With Jacoby Jones out 4-6 weeks

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
You'll see lots of owners making a play for Marlon Brown and rightfully so. If you have room for the new number two WR for the Ravens grab him.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
You probably wouldn't Tekie though it's hard to imagine shunning Torry Smith. The post was meant for good players.:)

cctekguy

Staff member
Seeing as how the title is "Jacoby Jones" and the topic is "Marlon Brown" I don't see where "good players" fits into this thread at all.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Let me color the picture a little better. First Smith is their best WR. Jones was their second best but now he's gone for 5 or 6 games. In steps Brown into the #2WR hole left vacated by the absent Jones.

Oh and the good players I referred to was fantasy players who are good at what they do. Grabbing players before they become tomorrows headlines.

cctekguy

Staff member
Let me color the picture a little better.

As long as you have your crayons out, wrap your crayolas around this: The Raven's #1 WR is Torrey Smith. His ADP didn't crack the top 20. Jacoby was their 2nd best WR and went largely undrafted. Marlon Brown is their 3rd best WR.

OK class...now put your crayons away and sharpen your #2 pencil for a math problem. If Jacoby Jones is the Raven's 2nd best receiver and no one drafted him, how many people will rush to the waiver wire to pick up Marlon Brown...the Raven's 3rd best receiver? You have 4 to 6 weeks to answer this question.

Oh and the good players I referred to was fantasy players who are good at what they do.

For clarity's sake, the participants in a fantasy football league are generally referred to as "owners". Players are the ones we start and bench every week.

Escrow

I understand what your saying about Jones and brown, but muds point is, if you have an iffy bench receiver wise, it would behoove you not to take a look at Marlon Brown, he was targeted 6 times(Jacoby was 4 before he was injured) and had 65 yards receiving on 4 catches...not bad for a #2 who didn't start the game....

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
I understand what your saying about Jones and brown, but muds point is, if you have an iffy bench receiver wise, it would behoove you not to take a look at Marlon Brown, he was targeted 6 times(Jacoby was 4 before he was injured) and had 65 yards receiving on 4 catches...not bad for a #2 who didn't start the game....
Didn't start the game and was not drafted either. He'll be picked up in the majority of leagues this week or he should be.

ExperiencedRookie

I have to agree with the side of picking Brown up, especially in deeper leagues or for rosters that lack WR depth.

Im sure other names are going to pop off in week 1 and make Brown more of a forgotten pick up too. If you end up with a lower waiver priority, he might be a solid target

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
I question if the pick up in Baltimore is Brown or Dallas Clark. Granted he had some drops, but Clark was targeted more I believe.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Clark was awful PhiCin. He's a shell of what he once was and he was only good then because he had Manning IMO.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
But you're right about one thing, someone besides Rice and Smith is going to get targeted because they'll be playing from behind much more that they're accustomed to.

cctekguy

Staff member
Ok, maybe I should rephrase the question. Who are you going to drop to pick up Marlon Brown? (12 team league)

Mud has Quinton Patton on his roster. Will he drop him for Marlon Brown? ...NOPE

It's a bunch of blah, blah, blah. I would bet that not 1 of you Brown supporters will pick him up.

Who are you dropping for Brown, ER?

How about you Escrow?

Mud?

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
You're right about me Tekie, I won't be getting him but then again I've already got Cruz, Wayne, Shorts, DeSean, Sidney Rice and Patton. If I did get him I'd drop Rice but WR isn't a need in any way for me. However he is going to be picked up in the majority of leagues.

A

Axe Elf

Axually, the Ravens' second-best WR is Brandon Stokley. Brown may get more targets though.

ExperiencedRookie

Ok, maybe I should rephrase the question. Who are you going to drop to pick up Marlon Brown? (12 team league)

It's a bunch of blah, blah, blah. I would bet that not 1 of you Brown supporters will pick him up.

Who are you dropping for Brown, ER?

Hmmmm good point.

Escrow

I dont need to pick him up, the inital post as i read it was that Brown might be an interesting player to keep an eye on, especially in deeper leagues....and i concur

efactor

Coming at you
Axually, the Ravens' second-best WR is Brandon Stokley. Brown may get more targets though.

Stokley looked old and slow.

I watched Brown in preseason and was impressed enough to pick him up in one league. Looks very smooth and polished and has good size. As the starter, I wouldn't be surprised to see him outperform Tory Smith.

Don't sleep on him.

cctekguy

Staff member
I dont need to pick him up

Kind of my point to begin with, Escrow. In a 12 team league it's hard to imagine anyone needing to pick him up. Keep an eye on?....absolutely, but the waiver wire is full of guys to keep an eye on.

The guy might turn into pure gold, but on a run first Ravens team with the 17th ranked qb (ADP) there are just other "maybes" I'd rather plug into my limited number of "hopeful" slots on my roster.