E.Elliot Rb Dallas facing short suspension

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Per Adam Schefter at ESPN, Dallas and Elliot are preparing for some short suspension for the domestic violence charges.

Not confirmed by league

efactor

Coming at you
One game probably. Be a good wake up call to Zeke to be a little smarter with his decision making.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Well that can't suspend him for 1 game for the domestic violence. That's an automatic 6 games for a first offense. I guess the could call it conduct detrimental to the league and give him the love tap on the wrist that's being discussed.

efactor

Coming at you
Well that can't suspend him for 1 game for the domestic violence. That's an automatic 6 games for a first offense. I guess the could call it conduct detrimental to the league and give him the love tap on the wrist that's being discussed.

You nailed it my friend. If it were Josh Gordon, it would be two years and three fingers on his right hand.

Zeke. Dallas. Jerry Jones. All reasons why it won't be 6 games.

I'm actually surprised that there might be any suspension at all but this token one is better than none.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Yeah, I am hearing the league thinks this is a pattern and not one time, and a longer suspension could be happening.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
rotoworld.com
Dallas PD released a statement saying they are investigating an alleged assault stemming from a Sunday night altercation in which Ezekiel Elliott was reportedly involved.

The statement did not mention Elliott or anyone else as a suspect, and the alleged victim does not know who assaulted him. The incident did take place at the same bar Elliott was reported to have had an altercation, however. Dallas PD says the investigation is ongoing.

Jerry better scurry to get this one swept under the rug before it's too late and he better have a big fat check with him.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
TMZ Sports reports a witness saw Ezekiel Elliott punch a man at a Dallas-area bar Sunday night.

A video shows the victim laying on the ground after the incident, but there is no video of the actual altercation. The victim suffered a broken nose. Despite a witness identifying Elliott as the assailant, police did not make any arrests because of a lack of information and the fact the witness appeared to be intoxicated. Police also did not speak with Elliott because he was gone by the time they arrived. No charges have been filed at this time.

efactor

Coming at you
Oh my god!

You would think with the domestic violance issue still on the table with the NFL, that he would be bubble wrapped and housed within the Cowboys facilities until training camp starts.

Seems this guy has no filters. Even if it turns out he didn't punch anyone, to put yourself in this situation with the other situation still lingering shows a total lack of good judgement. But I guess that lack of good judgement was evident on draft night when he wore the half shirt and bow tie, so shouldn't be too surprising.

Last edited:

Phicinfan

Administrator
Hmmmm now lets add a speeding ticket for over 100 mph at 3pm on a very busy road.....this just keeps getting deeper and deeper.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Honestly, if the 1-2 game is for the domestic violence then it SHOULD be 6 games, per the updated rules. Not sure why it is less, or if they are just lumping in some kind of hit for overall behavior.

hikeNbike

This is the greatest witch hunt in American history. No running back has been treated worse. It should be no games.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Phicinfan

Administrator
Domestic violence is no laughing matter. If as it seems, this is a non-story, then the NFL should step up and clear him. IF however there is a story, and add the other issues including the bar fight, the pulling top down of other woman at Mardi Gras and so one, then he should get the extended suspension.

I just hate how NFL sits on this stuff, but not doing anything they make him LOOK guilty, which isn't good for him or league.

2minutedrill

Ya, never seen a group of executives take so long in making decisions. How long does it take to get your research? Probably just waiting for Jerry's check to clear.

KillerFins

Staff member
They don't want another Ray Rice or Josh Brown situation, at least it's what I assume since I don't know any of the details.