Will the Big Dogs land anywhere?

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Cower
Gruden

Will either of these former championship HC's land anywhere this offseason?

Remote Controller

I am skeptical when it comes to Cower's impact anywhere. I don't think the chin will be able to do much. he better take the Panthers where he has a prayer. I really liked gruden in Houston but that fizzled. I now feel he might make for a nice fit with the Denver owner.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
I'd enjoy seeing Gruden land anywhere with possibilities. I just itch to see what he'd do with another team. Cower is Carolina bound if he ever returns to the sidelines and the longer he waits the less likely I see it happening.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Gruden is the new Madden.....I think he is too good at his new gig and enjoys it too much. i could be wrong, but I think he stays right where he is.

Cerberus

In Dog We Trust
It would take alot of money to get either one of them back on the sidelines. Think they were just pulling a Favre about coaching again.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Here is the issue with both, they want total control. That and huge money. That may scare off teams this year, with the labor situation still up in the air.

I would have bet the farm that Cower was headed to Carolina. But now the hot rumor if Rivera there. I think it is part the owner wants a cheaper option.

Of the two, I like Cower more. I love Gruden...but I am not sure he is ready to leave the prime time gig as Miller states. I also think if Cower doesn't get hired this year...he won't be ever. His laurels aren't as bright as they used to be, and he has been out of it a long, long time.

So...I do see Cowher coaching this year.....but not all that sure where.

Remote Controller

The biggest dog seems to Harbaugh according to reports. I think having those two brothers in the NFL together would be pretty great! Was it SF that sounded like his eventual landing spot?

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
The biggest dog seems to Harbaugh according to reports. I think having those two brothers in the NFL together would be pretty great! Was it SF that sounded like his eventual landing spot?

I honestly don't think Harbaugh deserves to be an NFL coach yet. Yes, he has done wonders with Stanford, but give me a QB like Luck...and well you get the idea. I also don't think his gung ho attitude will take well with NFL vets, until he has proven himself. Now, does that mean he won't be an NFL coach...nope. But I bet he falls flat in his first shot. I would much rather see him at Michigan...and make them more competitive, and make Ohio State's wins over them mean more....than see him fail in the NFL.

gruntbusters

hehehe...heheheh..hehe...
With all the incompetence in the HC category I'd rather see Gruden put his talents to work making the game great again for some team. We all have time to enjoy his commentary as the next Madden in the box, but until then he's got too much to offer to be sitting behind a microphone. Put that man on the field and let him work!

Remote Controller

With all the incompetence in the HC category I'd rather see Gruden put his talents to work making the game great again for some team. We all have time to enjoy his commentary as the next Madden in the box, but until then he's got too much to offer to be sitting behind a microphone. Put that man on the field and let him work!

The analogy is good though because I don't think any of us ever thought Madden would be an icon as an announcer. Whether you like him or not....he was. Nor do I think any of us ever felt he would be able to walk away from coaching, and he did. I can see the connection with Gruden, and I had never connected the dots before. Also gruden was the only good Coach since madden that Al ever had.

Cerberus

In Dog We Trust
I honestly don't think Harbaugh deserves to be an NFL coach yet. Yes, he has done wonders with Stanford, but give me a QB like Luck...and well you get the idea. I also don't think his gung ho attitude will take well with NFL vets, until he has proven himself. Now, does that mean he won't be an NFL coach...nope. But I bet he falls flat in his first shot. I would much rather see him at Michigan...and make them more competitive, and make Ohio State's wins over them mean more....than see him fail in the NFL.

Did you watch the game? 1st half and 2nd half was 2 different games. 1st half he faced a 5-2-4 defence that gave him troubles and he struggled and he admited it in after game chats. 2nd half they switched to a 4-3-4 defence basically where he had a field day and threw 4 TDs. The way i see it, the first half was like a pro style D where he struggled and the 2nd half was college D. He needs more time in college to get it. Hope he stays another year. He needs the exp.

*on a side note, his lazy eyes is irratating to watch in an interveiw.

maverick824

Cowher is simple. He replaces Fox in Carolina in 2012, or he's done. He's done everything there is to do in coaching with one of the NFL's marquee franchises. Carolina is home, and it'd be the only way. He's not doing it for the money at this point.

Gruden's the one with more options. He's perfectly happy with his MNF gig, and could be fantastic for a long time there, so I don't think it's about the money for him either. I think for him to step back on the sideline, it'd have to be a job he covets. Only he knows where those spots are.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Hard to say. Its going to take somewhere with prestige like Dallas, but without the meddling owner. I dont know you find that anymore.

Bayton

Gruden is still being paid another 8 million by the Bucs to not coach again this coming 2011 season. He's not coming back this year if he does at all. For as smart as Gruden is, he is just as flawed as a coach/power monger.