WR Hakeem Nicks goes down

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Okay, I will say it now. I don't care if he comes back this year or not, he WON'T be the same. Too many have had foot injuries, and they never completely heal that quickly, the pain is intense, and he won't be what he was. Just my $0.02

gruntbusters

hehehe...heheheh..hehe...
Yep...have seen it in the past. Damn...I had so many offers for him this year too...folks were willing to give me the moon almost. I just felt like he was going to be on my roster for the next 10 years. Can only hope the best.

gizzil

OH! But seriously, sucks for his owners, the giants, and most especially hakeem... a guy already having multiple health issues every year...

Last edited by a moderator:

WesDawg

'Burghapologist
At least he can get the number for a good foot doctor from his RB.

Actually since this seems to be an isolated injury as opposed to a condition, if the break heals cleanly he may never have a long term issue like Bradshaw's had. But at some point after having a litany of "isolated injuries", a player like this earns the injury-prone label, be it unfairly or not. He's a potentially consistent 100/1250/12 elite WR, but who knows if he'll ever manage to string together 16 games on a regular basis?

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Don't see this as a huge long term set back, but he is starting to amass quite the injury history. Starting to join the AJ category.

gruntbusters

hehehe...heheheh..hehe...
Watch your mouth Miller! That is crazy talk right there...I refuse to believe it....unless someone gives me some good value for him hehe...