Camp news....

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
DeMarco Murray is day to day with a hamstring "tweak."

The Titans insist the issue is "not serious." We typically wait three days with camp injuries, but any hamstring issue is likely to linger longer than three days. It's also notable anytime Murray suffers an injury, even though he's displayed impressive durability the past three seasons. Murray wore down as he battled various minor ailments in the second half of 2016. This will be his age-29 season. Derrick Henry waits in the wings.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Not so fast my fine feathered friends...

In the wake of an earlier report suggesting that Tannehill avoided structural damage in his left knee, Armando Salguero of the Miami Herald relays that the QB's MRI on Thursday initially proved inconclusive in terms of revealing the full extent of Tannehill's injury.
Per Salguero, Tannehill's MRI requires further scrutiny, a scenario that neither confirms or refutes the previously-noted "no structural damage" outcome.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Per multiple radio reports today - you are looking at the following:
No surgery but 6-8 weeks at best of rest and rehab, which means he starts season on PUP
Surgery and out for year.

How do you all feel about Matt Moore? All the shiny wonderful reports are coming out, but to me I am scared to death to start drafting Miami Wrs.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
It's a dink and dunk offemse anyway and Tanney can't hit the broad side of a barn on the deep throws. Sure the team would be better off with him but I'm not expecting a big fall off for the fantasy receivers.

Phicinfan

Administrator
It's a dink and dunk offemse anyway and Tanney can't hit the broad side of a barn on the deep throws. Sure the team would be better off with him but I'm not expecting a big fall off for the fantasy receivers.
I am, yes Moore has better deep ball, but there is a damn reason he is #2, and it wasn't just money. If this is season ending, I drop all Miami players in drafts significantly. Especially Parker. Landry might be fine, Ajayi will get stiffled.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
I thinkParker takes the worst hit. I was just reading "the football guys" view on this. I'll run get it and post it. Back in a flash.
The Dolphins were trying to get Tannehill healthy for this year without surgery, perhaps because they were worried about his return to play timeline, and this is where they ended up. Clearly, the knee is not 100%, and it's possible Tannehill doesn't trust the knee. The good news here is that the dropoff to Matt Moore is one of the smallest between a starter and a backup in the league, and the passing game shouldn't be affected as greatly as it might be for any other team. The team could also sign Jay Cutler, who played very well with head coach Adam Gase when they were together in Chicago. It feels like this is building to bad news for Tannehill, but it might not be as bad for the Dolphins offense as a whole.

I agree with their thoughts.

Phicinfan

Administrator
sorry that is fluff n utter, it isn't that close in production, if for no other reason than Moore is a sitting duck vs. Tannehill who could run and evade the pass rush

efactor

Coming at you
sorry that is fluff n utter, it isn't that close in production, if for no other reason than Moore is a sitting duck vs. Tannehill who could run and evade the pass rush

Disagree totally. I thought the Exact same thing that FBG ran and I posted it in the Tannehill thread before they did. Lol

Mobility doesn't equate to more passing yards unless your o-line is total crap (Seahawks). It's about how quickly you get the ball out. Moore is also more accurate than Tannehill, so I don't think it hurts any of the receivers especially since he has been there for 6 years, knows the system and has a full month to get the reps in.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Kelce suffering from swelling in the knee but the team doesn't seemed too concerned.

Sheppard walking without a limp and without a boot. Claims reports that he was crying like a babby untrue. Then there's this tidbit for what it's worth.

DeAndre Hopkins endorsed Tom Savage as the Texans' starting quarterback.

Savage, for what it's worth, was listed atop Houston's first unofficial depth chart on Friday. First-round QB Deshaun Watson has been the talk of training camp but Hopkins still has faith in Savage to get the job done. "If anybody should be a judge of quarterbacks, I've played with the most quarterbacks in NFL history throughout my first four years," said Nuk. "So I put the stamp on Savage, and I think that's all that needs to be said about that." Having the team's top wideout in your corner is never a bad thing, but Savage will still need a great showing in camp to hold off Watson.

KillerFins

Staff member

Incorrect

He made some really good progress last year, was really looking forward to see him make big strides this year. Moore is a capable QB, there are worse starting QBs out there.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Fish fans, including myself, have been waiting on Tanneyhill to make that leap for some time now. He isn't all bad mind you but he'll never win an award for accuracy on downfield throws.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
No way of knowing how true this is or is not but...

The Dolphins are "close to a deal" with retired QB Jay Cutler.The sides are working out a "small gap" in money. Cutler was reportedly leaning toward retirement, but it sounds like the Dolphins upped their offer. He'll be reunited with Adam Gase in Miami assuming the deal gets done. Cutler's signing would mean Ryan Tannehill (knee) is done for the year.
Source: Darren Heitner on Twitter

Last edited:

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Dolphins agreed to terms with QB Jay Cutler on a one-year, $10 million contract with another $3 million available via incentives.

It's believed this was the only situation for which Cutler was willing to come out of "retirement." He will not be calling games for a network in 2017. Cutler will be the Dolphins' starting quarterback, replacing Ryan Tannehill (ACL) with Matt Moore remaining in a reserve role. Cutler has a longstanding tendency to pepper big receivers with targets, making DeVante Parker an intriguing proposition as a player the Dolphins have propped up as their potential new go-to guy. Cutler, 34, is now worth a look as a two-quarterback-league play. He won't need much time to relearn Adam Gase's offense after the two spent time together in Denver and Chicago.

KillerFins

Staff member
Depends on the health. If Mike is healthy it's a big difference. I love the move as a Dolphins fan. I love Matt Moore, one of the best backups, but Cutler has more upside.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Cam still not throwing in Carolina, after being off for a week - is the shoulder an issue again?
Watkins (Wr buf) has a small ankle issue, fortunately it is not the foot again, but still, he can't seem to stay healthy
Cb Jalen Collins ATL is suspended again for PEDs - 10 game suspension - he was out 6 last year - kid doesn't seem to learn.
Early Wr depth chart in Was - Pryor #1, Doctson #2 and Crowder #3. Obviously if Reed ever stays healthy that may change.....
Initial Pats depth chart has Cooks and Edelman as starters at Wr, Gillislee starter at Rb with White as well.
Cardinals lose Rb T.J. Logan for 12 weeks to wrist injury