Vikings waive Randy Moss

The Ram

Half Man, Half Amazing
Holy crap! NFL.com is reporting it. More to follow. Lombardi is reporting it and it has hit Twitter. Wow, this is pretty insane.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
they just cut him?!?!?!? That is insane! Wonder if this means Rice is ready to return? :dunno:

Skedar120

Buccaneer Faithful
Or perhaps cutting their losses on this season. Could be a way just to save some money to use on draft picks/offseason moves.

maverick824

i think it was probably due to the fact he was fined 25k for ignoring the media, then spent Sunday night whining about the coaching staff......guess the Vikes just completely threw away a 3rd rounder :biglaugh:

aspera1163

A. Who gets him on waivers and how does it effect that team?
B. What FF does he have if any?

Does Pats have enough balls to put in a claim?

aspera1163

NFL Network's Mike Lombardi reports that the Vikings have waived Randy Moss.

If the report is correct, the Vikings have given up on Moss just four games after acquiring him for a third-round pick on October 5. After calling out the coaching staff in his Sunday night press conference, Moss refused to travel with his teammates back to Minnesota, instead staying in Boston with his family. He'll now be subject to the waivers process, with any team claiming him on the hook for his $6.4 million salary prorated over the rest of the season. The winless Bills have first dibs.

Fantasy Football, Baseball and Basketball - draft guide, news, projections, cheatsheets, depth charts and more. Rotoworld.com

The Ram

Half Man, Half Amazing
Here's the story:
The NFL Network reported that the Vikings waived Moss on Monday, one day after he criticized head coach Brad Childress in a bizarre news conference following a 28-18 loss in New England. Vikings LB Ben Leber told the Minneapolis Star Tribune that Childress told the team it had cut Moss.
Moss, who is set to become a free agent after the season, would have to clear waivers before he becomes a free agent.

Vikings waive Randy Moss less than one month after trade from Patriots - The Huddle: Football News from the NFL - USATODAY.com

The Ram

Half Man, Half Amazing
As far as how this affects fantasy football, I'm going to reserve judgement until he is either claimed off waivers (very likely....hello, St. Louis Rams?) or passes waivers and is a free agent. If a team claims him they will have to negotiate a deal with the Vikes so there is a possibility of them getting something for him instead of pissing away a 3rd rounder. Rany's production will be again stunted while he learns a new system. The gaining quarterback's long term production (ie playoff push for ff) will get a boost.

aspera1163

Bills have first shot at him but they are building for the future so I dont see him ending up there. Rams would be nice because Bradford will need at least 1 WR if they want to make a playoff push.

maverick824

oh hell, why not.....

sign him Mike Brown, we're not doing anything else this year anyway, might as well see what happens when Ocho, Owens, and Moss run 3 wide sets lol.........

mills

The Vikings are a circus I wouldn't want to be a part of right now... Favre is the ring leader with Childress doing all the tricks.

derringer007

"Its An Outrage"
After his press conference saying that he missed the Pats like a long last relative, i was sure something would have happened but not him getting cut.

Randy Moss will be nothing but a problem for any team willing to sign him

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Kansas City will sign him. He will be the Yin to Bowes Yang, and the Chiefs will go on to win the AFC West. They will then quickly fire him after the season.

The Ram

Half Man, Half Amazing
I just read something that indicated Denver will be the first to pursue him. Like the mess the Broncos are in needs any more help.

Arctic Dawgs

They were just saying on NFLN that it is not official. Childress told the Vikings players that this morning without saying anything to Front Office, who were just as shocked.

:wow:

This is getting messier by the minute. Apparently Childress'es contract gives him authority over who is on the 53 man roster.