E.Elliot Rb Dallas facing short suspension

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
The appeal won't get dragged out IMO. It'll be upheld in a heap big hurry. Now if he goes to court it could drag on but all the Commish has to do is move him to the exempt list until the case is over. He'd drop the suit like a hot potato. After viewing the pictures for the first time yesterday and seeing the bruises I don't feel sorry for the thug at all.
I agree, I think the appeal hearing will be held on time, and I believe the suspension will be upheld. Now, legal route could be dragging. I do believe they will try to get some type of injunction, but I also agree Commish could then use exempt list. But all that will take time and rangling

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
The NFL has tabbed Harold Henderson to hear the appeal of Ezekiel Elliott's six-game suspension.

Henderson regularly oversees appeals hearings for the league, and the NFL tried to push him as an objective, non-biased party by having NFL Network reporters note that Henderson reduced Greg Hardy's suspension from ten games to four. However, PFT's Mike Florio -- an attorney by trade -- notes that Henderson's presence in the case "significant" drops the chances of Zeke having the suspension overturned entirely. "At best, he'll get a mild reduction," Florio wrote. Florio also stats Henderson's hiring "significantly" increases the chances Elliott eventually files a lawsuit against the league.

Source: Profootballtalk on NBC Sports

KillerFins

Staff member
Florio is a mouthpiece for the NFLPA, can't stand the douche. I quit reading PFT because he can't help but but repeat his OPINION over and over again.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Arbitrator Harold Henderson denied a request from the NFL Players Association to include the notes of league investigators and Columbus (OH) authorities in the domestic abuse case of Ezekiel Elliott prior to Tuesday's suspension appeal hearing.

Henderson also denied the Players Association's request that accuser Tiffany Thompson be present for Tuesday's hearing, dealing two early losses for the NFLPA and Elliott's chances of having his suspension overturned. Both sides are slated to have final arguments following the appeal hearing next Friday, September 1.

Source: ESPN Dallas

Phicinfan

Administrator
Hearing is today, per most reports the expectation is the 6 game suspension will be upheld.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
NFL filed a motion to dismiss the federal case brought by the NFLPA in support of Ezekiel Elliott.

The NFLPA filed a petition to vacate Elliott's six-game suspension as well as requested a temporary restraining order last Friday. The NFL argues the Players' Association cannot seek relief from a decision which has yet to be made -- NFL arbitrator Harold Henderson has yet to decide on Elliott's appeal -- and the precedent set in Tom Brady's case means courts "have no business weighing the merits of the grievance (or) considering whether there is equity in a particular claim." Elliott plans to practice with the team on Tuesday in preparation for the Sunday Night opener, but there will certainly be many twists and turns in this saga before then.

Source: USA Today

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Ezekiel Elliott will play Week 1 if NFL arbitrator Harold Henderson does not hand down a decision before 4 PM EST on Tuesday.

Even if Henderson decides not to vacate the suspension before the deadline, Elliott has a hearing on Tuesday regarding the temporary restraining order filed on his behalf by the NFLPA. It is not a lock Elliott suits up against the Giants on Sunday night, but it appears likely.

Source: NFL Network on Twitter

What? How so? He is suspended correct? I don't think he can play unless his suspension is erased or the court intervenes. This sounds like a pipe dream to me.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Okay now someone with some common sense.

Updating a previous item, ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Ezekiel Elliott can still be suspended for Week 1 even if NFL arbitrator Harold Henderson hands down a decision after 4 PM EST.

Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
It was carried nationally yesterday but I didn't open it. What difference does it matter at this point if he did drugs then? Maybe I should read the link?

Phicinfan

Administrator
It was carried nationally yesterday but I didn't open it. What difference does it matter at this point if he did drugs then? Maybe I should read the link?
Honestly, nothing. IF he continues to pass his tests. But the story basically says he loses control and is a bad user.....which means this is going to be an ongoing issue probably.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
NFL arbitrator Harold Henderson expects to reach a decision on Ezekiel Elliott's appeal of his six-game suspension before the "close of business" on Tuesday.

Henderson has the power to vacate Elliott's ban outright, though that's unlikely. A reduction is also possible. Even if Henderson rules in the NFL's favor, Elliott has already filed a temporary restraining order as he takes the case to court. We won't have the final answer, but should receive something resembling clarity by early Tuesday evening.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reports NFL arbitrator Harold Henderson isn't certain to reach a decision in Ezekiel Elliott's appeal on Tuesday.

Henderson has told the sides he's aiming for a Tuesday resolution, but that it might not be possible due to the "volume of material." It's never easy in the NFL. Fantasy owners can only sit tight.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
The first step in sorting through the messy situation that is Ezekiel Elliott's appeal of his six-game suspension is finally here. On Tuesday night, the designated arbitrator in Elliott's appeal, Harold Henderson, upheld Elliott's suspension, according to ESPN's Chris Mortensen.
But there's a twist. Kate Hairopoulos of the Dallas Morning News and Tom Pelissero of NFL Network are reporting that Elliott will be eligible to play Week 1 when the Cowboys host the Giants because Henderson issued his ruling too late on Tuesday.

:rolleyes:

ExperiencedRookie

As it stands, this is actually a loss for Zeke owners. The NYG front is nasty! Top 5 in YPC average last year.

Zeke's 2 worst games of the season came against the NYG in 2016. If he's going to have to sit, this would be one of the games you'd like him to miss in theory