Who would you trade

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
I'd trade favre for Fitz in a heart beat. Favre is a nice fantasy QB at this point is an all world RB.....Rodgers is becoming an elite QB and does not have near the running game requiring him to ait it out more, meaning better fantasy numbers. Fitz is a great addition and you don't need both the QB's, get rid of favre.

RZR

Sun-kissed & restless
As long as you don't lose points for sacks... Rodgers just can't stay upright throughout an entire game.

RZR

Sun-kissed & restless
Heck RZR rumor is that he falls over at the dinner table.

I wouldn't doubt it. He's very practiced. Rodgers was sacked twice more today, but he played better overall and they won. I own Rodgers in a league so believe me, I criticize because I care.

But I have to disagree with the statement that Rodgers is becoming an elite QB and Farve isn't one. Farve is on fire! #4 and #18 are rocket-fueled, and the weapons don't stop there. Farve knows he can toss TD's to Harvin and Shianco practically on command. AP is still a hunk, but no longer the only gun in the case.

Rodgers struggles to move the chains and is still making nervous, young QB mistakes. Jennings came back from the dead today, and Driver performed his typically middle-of-the-road dance. GB's WR/TE's are not nearly as consistent as the Vikings and a contributing factor to that comparison is the QB.

Farve is more than afterthought QB in that Vikings uniform. I know of one very worthy fantasy opponent today that might be wishing he hadn't benched Farve.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
you make great points if this is a real NFL discussion.

In a fantasy football discussion I don't see where there is an argument.

In a 6 pt per TD league, Rodgers went into this week as the #1 QB in fantasy football with 219 pts. He added another 26 today for a total of 245. He has also been the monst consistent QB in the league from a fantasy standpoint. He has never had under 15 pts, and has only been under 20 pts once all season!! He also has 2 30+ pt games. That is being an ELITE QB.

Now let's look at Favre, going into the week he was the #9 QB, meaning he's a starter, but not elite IMO. He had 182 pts coming into the week and added 32 this week for a total of 214 pts, 31 pts behind Rodgers. He also has not been near as consistent having 2 wks of 10 or fewer pts and 3 wks under 15 pts compared to zero for Rodgers. 5 of his wks, nearly half his games he has been under 20 (remember Rodgers, only had 1). Favre does have the same number of 30+ pt games, 2.

If you want to look at what they have done lately, look at the last 5 games, Rodgers has 133 pts compared to Favre's 122 (he has a 9 pt clunker in there).

Favre is GOOD.....Rodgers has become ELITE, he's just been the best fantasy QB this year. He gets sacked a lot, but sacks don't mean anything in fantasy.

Love ya Rachelle, but I don't think the numbers lie here.

RZR

Sun-kissed & restless
Okay, I can pick up what you're throwing down here Miller.

Rodgers isn't the #1 QB in my leagues, Peyton is... but Rodgers is undeniably on his coat tails. I can see your side of the numbers. Farve is anywhere from 7th - 9th in the rankings. So I will agree that the numbers don't lie here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Okay, I can pick up what you're throwing down here Miller.

Rodgers isn't the #1 QB in my leagues, Peyton is... but Rodgers is undeniably on his coat tails. I can see your side of the numbers. Farve is anywhere from 7th - 9th in the rankings. So I will agree that the numbers don't lie here.
I used numbers from the scoring system the guy posted above, 6 pts per TD.