You make the call: Fitzgerald vs Moss

You make the call

• Randy Moss

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Larry Fitzgerald

Votes: 16 69.6%

• Total voters

Bull

If this was Tyler Thigpen we were discussing I would agree with you. But Brady, like him or not, is a future HOF'er with years left on his tires and he still plays in a system that he knows backwards and forwards which happened to set a record not too long ago for points. Manning struggled early because he came back too early (his own words). Brady has rehabbed for the last almost year and while I don't expect him to light up week 1 for 400 yards I do expect him to be tearing it up early and often.

The primary guy who benefits in this scenario is Moss who can make plays all over the field.

I hate the Pats, but can't argue that Brady is a future HOF'er, but so is Manning. Brady's injury was way more serious than Mannings. I'm not saying Brady won't come back. I'm saying he might not be the same for a while. Moss is not the only deep threat game in town. With Galloway in the fold, the Pats intend to keep everyone guessing. You can't do that by throwing the ball to Moss everytime. Regardless, I'm not arguing the Brady comeback at all. I'm saying it doesn't matter. Fitz is sick and the Cards should know by now that you just throw it up to him and he comes down with it. Any improvement at all in the running game will also help Fitz.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
I gotta agree here. I am all for the offensive tools that NE has. You cannot deny the production both Welker and Moss had when Brady was healthy.

Here is the key though, even though Brady is coming back...the knee won't be 100% until another year or so. Yes, he will play, and yes he will perform...but the O-line has issues, and Brady wasn't all that mobile and will be even less now. Do I think he will tank completely? No. I just don't see him being able to hang in there and continue to hit the long ball to Moss like before. I do see a similar year for Welker though.

Here is the other thing. I am not sure Fitz will be Fitz again. Unlike some here, I think Arizona tanks if Warner is hurt or misses time. He had hip surgery and is coming back..but still having pain and issues. Still, I can see Arizona repeating some..due to having to pass to win...than NE.

So I will go with the bird in the hand with Fitz...than a maybe with Moss who has a Qb who may be back.

RUBBER DUCKIE

I took Moss.

Brady will be wanting to prove something and will be a force this year. Yea, his knee won't be 100%, but Brady at 80% is good enough to throw the ball up for Moss. Moss made Culpeper look like a star... Brady at 80% is still better then Culpeper in his prime.

Remote Controller

Patriots | Brady, Moss building chemistry during offseason workouts Tue Jun 9, 02:17 PM
Mike Reiss, of The Boston Globe, reports New England Patriots QB Tom Brady and WR Randy Moss have been spending quality one-on-one time focusing on red-zone work during practice. Brady would often talk to Moss after each route.
Our view: Randy Moss has already stated how this offense was going to be better than ever in 2009. A very bold statement indeed, considering the type of production this team had the last time Brady played a full season. If Brady doesn't hook up with Moss for 23 TDs again this season, it won't be for a lack of trying.
-----------------------------------------------------------
This year is Moss.

Bull

Patriots | Brady, Moss building chemistry during offseason workouts Tue Jun 9, 02:17 PM
Mike Reiss, of The Boston Globe, reports New England Patriots QB Tom Brady and WR Randy Moss have been spending quality one-on-one time focusing on red-zone work during practice. Brady would often talk to Moss after each route.
Our view: Randy Moss has already stated how this offense was going to be better than ever in 2009. A very bold statement indeed, considering the type of production this team had the last time Brady played a full season. If Brady doesn't hook up with Moss for 23 TDs again this season, it won't be for a lack of trying.
-----------------------------------------------------------
This year is Moss.

Why? Because Moss says so. :shake:

eaglechick

I'm back :)
i took moss.

the arguments above are all good. basically, even coming off the injury i think brady is a better gamble than warner. yes, warner stayed healthy last year, but wasn't that a miracle in itself? sure, leinart has talent, but have i seen it?

aside from that, the ADP makes it too obvious. why should i spend a mid-first rounder on fitz when i can get randy in the 2nd?

oh, and if i don't catch randy, i definitely want some welker action

Remote Controller

-- Tom Brady & Randy Moss Continue to Work on Timing --
Wed Jun 10, 2009 --from FFMastermind.com​
The Providence Journal reports New England Patriots QB Tom Brady and WR Randy Moss did a little one-on-one work. The pair continue to hone their timing, and worked together for a few minutes at one point. RB Fred Taylor joined them, and then RB Laurence Maroney.

ExperiencedRookie

This is pretty close.

I think I'm leaning towards Fitz based on what he has done recently. He was an absolute beast in the playoffs, and I see him picking up right where he left off.

As far as Brady and Moss picking up right where they left off....sure, but it's a full year removed.

I'm starting to change my tune on this one....

