You make the call

• Randy Moss

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Larry Fitzgerald

Votes: 16 69.6%

• Total voters

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Well, we all know who THE MAN was at WR last season. A "year" removed from Arizona's Super Bowl run, the New England Patriots have their Super Man back in Tom Brady. Randy Moss claims the Pats could be more potent than the 2007 edition that ran almost everyone out of the stadium.

Your up, you make the draft pick, but defend your pick.

derringer007

"Its An Outrage"
Fitz hands down. Fitz is a fearless badass that play's 100% every play, going over the middle it dont matter. Moss on the other hand has a history of taking plays off and heaven for bid he's not happy its a total shutdown.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Why? Different situations but lets look at the numbers. Both teams have great QBs for the spread and both have 3rd and 4th WRs rendered virtually irrelevant by the big boys.
(I only added in the numbers for Breaston he had when Boldin was out.)

2008:
Larry Fitzgerald: 96 rec, 1431yds, 12 TDs
Boldin/Breaston: 110 rec, 1314yds, 13 TDs

2007:
Randy Moss: 98 rec, 1493yds, 23 TDs
Wes Welker: 112 rec, 1175yds, 8 TDs

Those extra 11 scores sure help. Even cut it in half....thats still 16 or 17 TDs.

derringer007

"Its An Outrage"
You had to ask Sarge :)

In the 2yrs with the Raiders: 29gms, 1558 rec yards 11tds. And then goes to the Pats and blow's up stat wise.

I hate R,Moss. Damn right i'm bitter.:grin:

Brady may be the better QB but the Warner/Leinart combo beats out the drop off from Brady to ???

Welker has done well in NE but Ari's Bolden/Breaston force D's to pay attention to more than Fitz.

ExperiencedRookie

This is pretty close.

I think I'm leaning towards Fitz based on what he has done recently. He was an absolute beast in the playoffs, and I see him picking up right where he left off.

As far as Brady and Moss picking up right where they left off....sure, but it's a full year removed.

WesDawg

'Burghapologist
Brady may be the better QB but the Warner/Leinart combo beats out the drop off from Brady to ???

Welker has done well in NE but Ari's Bolden/Breaston force D's to pay attention to more than Fitz.

I'm not tearing apart your post CC, because it's very legit.

Going into last year, you could've said the same thing about the QB situations. Brady over Warner, Leinart over Cassel. We saw how that panned out. Who's to say Leinart's any better than O'Connell (or whomever emerges as NE's #2)? Could you also argue that Warner's age and Brady's rehab make them equally risky from a 2009 injury standpoint?

Also, NE now has Joey Galloway as the #3. He's no longer the speed threat from the late 90's, but he's an upgrade over what they had. Not to mention that right now it's too early to say with 100% confidence that Bolden will be there for the whole season.

So after arguing with myself for a few minutes, I'll give you Moss in a standard redraft league, and Fitz in a dynasty/keeper league. PPR formats should be even due to Fitz accruing more catches, and Moss winning the TD battle.

How's that for waffling? LOL

Going into last year, you could've said the same thing about the QB situations. Brady over Warner, Leinart over Cassel. We saw how that panned out. Who's to say Leinart's any better than O'Connell (or whomever emerges as NE's #2)? Could you also argue that Warner's age and Brady's rehab make them equally risky from a 2009 injury standpoint?

I do not equate age with injury at the QB position where elite players have a longer shelf life. I don't know how well Brady's head is wrapped around football at this point. That was my issue from the start with Leinart - I do put him pulling his head out ahead of either of the 2 likely candidates for the #2 spot in NE.

Also, NE now has Joey Galloway as the #3. He's no longer the speed threat from the late 90's, but he's an upgrade over what they had. Not to mention that right now it's too early to say with 100% confidence that Bolden will be there for the whole season.

You may be right about Gallo but if last years decline is not a sign of what to expect I would also argue that NE for as much as they are known for spreading the ball around has had promising #3's in the past who have not lived up to expectations.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Right now i would lean Fitz. Once Brady shows me he is back..and NE can protect him..I would switch back. But if they don't get the time for Brady...and he is nervous on that knee ( first and only major injury he has had....) then Moss won't be any better than last year.

I'm not tearing apart your post CC, because it's very legit.

So after arguing with myself for a few minutes, I'll give you Moss in a standard redraft league, and Fitz in a dynasty/keeper league. PPR formats should be even due to Fitz accruing more catches, and Moss winning the TD battle.

How's that for waffling? LOL

Hit the nail on the head Dawg.

Runnik's Hambones

I pick Moss for this. Brady back, they're looking to prove something after last season. If it's a dynasty league however, it's Fitz hands down. Right now though, I'd take Randy.

Remote Controller

Moss, Welker, and Galloway with Brady sounds awfully stout!

• -- Patriots WR Notes --
    Fri May 29, 2009 --from FFMastermind.com​
  • The Boston Globe reports when the New England Patriots began working on three-receiver sets Thursday, veteran WR Joey Galloway was the third man in alongside WR Randy Moss and WR Wes Welker. At one point, WR Greg Lewis stepped in at No. 3. The play of the day came when second-year QB Kevin O'Connell launched a bomb over the middle to a diving Lewis. Lewis, acquired in a trade from the Eagles in March, had run a slant pattern, with CB Shawn Springs in tight coverage. QB Tom Brady was impressed with the connection, with Lewis's grab taking him back in time. "That was ridiculous," Brady said. "I told him that was the one he caught in the Super Bowl [in 2005] on us."

Bull

It's Fitz. No way around it. First of all, Brady hasn't proven shit to anyone yet. Second, I'd argue that adding Galloway takes somethings away from Moss. Galloway was good for long TD's in Tampa and if he continues that, the TD distribution won't be as lopsided this year in NE. So I look at like this. If Brady's back and distributing the ball to everyone, Moss and Fitz are close. If Brady is not back, Fitz kills Moss. In either case it doesn't matter wether Warner or Leinart is throwing the ball.

The Ram

Half Man, Half Amazing
I loves me some Moss this year. Fitz is killer and younger than Randy but I think Randy has some gas left in the tank. The difference for me comes down to quarterbacks. Brady is the man and will be back at 100% this year. We know with elite quarterbacks that knee injuries aren't as dampering on performance as other positions....see Manning and Palmer. It will be close but I like Moss this year.

Bull

I loves me some Moss this year. Fitz is killer and younger than Randy but I think Randy has some gas left in the tank. The difference for me comes down to quarterbacks. Brady is the man and will be back at 100% this year. We know with elite quarterbacks that knee injuries aren't as dampering on performance as other positions....see Manning and Palmer. It will be close but I like Moss this year.

Manning struggled the first part of last year. Brady used to be able to take massive hits and not even flinch. Now that he's suffered his first major injury, the head games will begin.

The Ram

Half Man, Half Amazing
Manning struggled the first part of last year. Brady used to be able to take massive hits and not even flinch. Now that he's suffered his first major injury, the head games will begin.

If this was Tyler Thigpen we were discussing I would agree with you. But Brady, like him or not, is a future HOF'er with years left on his tires and he still plays in a system that he knows backwards and forwards which happened to set a record not too long ago for points. Manning struggled early because he came back too early (his own words). Brady has rehabbed for the last almost year and while I don't expect him to light up week 1 for 400 yards I do expect him to be tearing it up early and often.

The primary guy who benefits in this scenario is Moss who can make plays all over the field.

ExperiencedRookie

RAM!! Didn't you just have Fitz ranked #1 in that Forte thread???