek:

They're just going to turn him into a poor man's Bettis.

Phicinfan

Administrator
More signings:
Bengals re-sign OT Andre Smith to a one year deal
Percy Harvin is once again retiring
Vikings sign DE Datone Jones(formely Packers)
Cardinals sign Jarvis Jones away from Pittsburgh
Saints made it necessary for them as they signed Alex Okafor from Arizona
Rumor running around that Cleveland is trying to get Cousins

Phicinfan

Administrator
Steelers reportedly close to signing Justin Hunter Wr formerly of Tenn.
Jeremy Zuttah C Baltimore has been released.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Barring an injury to Brady they can go ahead and give the title to the Pats for next year. It's been a magical 4-5 months for the franchise. I can't wait to see what they do that turns to gold next.