Would you want TO on your team?

Would you want Terrell Owens on your favorite team?

• Total voters

Da Bomb

Guilty As Hell
Don't pretend like you're in some sort of a dream world.

Assume that TO gets a hefty contract, all the media attention like usual, and is his normal at least somewhat distracting self. You get the ego and everything else as well as the supreme talent and the injury history.

Knowing what you know about TO right now, would you want him on your favorite team if he was available as a free agent?

Coachnorm

Yes, Without a doubt. There have been some jarhead WRs that I wouldn't want on my teams but TO has Always produced.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
There are some teams I would want him on, the Bengals, we have enough ego driven WR's, I don't want another one. They have way to many holes to worry about a TO type player.

If I was a fan of a top tier team that just needs a big time play maker to make the next step, TO would be a welcomed addition.

Orgazmo

IT'S GARBAGE DAY
Miller put it nicely. At this stage he would be a great addition to get you over the hump. Not the piece the Broncos need, though.

bodey24

Staff member
When the Cowboys first acquired TO I was not happy because of all the things he did to S.F. and Philly. But now I am glad they got him. He's one of the hardest working WRs in the league. He has a deep passion for the game of football, and maybe if Tony Romo would have that same passion Dallas would be doing better at the end of the season and in the playoffs.

Runnik's Hambones

I'm also going with yes. However it would be interesting to see how Morris would be able to handle someone like TO. I mean, TO's like 3 years older than the guy.

Da Bomb

Guilty As Hell
i just think, as with any player like this, i take the talent and deal with the rest. there are a few teams i just wouldnt bother with on this, but i think TO improves at least 25 of the teams out there. the guy is one of the greatest WRs to ever set foot on a field. i will happily have him on my squad.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Here was my problem with T.O.

When you have T.O. you have to use him. Why? Cause if he doesn't touch the ball 10 times he whines. He becomes a malcontent, regardless of the result. It gets worse if you lose though.

Philly when they had T.O. was totally focussed ON T.O. So when you met a team that could take him out of the game, you lost.

In Philly, they are more successful when they use all parts, and you can't focus on one. Even with Westbrook, you don't know if he will run, receive out of the backfield or be split out wide. So you can't always take him out of the play.

No, I would not want T.O. back. Makes you too one dimensional.

Hollywoodnash

TO THE DEATH
For my Texans, no. Johnson is the #1 and would outshine TO and Daniels is an emerging TE, thus TO would tell everyone that Schaub, Johnson, and Daniels conspire against him to keep the ball out of his hands.

Houston is a young team, and young players are very impressionable to over the top prima donnas like TO. It would ruin the team's emerging chemistry and set this team back 5 years.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
i just think, as with any player like this, i take the talent and deal with the rest. there are a few teams i just wouldnt bother with on this, but i think TO improves at least 25 of the teams out there. the guy is one of the greatest WRs to ever set foot on a field. i will happily have him on my squad.
I can just seem him with TJax now :explode:

Hawks Eye

Master of Inexpertise
I think the Hawks absolutely could use him. Sure, he'll garner a lot of negative attention with his whiny antics. Whatever. Sure, he'll get injured. ....And how is that different from our current WRs? That's what I thought.