WW after week 3

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
The first bye week hits and the injuries keep on coming. I'm expecting there to be a lot of moves made this week. Me, I only have 9 set up. :eek:

cctekguy

Staff member
I was actually going to start a similar thread on the big board.

This is when the nut cuttin' begins. Guys you drafted as sleepers or handcuffs have to start being weeded out. Guys you aren't ready to give up on yet but don't have room for them anymore.

Some guys you'll drop hoping to get them back. Some you'll wonder why you even held onto them.

DST and K bye weeks can be especially tough if you like who you have. If you drop them they are gone. If you keep them, then you have to clear a spot at the expense of a position player.

Good teams will lose depth as lesser teams gobble up upgrades.

I'm in pretty good shape with bye weeks but it's still time to clear roster space.

Osweiler was a long shot in case Peyton got hurt. I like his credentials and supporting cast but Manning has managed to stay upright so he's got to go for someone that plays.

Sankey was always just depth but a nice week 1 had me hoping. After week 3, he lost carries to guys I never heard of so it's a pretty easy spot to clear.

Tre Mason was supposed to be special this year but the Rams drafted Gurley and the Rams offense sucks. At this point, I'm glad I don't have Gurley. Who needs a handcuff in a lousy running system?... Not me.

I'll keep Miami DST just because I have the room to. Surely Suh will adjust to the sunlight.

Who are you ready to give up on or forced to drop during the bye weeks?

Last edited:

jjtweeks

time to get rid of AP's cuff but what the heck do I do with CJ and Hillman you would think 1 is worth keeping but neither is worth starting ugh
In my ESPN league I have Crowell and Johnson but neither are worth starting it seems and i have Freeman and Coleman which i will be keeping both of those 2 for now.
I drafted Pats def specifically for Jags def and benched cards what a mistake I need bye week Te's in a few leagues but think i can wait on those.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Gone from my stash is Zig Zag. As "wrapped up" as I am in believing in his ability, I can't justify "rolling" along with him any longer.

Brandon Coleman where did you geaux?

cctekguy

Staff member
Mud got this one right.

In PFL, Roddy White, Nelson Agholor, Denard Robinson, Brandon Coleman, Cameron Artis-Payne and Bishop Sankey all got dropped.

All were drafted or keepers at the beginning of the year.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Yeah I think I put in for him. Sux too because I had hoped that Gilmore would be good enough to allow me to turn Gronk when I become convinced that I was out of the $$. Shouldn't have been more than another 5 weeks at best. Got anutter plan in mind to try and make that happen still.