FA Signing: who will be first

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
That does clear the road for a trade. Watch for this on draft day.....

I wonder if Cleveland shouldn't take a look here. Take Watkins at 4 and deal a 3rd for Cousins.....Gordon, Watkins, Jordan.....looks like a nice set of weapons.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
That does clear the road for a trade. Watch for this on draft day.....

I wonder if Cleveland shouldn't take a look here. Take Watkins at 4 and deal a 3rd for Cousins.....Gordon, Watkins, Jordan.....looks like a nice set of weapons.
No, that is WAAAYYYY to logical for Cleveland......Oakland maybe too also fits this scenario, as Schaub is a short term fill in?

cctekguy

Staff member
Not sure how I missed this one but FA Dexter McCluster signed a 3 yr deal with the Titans.

No...not earth shattering, but I've fancied McCluster since KC drafted him. Unfortunately, Dexter was a RB on a RB rich team. KC recognized his explosiveness and made attempts to get him on the field but his success was limited (except on special teams, where he excelled).

Now he's in Tennessee and from what I'm reading he will be a RB again. The lightning to Shonn Greene's thunder. Sprole-ish, if you will.

With a new O-Line coach and some young talented linemen, this could finally be a recipe for some success for Dex.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Sproles lite could be a good comparison, but he is too slight of frame to handle a ton of carries....need to get him in space. Unfortunately, the Titans have had a guy the past few years who is an dangerous as they come in space and have failed to get him there much. That said, I think Teckie brings up a good sleeper to keep an eye on in ppt leagues.

However, temper the excitement levels a bit until draft day. If the Titans take a RB in the first 3 rounds that could tell you what you need to know about his upside. If they don't, he will be a guy to keep very close tabs on.

My guess, he's a role player similar to his time in KC. I think they draft a lead back type in the draft. Tre Mason would be a great compliment to Greene.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Sproles lite could be a good comparison, but he is too slight of frame to handle a ton of carries....need to get him in space. Unfortunately, the Titans have had a guy the past few years who is an dangerous as they come in space and have failed to get him there much. That said, I think Teckie brings up a good sleeper to keep an eye on in ppt leagues.

However, temper the excitement levels a bit until draft day. If the Titans take a RB in the first 3 rounds that could tell you what you need to know about his upside. If they don't, he will be a guy to keep very close tabs on.

My guess, he's a role player similar to his time in KC. I think they draft a lead back type in the draft. Tre Mason would be a great compliment to Greene.
Rumor running now is they draft at least one rb, and have McCluster fill the woodhead portion of the game in this offense Wisenhunt is bringing with him from SD. I don't see a true comparison but oh well. The drafted back would fight it out with Greene for the Mathews carries.