West Virginia to Big 12

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
I totally HATE this move.

I hear crap on radio here about how they are a big brand and bring in good basketball, but come on...the nearest school to them is Iowa State and thats 733 miles.

1,465 miles to Lubbock

1,398 miles to Austin.

What the hell are they thinking?

MongerKhan

TXL: Pimp Hand Strong
Staff member
Not to mention that any team going there has to fly into Pittsburgh (i think) and drive a hour and a half to there campus.

Cerberus

In Dog We Trust
Other than the travel distance, i like this move. One step closer to shutting down the Big East for good. WV to the ACC would make a better option as would Louisiville following them there also. If this WV move to the Big 12 is right , it is a very short time before the rest leave. But where they all go is the big question.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Looks like its on hold as of today. Louisville is making a push to get in over the couch burners from Morgantown.

MongerKhan

TXL: Pimp Hand Strong
Staff member
On hold while Mizzou decides what exactly they want to do with going to the SEC or staying in the Big 12

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Chip Brown of Orangebloods.com, authority on these matters, claims only one will come in and UL is not going to happen.

Hope he is wrong.

Cerberus

In Dog We Trust
And now WV files a lawsuit to leave the big east. Big east is holding Pitt/Syracuse/WV hostage and making them stay for another year or so. All along the same time sending out invites to Boise/Navy/ Air Force and rumor has it they are sending out invites to UCF/Houston and somebody else i can't remember.

Now if i was one of those schools being invited, not sure i'd jump in when so many are leaving and it's all the main schools.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
I agree, however, for schools like Air Force and whatnot, this is their only legitimate shot at getting into a BCS Conference. They are running the following risks:

1. Join the Big East and it then fail to remain an AQ conference at the next recertificaiton
2. Stay in the Super Conference and then it fails to become an AQ conference while the Big East somehow remains one
3. Jump ship, spend alot of money on travel, and then both conferences fail to become/remain AQ

Cerberus

In Dog We Trust
Talking about Boise kinda confused me for a minute in the WV thread. LOL. Saw today Boise only joins Big East if they make it a western division and eastern division and adding another west side team to join. Still think its a horrible move for Boise to go to Big East esp since Pitt/Syracuse/WV are all leaving. Boise to Big 12 maybe would make more sence but who am i to argue stupidity? lol

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Boise is just as far as the WVU! The money grab is so stupid sometimes.

Now Im reading the BCS may swap to just taking the top 2 teams for the title and the next 8 teams for the BCS bowls regardless of conference affiliation...meaning if the SEC had 4 teams in the BCS top 10, they get 4 BCS births.

Cerberus

In Dog We Trust
Boise is just as far as the WVU! The money grab is so stupid sometimes.

Now Im reading the BCS may swap to just taking the top 2 teams for the title and the next 8 teams for the BCS bowls regardless of conference affiliation...meaning if the SEC had 4 teams in the BCS top 10, they get 4 BCS births.

HUH, hadn't heard that one. News to me. I like the idea tho.