FA has is beginning in the NFL - what is happening and what is rumored

KillerFins

Staff member
I get that it's time to move on from Cutler, but throwing that kind of money for Glennon? Did they not see what happened last year with Osweiler & the Texans?

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Now the Cowboys are expected to trade with Denver or Houston for Romo instead of cutting him.
"Doubt it happens. They know they have to cut him at some point, regardless of what Jones says. I would no way offer trade unless you know he is getting a deal from somewhere else.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Jets looking at Cutler, and have started talking trade with Denver for Siemian if they get Romo.

KillerFins

Staff member
Jets looking at Cutler, and have started talking trade with Denver for Siemian if they get Romo.
I don't get that, you have Siemian through 2018, why not keep both him & lynch as even if Romo bounces back he still is one hit away from his career being over. I get it if you can get a decent pick back, but I wouldn't do it for a mid round pick.

Phicinfan

Administrator
I don't get that, you have Siemian through 2018, why not keep both him & lynch as even if Romo bounces back he still is one hit away from his career being over. I get it if you can get a decent pick back, but I wouldn't do it for a mid round pick.
If they feel good about Lynch this makes sense to me. If he is still not ready, then yeah, no way I deal Siemian.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Cleveland working on OL - sign JC Tretter C formerly of GB, and are extending OG Joel Bitonio
Now reported they have also signed Zeitler OG from Cincinnait. This could be a really good OL next year if they all stay healthy.

KillerFins

Staff member
TE Dion Simms signs with the Bears, Miami quickly finds a replacement with 32 year old Anthony Fasano with a five-year deal.

KillerFins

Staff member
LOL The Texans give browns a 2nd rounder just to take Osweiler!

The Texans have to give the Browns a 2018 second-round draft pick and a 2017 sixth-round pick. The Browns ship a 2017 fourth-round pick to Houston.