FA has is beginning in the NFL - what is happening and what is rumored

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Still there but I'm thinking he might be more expensive? Still he's better than Draughn.

rotoworld.com

Shane Vereen agreed to reduce his base salary from $3.15 million to $2.15 million. Vereen will likely be able to earn some of that money back via incentives. The Giants made it clear Vereen would return when they paid his $500,000 roster bonus earlier this month

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Jets signed WR Quinton Patton, formerly of the 49ers. Patton played his college ball at La. Tech. He's had the bad luck to play without a good QB since he arrived in the NFL. Look for him to settle in as the Jets #3 and that's not saying much at all. :(

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Jay Cutler still unemployed.

In case anyone is interested.

Who gets a job first..Cutler or Kapercluck?
Per multiple sources Kaepernick AND Peterson are pricing themselves out. One report had Kaep wanting $9Million and insisted he get a shot to start. Peterson is reportedly wanting $8-$9 million as well. Too pricey for an aged back. Although Peterson is now working out with Tampa's Qb.

I have not heard any news on Cutler, none, other than the naked butt photo his wife posted. Only rumor I heard is some think he may retire.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Rb Tim Hightower signs in San Fran.
Rb Adrien Peterson is off to NE to visit, that would be an interesting fit.

Phicinfan

Administrator
About to be announced, Dallas will release Tony Romo today, but he is reported as stepping away from playing and will sign soon with CBS or Fox to do play by play in the booth instead.

Houston is now about to really look at Cutler???

Phicinfan

Administrator
Adrien Peterson still not signed, did not get contract from NE.
Zach Brown LB signs with Washington