Bull

-- Tom Brady & Randy Moss Continue to Work on Timing --
Wed Jun 10, 2009 --from FFMastermind.com​
The Providence Journal reports New England Patriots QB Tom Brady and WR Randy Moss did a little one-on-one work. The pair continue to hone their timing, and worked together for a few minutes at one point. RB Fred Taylor joined them, and then RB Laurence Maroney.

A day earlier, Brady said he didn't know how long it would take to shake the rust off. Him practicing when he knows there is zero chance of him taking a shot right on his knee is something completely different vs. playing against an opponent and not knowing what they will do.

ExperiencedRookie

The curse of the Super Bowl loser also looms.

Warner is old.

Lots of mouths to feed in Arizona. Not sure I see a repeat of success for all the fantasy parts involved. I'm not saying Fitz is not a bad option, I just think that Moss might be a safer one.

Remote Controller

A day earlier, Brady said he didn't know how long it would take to shake the rust off. Him practicing when he knows there is zero chance of him taking a shot right on his knee is something completely different vs. playing against an opponent and not knowing what they will do.
My vote is still behind Brady to win that battle.

Bull

The curse of the Super Bowl loser also looms.

Warner is old.

Lots of mouths to feed in Arizona. Not sure I see a repeat of success for all the fantasy parts involved. I'm not saying Fitz is not a bad option, I just think that Moss might be a safer one.

Make up your mind, ER. I'm sticking to my story. It doesn't matter who is throwing the ball, Fitz will come down with it. Moss HOPES for a comeback and maybe he'll have it and be able to compete with Fitz. Fitz will just do what he does and match Moss. If you just want to look at best case scenario for Moss then also look at best case scenario for Fitz. Extapolate his playoff stats into a 16 week season. He has 30 receptions, 546 yards and 7 TDs in 4 games. For those without calculators, that extrapolates to 120 catches, 2184 yards, and 28 TDs. Now I don't think he'll do that, but let's compare best case scenarios to best case scenarios.

ExperiencedRookie

Make up your mind, ER. I'm sticking to my story. It doesn't matter who is throwing the ball, Fitz will come down with it. Moss HOPES for a comeback and maybe he'll have it and be able to compete with Fitz. Fitz will just do what he does and match Moss. If you just want to look at best case scenario for Moss then also look at best case scenario for Fitz. Extapolate his playoff stats into a 16 week season. He has 30 receptions, 546 yards and 7 TDs in 4 games. For those without calculators, that extrapolates to 120 catches, 2184 yards, and 28 TDs. Now I don't think he'll do that, but let's compare best case scenarios to best case scenarios.

I know I know. Bad ER. I flip flopped on this one.

I think I've seen the light though.

As far as taking Fitz playoffs stats and running them over an entire season.. come on man. You can't do that! That was his most disgusting 3 game stretch of his career.

Those weren't even fantasy scoring games either, so they don't even really count. Oh and BTW, Moss has had like 4 of those amazing 4 game stretches in his career during the actual season. Most recently, 2007 with his man Brady.

I'm jumping back on the Moss bandwagon now and not coming off.

Bull

I know I know. Bad ER. I flip flopped on this one.

I think I've seen the light though.

As far as taking Fitz playoffs stats and running them over an entire season.. come on man. You can't do that! That was his most disgusting 3 game stretch of his career.

Those weren't even fantasy scoring games either, so they don't even really count. Oh and BTW, Moss has had like 4 of those amazing 4 game stretches in his career during the actual season. Most recently, 2007 with his man Brady.

I'm jumping back on the Moss bandwagon now and not coming off.

You're on the Moss bandwagon until next year when Fitz is whipping Moss. :thrash: I know you can't really take his 4 game stretch and say he'll do that for 16 straight weeks. However, you also can't assume Randy Moss will have his best season ever either when he's coming off of a down year and there are so many ifs around Brady. You want to look at best case scenarios, fine. Then why wouldn't you believe Fitz will pick up right where he left off in the playoffs. You want to look at worse case scenarios, fine. What was Fitz worst year, his rookie year? Still better than a worst case scenario for Moss.

ExperiencedRookie

You're on the Moss bandwagon until next year when Fitz is whipping Moss. :thrash: I know you can't really take his 4 game stretch and say he'll do that for 16 straight weeks. However, you also can't assume Randy Moss will have his best season ever either when he's coming off of a down year and there are so many ifs around Brady. You want to look at best case scenarios, fine. Then why wouldn't you believe Fitz will pick up right where he left off in the playoffs. You want to look at worse case scenarios, fine. What was Fitz worst year, his rookie year? Still better than a worst case scenario for Moss.

Moss' worst case scenario was playing in freaking Oakland. NE is a whole different world.

Again, I'm not saying Fitz will have a bad year or that I don't think he's a freak of nature, cause he is.

I'm a believer in stats and history. Historically, the SB loser falls apart the following year. That has to play into my personal rankings a bit.

I'm officially placing Moss and Andre atop my WR rankings.

Last edited by a moderator: