Convince me Matt Forte is worth picking in the top 6

The Ram

Half Man, Half Amazing
I'm just not buying it and am looking for your opinions on this guy. Great stats and no doubt he'll be solid again this year. But something is holding me back about being confident enough in him to blow a 1.2-1.6 pick on him.

So Forte man-lovers it is time to come out of the closet! :pickle:

ExperiencedRookie

I've been exposed for sometime now. I don't know what to say that I haven't said already?

The numbers speak for themselves. Not only is he the best weapon in the run game, but he might be the best weapon in the passing game too.

His value only increases with Cutler being there and stretching the field.

Cutler = more 1st downs = more RZ trips = more TD potential.

What is not to like here?

The Ram

Half Man, Half Amazing
His lack of wr's are what draw me away from his production. I know Cutler is supposed to be an improvement and time will tell if that is true or myth. I know he pulled it off last year. But it just seems like he is this year's Joseph Addai.

ExperiencedRookie

His lack of wr's are what draw me away from his production. I know Cutler is supposed to be an improvement and time will tell if that is true or myth. I know he pulled it off last year. But it just seems like he is this year's Joseph Addai.

Their situations are nothing alike at all.

WesDawg

'Burghapologist

Cutler as an improvement over Orton is nowhere near a myth. That addition alone would've improved the WR situation over last year, but they also added Iglesias on draft day. He was a very effective downfield blocker at Oklahoma too, by the way. Not to mention Hester won't have to slow down and break stride to catch a Cutler bomb.

Combine the passing game improvement with a slight step forward for the O-line with another year of development for Forte himself, and you should have a clear answer.

Only way he mysteriously regresses to Addai status is if he sustains constant nagging injuries, which nobody can predict.

Runnik's Hambones

I don't understand how or why we have to explain that. I mean, don't get me wrong, if you don't like the guy, stay away from him, by all means. You could very well be right about this, however I find it terribly unlikely that Forte is not in the top 3 at the end of the season in a PPR league.

ExperiencedRookie

I don't understand how or why we have to explain that. I mean, don't get me wrong, if you don't like the guy, stay away from him, by all means. You could very well be right about this, however I find it terribly unlikely that Forte is not in the top 3 at the end of the season in a PPR league.

You might be surprised RH, but at some point that anti-Forte crew is going to show up and turn this thread into all out war.

If it's You, me, RC, and Wes I feel pretty safe that our Pro-Forte side will win though.

WesDawg

'Burghapologist
This fight's been fought in several other threads. I'm all about everyone gravitating towards some guys and away from others, especially if I'm fortunate enough to be in a league with them.

RUBBER DUCKIE

- the WR's were worse last year
- the O line was worse last year
- the QB was worse last year
- the O was bottled up last year
- Def's will have to respect Cutler's much better arm

With improvements all around Forte, he should be solid.
Forte is a top 3 PPR pick. You shouldn't have to worry about choosing him at 1.04 or else someone didn't drink their ration of Kool-aide :koolaid: and should be reported immediatly for re-programming.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Okay, look at last year. Tell me please his starting Wrs and his starting Qb........exactly.

Now then, add in a better option at Qb....and what is different?

Kid can catch, run and has no real threat behind him. Lack of Wrs only helps him.....in passing game.

Oh, and for the other.....do the Wrs make the Qb...or does the Qb make the Wrs? I would look at guys like Freeman and such who left GB with Farve and did nothing after it. Look at Seattle Wrs who left Hasselbeck for bad Qb situations. I think for as many times the Wrs helps improve the Qb...the right Qb can improve the Wrs as well.

Kid is a lock for top 5 production as long as he is healthy..and he has no real injury history.

RUBBER DUCKIE

You're correct. Addai had a future HOF qb and a cast of other offensive weapons to draw away attention and failed. Who does Forte have on offense with him again?

What did he have around him last year that has changed this year and will stop him from being a top RB? Forte has more around him this year then last year, so that isn't a reason for him to take a step backwards.